Clyde FC Season 24/25

19 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

We haven't had many victories this season but knowing some guy saying he wouldn't take any Stirling players for our starting XI has gotten so deep under your skin that, months later, you're spending your Saturday evening celebrating a win for your team by fishing on a forum for part time football teams is a crumb of comfort.

I spent my Saturday evening consuming beers in central Madrid after typing "the bully wee" on this very important forum. I'm a little hungover today so might cheer myself up by reading the pre season optimism on this thread. Glad I could give you a crumb of comfort though. 

2 hours ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Ok, i'll rephrase.

It hasn't been mentioned, not once. But hey- two race nights and a bunjee jump will fix it all. 

The idea there's anything to 'fix' is absurd, from a fans viewpoint anyway. Not our problem. They've made an arse of everything else, why not this 'free hand' they were given too.

And that's why I believe there is no goodwill from the fans this time . Caused by unnecessary overspending the results of which have yielded no improvement. Not up to the fans hence why the race night is almost certain to be cancelled. Not just McCall to blame agreed AM must take his share of the blame. If the club folded I genuinely don't think there would be the same wringing of hands there would have been even 2 or 3 years ago. A continued incapability to get even the simplest thing correct inevitably leads to more and more apathy which is what we are seeing. Just switch the lights off. 

57 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I spent my Saturday evening consuming beers in central Madrid after typing "the bully wee" on this very important forum. I'm a little hungover today so might cheer myself up by reading the pre season optimism on this thread. Glad I could give you a crumb of comfort though. 

Cool. Fwiw I spent my Saturday evening being 6 foot 5 and driving my Ferrari. Good luck with the hangover.

4 hours ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

McCall's an easy scapegoat. 

Here, i hate the cnt too, and was never thrilled by a fourth out of five successive Thistle b*stard in the dugout myself. But no one has behaved themselves in this. Not the prodigal hero AM, whose return in still clouded in mystery. Not the board, and not even the whistleblower who could have made the events public at the time if if meant so much to him.

You'll get idiots saying "none of this matters on the field"- absolute horseshit. Even if the bigger earners did con an inflated 2 year contract from the Clyde golden goose, there's enough players left who know what the club is meant to be about who'd have fought that bit harder in games. Why should they bother when no one above cares or does the same?

If this super-budget is so crippling, why aren't the club freeing high-end players who've earned bugger all of their wage so far? 

Of course there are other issues at play here and many other individuals who have failed the club - both on and off the pitch. That said, McCall is very much responsible for the fact we are currently bottom of League 2 and have a squad of players who look completely bereft of confidence and who are seemingly incapable of winning a football match.

I'm just after reading a story in the Daily Record online with McCall touting for business, reminding us what an experienced and wonderful manager he is but lamenting his decision to remain with us this season.

“But I should have gone after the win in Elgin. I knew that was the case when Clyde, at the start of this season, beat Partick Thistle in a cup tie at Firhill (a 3-2 victory in the League Cup groups). I went down the tunnel at time-up and I knew that I wasn’t as elated as I should have been.”

Not sure whether this means he was conflicted by the fact we'd just embarrassed his beloved Jags or Clyde were just too insignificant to get his juices flowing. The article is basically a "Manager for hire" advert with him going on to say he'd happily consider any job from Premiership all the way down the leagues or even a Director of Football role.

The guy is absolutely delusional but then again, Scottish football is so chock full of supporters and clubs with selective amnesia it probably won't be long before he's given another managerial position with his tenure at Clyde being dismissed as a Clyde rather than McCall problem. Good luck to him but more importantly, good luck to whoever ends up having to put up with his shite.

Edited by RutherGlen

1 hour ago, Shawfield78 said:

And that's why I believe there is no goodwill from the fans this time . Caused by unnecessary overspending the results of which have yielded no improvement. Not up to the fans hence why the race night is almost certain to be cancelled. Not just McCall to blame agreed AM must take his share of the blame. If the club folded I genuinely don't think there would be the same wringing of hands there would have been even 2 or 3 years ago. A continued incapability to get even the simplest thing correct inevitably leads to more and more apathy which is what we are seeing. Just switch the lights off. 

But, the overspending hasn't caused the results or the piss poor attitude shown by everyone who has their dirty mitts full of the said monies. Shite recruitment and flinging spaghetti at the wall, has caused those. At least half the players signed were written off by fans of other clubs as wastes of space, especially the QOS and Ayr connected ones. Whatever they're being paid, it's 100% too much. We've signed not a single player with anything like a proven pedigree at even L2 level since Hamilton. I appreciate some *have done it higher up, so the only reason they're here is for the f**king money and nothing else. That is 100% the fault of Allan Maitland yet he carries on as normal. "Good day to bury bad news" on reappt the most hated person in the clubs recent history to the board- why f**king do it, then? He's an utter charlatan getting a free ride. Idiots on all platforms still bleat about "those responsible"- AM has stood before the 40 odd people who remain bothered and TOLD them it's him. 

Lights out, right enough.

7 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Of course there are other issues at play here and many other individuals who have failed the club - both on and off the pitch. That said, McCall is very much responsible for the fact we are currently bottom of League 2 and have a squad of players who look completely bereft of confidence and who are seemingly incapable of winning a football match.

