Clyde FC Season 24/25

12 minutes ago, James creamy pie said:

Because I'm not. 

So he's basically a head banger? Nothing would surprise me more with this club.

He is nuts. We called him Mad Mental Martin Hardie for a reason. He was a vital player for Thistle under Lambie and our climb back to the Premier League. 

Scored a few goals for us.

Was appointed BSC manager then booted 2 months later. Never a dull moment with Martin. Huge Sevco fan.

21 minutes ago, James creamy pie said:

Because I'm not. 

So he's basically a head banger? Nothing would surprise me more with this club.

Surely you could've looked him up, he had a decent playing career. I knew him years ago and always found him to be a great guy. He went of the rails a bit over his ex though that fitted his nickname. As far as I knew that came from his robust playing style.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, James creamy pie said:

Apparently we're speaking to a guy called Martin Hardie. My old man says he was at BSC Glasgow and before that Stirling Albion.

Surely not. Been out the game for a few years I'm sure if it's the same one. Sure he was Kevin Rutkiewicz assistant at the binos. 

Can only hope he has just applied and we're speaking to all who do so. 

He has also been done for similar to Marvin Bartley in the past I'm sure. 

AlexandraPark.thumb.jpg.1562395a428e8a0e414711c36d3e3ddb.jpg

I assume the pitches at the bottom right will be where the playing pitch will be, and there seems to be plenty room to put a stand  on the south side of the pitch ( might have to move a few trees!) I didn't realise we are interested in the blaze area to the north - could this become a car park? entry is limited though.

I realise that our club has greater difficulties just now, but just a bit of info!

Chas

Edited by chas
typos

1 hour ago, chas said:

AlexandraPark.thumb.jpg.1562395a428e8a0e414711c36d3e3ddb.jpg

I assume the pitches at the bottom right will be where the playing pitch will be, and there seems to be plenty room to put a stand  on the south side of the pitch ( might have to move a few trees!) I didn't realise we are interested in the blaze area to the north - could this become a car park? entry is limited though.

I realise that our club has greater difficulties just now, but just a bit of info!

Chas

Local Dennistoun resident and frequent user of Alexandra Park, and come in peace with no agenda. 

Between the pitches and the pond there is about 20 yards. There is little scope to develop a SPFL compliant ground in that space. The pond itself has significant wildlife in it. 

There's a school right next to it too. 

The blaze bit is part of the park. It was, many many years ago, tennis courts. The circus that comes to the park a couple of times a year, sets up there. It's about the size of a decent sized 5s pitch. Maybe a bit bigger. 

To create access for parking there would involve flattening a good section of the park. There's no vehicular access to that bit of the park currently. 

In the park there is currently, up by the existing sports hub, about a dozen or so parking spaces. 

I suppose theoretically a football stadium could be built in and around the site but it would require significant encroachment into the park. 

The park is a valued community asset utilised by the local community both on a formal and informal basis. 

Any development that would impact on the park would be met with significant opposition. 

Running the existing facility to expand the Clyde Foundation's charitable activities is absolutely a goer. Much like the Partick Thistle Charitable Trust are utilising Petershill Park. Anything beyond that though does not seem to be a realistic option. 

I remember many years ago there was a now-defunct Juniors team (Dennistoun Waverly) whose ground was located somewhere in the region of Cumbernauld Road, not far from this proposed development. IIRC this was a blaes pitch, totally unsuitable for Junior level football even way back then.

Does anyone know if this location has been redeveloped for another purpose (maybe housing ?) or could this be a feasible brownfield site for a stadium ?

First time poster.

Does anyone have any insight into sites that have been considered and discounted...this time round?

For the reasons that John MacLean states above, pitches that look more viable to me than Hagghill at Alexandra Park include:

- Peter Brownlee Park (Cambuslang/Westburn) Underused South Lanarkshire Council Asset, 3 miles from Shawfield and 0.5 miles from the Clyde. Close to Newton which is growing, lots of kids. Not great in terms of pre-match pint or rail links but a more viable site to grow into.

- Barrachnie Park (Mount Vernon) Not sure how well used. Glasgow City Council Asset, 3.7 miles from Shawfield and 1 mile from the Clyde. Great rail links to old heartland, pub near the park, decent size catchment of folk, space to grow.

- Strathord Park (Tolcross) Not a Glasgow City Council Asset, according to the register but can't really work out who else it could belong to? Again, not far from heartland and looks more viable than Alexandra.

Edited by Ritchie McCusker

2 minutes ago, Ritchie McCusker said:

First time poster.

Does anyone have any insight into sites that have been considered and discounted...this time round?

For the reasons that John MacLean states above, pitches that look more viable to me than Hagghill iat Alexanndra Park include:

- Peter Brownlee Park (Cambuslang/Westburn) Underused South Lanarkshire Council Asset, 3 miles from Shawfield and 0.5 miles from the Clyde. Close to Newton which is growing, lots of kids. Not great in terms of pre-match pint or rail links but a more viable site to grow into.

- Barrachnie Park (Mount Vernon) Not sure how well used. Glasgow City Council Asset, 3.7 miles from Shawfield and 1 mile from the Clyde. Great rail links to old heartland, pub near the park, decent size catchment of folk, space to grow.

- Strathord Park (Tolcross) Not a Glasgow City Council Asset, according to the register but can't really work out who else it could belong to? Again, not far from heartland and looks more viable than Alexandra.

I would love James Lindsay Park In Baillieston- only because it’s a 10 minute walk away!

6 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

I would love James Lindsay Park In Baillieston- only because it’s a 10 minute walk away!

10 minutes walk from me too, and would be handy for me when St Mirren are playing away fixtures. 

BUT, I think Glasgow Council have other plans in place for that site.

Bugger !

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I remember many years ago there was a now-defunct Juniors team (Dennistoun Waverly) whose ground was located somewhere in the region of Cumbernauld Road, not far from this proposed development. IIRC this was a blaes pitch, totally unsuitable for Junior level football even way back then.

Does anyone know if this location has been redeveloped for another purpose (maybe housing ?) or could this be a feasible brownfield site for a stadium ?

There's a 4g pitch on that site now, next to the local secondary school. 

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

appin street