Clyde FC Season 24/25

5 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Colonel in the coorie doons...."I don't like what they are saying, lets run away"

The mute button is a bit like soggy biscuit, but with pizza. 

Imagine your pal loves this restaurant, and takes you and all his other pals to it. Swears by it. On your way to the toilet before the mains, you spot the chef and waiter knocking one out over your mate's pizza through the kitchen door, and you quietly tell him. 

"But it's f**kin awesome...." he protests, and he scoffs the cummy drippy pizza right in front of you.

That's who uses mute, here. 

9 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Amid all the doom, gloom and infighting, I decided to take a look at the league table on the website. Thankfully things aren't as bad as they seem and we should, whatever unfolds, be able to hold on to our League 2 status again this season:

Screenshot_2024-09-02-17-36-15-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.dff83e284d69a4e57931226c9330b418.jpg

Well there's always a positive. Big bottom of the league clash in 2 weeks time then.

9 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

Thought we were all in it together. Apparently not. 

We are all in it together.  It’s just that they didn’t tell us what “it” was.

Ach we were due 1 Strichener. But no doubt when we go to Peterhead at the end of the month the usual ref from the north east will be in charge and you will get your obligatory penalty or 2. McAllister will elbow everyone in sight as per usual and get away with it. But you shouldn't need any help as we are playing so badly.  Oh forgot I'm paranoid it doesn't happen up there. Did I spell McAllister  correctly as the grammar police have suddenly appeared on the forum?

2 hours ago, strichener said:

I take it the refereeing conspiracy against Clyde was called off this weekend after that "penalty" decision?

I think there was only one person claiming that there was a refereeing conspiracy, they just have about four accounts

3 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

Ach we were due 1 Strichener. But no doubt when we go to Peterhead at the end of the month the usual ref from the north east will be in charge and you will get your obligatory penalty or 2. McAllister will elbow everyone in sight as per usual and get away with it. But you shouldn't need any help as we are playing so badly.  Oh forgot I'm paranoid it doesn't happen up there. Did I spell McAllister  correctly as the grammar police have suddenly appeared on the forum?

Guilty re the grammar police bit- you spelled it perfectly lol

15 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Welcome back to the thread! You’ve been quiet for a while, I was starting to get concerned.

It's good to be back. I still think there's some mileage in the Inverness fiasco, but there's nothing quite like Clyde, except maybe Livi...Rangers. Falkirk, now I think about it. Thistle and Hearts when they got relegated during covid.

Hi all apologies for going quiet for a while as i thought my work was done but it would appear that history is repeating itself and we are heading back to the bottom. I cant wait for all the haters to respond but like it or not my posts saved us last season.

12 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Amid all the doom, gloom and infighting, I decided to take a look at the league table on the website. Thankfully things aren't as bad as they seem and we should, whatever unfolds, be able to hold on to our League 2 status again this season:

This is the thing - at the moment we're still only five games into the season. The last three games have been an absolute shambles after a decent cup campaign and an unbeaten opening two fixtures.

Things are obviously not 'good' at the moment to put it lightly, considering we were expected to blitz the league, but the week off is coming at a good time and it's a chance to take stock and reset with two home games to follow. Those games after the break are absolutely make or break for the season though and lacklustre results against Edinburgh and Elgin before we play a very strong looking Peterhead make the managers position absolutely untenable, as has previously been said.

It's obviously very difficult to be hopeful, but I am an optimist at my core so I'm not utterly bereft yet. Maybe like, 87% bereft.