Clyde FC Season 24/25

2 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

You're the one asking for privately-sourced documents. Except, you don't need shown it, do you? 

No I was asking what comments someone made after two accounts started posting about it as if it was public knowledge. 

Didn’t realise it was some Cold War level shit going on. 

36 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

No I was asking what comments someone made after two accounts started posting about it as if it was public knowledge. 

Didn’t realise it was some Cold War level shit going on. 

It was the talk of the steamie on Saturday, i hear. Maybe you were left out of the loop. That's a 'you' problem, if so. 

Frankly the club does not deserve to survive.

Countless disappointments, severe mis-management, repeated mistakes, ongoing in-fighting, more Board resignations than you can remember, calling fellow supporters names because they look at things differently, and certain individuals posting cryptic messages to suggest insight or knowledge without actually saying it outright.

It is becoming/has become not worth the effort or money.

28 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

The details aren't confidential. The source of them is. It's really very simple.

Why have you refused on three occasions to divulge the details, with one refusal coming with a load of bollocks about entrapment, if the details aren't confidential? :lol:

The Bully Wee indeed.

32 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Countless disappointments, severe mis-management, repeated mistakes, ongoing in-fighting, more Board resignations than you can remember, calling fellow supporters names because they look at things differently, and certain individuals posting cryptic messages to suggest insight or knowledge without actually saying it outright.

Thought we were all in it together. Apparently not. 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Might be an idea to reduce name calling at home first- maybe next time there’s a family get together…. your wee one is pretty adapt at it if someone has a difference of opinion to him.

33 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Might be an idea to reduce name calling at home first- maybe next time there’s a family get together…. your wee one is pretty adapt at it if someone has a difference of opinion to him.

Leave it out with the personal references. If anyone says something you don't like speak to them at the game. You have the benefit of clearly knowing my name and family members, I have no idea who you are, and do not want to. 

Fit that chat in after you go to English classes with your mate from a few pages back!

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Why have you refused on three occasions to divulge the details, with one refusal coming with a load of bollocks about entrapment, if the details aren't confidential? :lol:

The Bully Wee indeed.

Let' look at this differently, for a minute. One of your enjoyable hobbies is watching this binfire of a club and it's remaining nutjobs argue about it. A considerable number of people have all but checked out, and for the few of them who post, their only continued interest is watching what they predicted/warned about unfold. Why in the name of christ would anyone help those of the different opinion/head in sand who usually ignore everything they say, when what is being discussed this time costs £60 a year to see for themselves, IF they were so interested in club affairs in the first place?

Should anyone have been stupid enough to directly quote/screenshot what is private members' correspondence, although it's merely a courtesy than an order not to, the opportunity to ban fans from ownership isn't one this club thinks twice of taking up. And in all likelihood, were someone to do it, it'd likely be dismissed as the nothing burger and "nothing to see" by a fair chunk of the majority of posters that every other crisis and its' origin is usually dismissed as, for whatever reason. 

That's why. 

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Well, who was it who placed the sanctions on club information which led to people having to be 'cryptic' in the first place? "Commercial confidentiality", the most used phrase in the club's recent history. People were left simply having to speculate, or better still watch their language even if they knew via other sources that the club wasn't telling the whole story on a whole variety of matters. That's the game which the club and various boards have chosen to play, NOT us. 

I've seen the quote and I can understand why people are reticent to share it. It's not the kind of thing you really want to air publicly on P&B, but I can sympathise with those who are in the dark and have to see folk bringing things up in such a manner. I will say that it is in line with growing reservations I have had over Maitland, his approach and his intentions, particularly in recent months. Upping the ticket prices "to get a better product on the park" without any kind of forewarning or fan/owner consultation looks like a perfect manifestation of the subject at hand here.

Maitland did do a great job in attracting a manager of McCall's calibre in our predicament last year (albeit, I suspect that the latter came on board underestimating just how difficult the job would be). The pair of them worked wonders in the January window, but we were left with a squad extremely similar to the one we currently have, with less overall depth and poor full-backs. Though it did eventually come good, it was never at any point entirely convincing and I think a large part of that was down to a lack of balance across the squad. I think we all trusted that McCall would've learned lessons and that the group this summer was moulded accordingly, but it seems to me as though it's once again a medley of strong individuals that can't really be properly configured into the sum of its parts. Part-time management is a totally different beast to what McCall is used to and I'm starting to have genuine concerns about whether he is going to be able to adapt to the more simplistic approach to coaching and squad building that it demands.

Given we stuffed Edinburgh in the League Cup, I don't think even a convincing victory over them (if we can manage one at all!) will tell us anything whatsoever about whether we have turned a corner. If we do win it, the subsequent Elgin/Peterhead/Spartans triple-header to see out the first quarter will be the informative games, and there's not a single one of those that I fancy. If we lose it, then I don't see how McCall's position is remotely tenable.

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Leave it out with the personal references. If anyone says something you don't like speak to them at the game. You have the benefit of clearly knowing my name and family members, I have no idea who you are, and do not want to. 

Fit that chat in after you go to English classes with your mate from a few pages back!

Aha- the apple clearly doesn’t fall too far from the tree, this must be where Jnr gets it from. “personal references”?  Maybe you should ask the wee one about that sort of thing and counsel him not to indulge and not me.
Thanks for the advice on English classes- I was quite content with my First class with honours English degree but maybe I should in fact go for a Masters.