I'm just after reading a story in the Daily Record online with McCall touting for business, reminding us what an experienced and wonderful manager he is but lamenting his decision to remain with us this season.

“But I should have gone after the win in Elgin. I knew that was the case when Clyde, at the start of this season, beat Partick Thistle in a cup tie at Firhill (a 3-2 victory in the League Cup groups). I went down the tunnel at time-up and I knew that I wasn’t as elated as I should have been.”

Not sure whether this means he was conflicted by the fact we'd just embarrassed his beloved Jags or Clyde were just too insignificant to get his juices flowing. The article is basically a "Manager for hire" advert with him going on to say he'd happily consider any job from Premiership all the way down the leagues or even a Director of Football role.

The guy is absolutely delusional but then again, Scottish football is so chock full of supporters and clubs with selective amnesia it probably won't be long before he's given another managerial position with his tenure at Clyde being dismissed as a Clyde rather than McCall problem. Good luck to him but more importantly, good luck to whoever ends up having to put up with his shite.

Jesus Christ. I'm glad i read that excerpt here, and not in its original place.

If you dared question McCall or motivations on the club forum it became a party whip issue, yet there it is in black and white- and yes, it does look like he just didn't care one way or another.

10 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

But, the overspending hasn't caused the results or the piss poor attitude shown by everyone who has their dirty mitts full of the said monies. Shite recruitment and flinging spaghetti at the wall, has caused those. At least half the players signed were written off by fans of other clubs as wastes of space, especially the QOS and Ayr connected ones. Whatever they're being paid, it's 100% too much. We've signed not a single player with anything like a proven pedigree at even L2 level since Hamilton. I appreciate some *have done it higher up, so the only reason they're here is for the f**king money and nothing else. That is 100% the fault of Allan Maitland yet he carries on as normal. "Good day to bury bad news" on reappt the most hated person in the clubs recent history to the board- why f**king do it, then? He's an utter charlatan getting a free ride. Idiots on all platforms still bleat about "those responsible"- AM has stood before the 40 odd people who remain bothered and TOLD them it's him. 

Lights out, right enough.

That's correct.  It has been the wrong type of player brought in. Yes just here for the money it seems. This is worse than 2016 under Ferguson . I'm not sure it can be fixed. Folk staying away and no wonder race night cancelled almost certainly again no wonder . Almost certainly put the cup next week . Nothing positive anywhere within this total shitefest. 

2 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

That's correct.  It has been the wrong type of player brought in. Yes just here for the money it seems. This is worse than 2016 under Ferguson . I'm not sure it can be fixed. Folk staying away and no wonder race night cancelled almost certainly again no wonder . Almost certainly put the cup next week . Nothing positive anywhere within this total shitefest. 

Out the cup even .

2 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

I have one - McCall is no longer the manager. I would expect our new manager to be in place for the Elgin away game and there is still a chance that a competent manager could get a tune out of this squad. 

2 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I have one - McCall is no longer the manager. I would expect our new manager to be in place for the Elgin away game and there is still a chance that a competent manager could get a tune out of this squad. 

Same people to make the appointment - with a budget hole that makes JA's stomach turn.

6 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

How can you change the  mind set of certain players though ? You saying McCall set them up wrong and/ or they didn't want to play for him or as other fans have said we signed players with bad attitudes ? On yesterday's display I expect nothing other than a defeat next week new manager or not. 

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

I must admit. Your quote has changed my view, significantly. Didn't the great AM detect McCall was, finally, out of shits to give....is he a f**king simpleton, to reputedly work in tandem with a guy closely enough to almost financially sink the club and not detect his money be spent better elsewhere, and almost anywhere?

The jury's out on the players. I really, really dislike Jordan Allan and his spitting dummies habit. I loathe Ray Grant and his part in three seasons of utter shit and a queue of sacked managers. These are the two principal fanboy magnets of our idiot support. There's others, but oxygen is their friend. The bottom line is, the club that begged the higher power for the chance to prove money wouldn't spoil them has totally and utterly shat every bed in the barracks and the lack of cohesive response points to the club deserving to be drilled into the dust, frankly.

9 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

How can you change the  mind set of certain players though ? You saying McCall set them up wrong and/ or they didn't want to play for him or as other fans have said we signed players with bad attitudes ? On yesterday's display I expect nothing other than a defeat next week new manager or not. 

The mindset of the players is one factor in this but I'm not a football manager so you're asking the wrong person as to how we change that. I'm sure there are ways of doing it though.

To answer your other question, yes - I think it's fairly obvious McCall didn't have a clue how to set up the team given his habit of his multiple subs at HT every week. I also think the players probably aren't giving anywhere near their all and a huge factor in that was probably McCall's lack of care and investment in the job. If your boss doesn't give a crap, it can be very easy to adopt the same mentality and let everything slide.

I'd venture to say we don't need a tactical genius but more just an individual with a bit of enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and encourage the players. Playing our strongest 11 (in their correct positions!) would also help of course but if they can instill a bit of self confidence and fight in the squad I think there's a reasonable chance we could get this season back on track. 

16 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

The mindset of the players is one factor in this but I'm not a football manager so you're asking the wrong person as to how we change that. I'm sure there are ways of doing it though.

To answer your other question, yes - I think it's fairly obvious McCall didn't have a clue how to set up the team given his habit of his multiple subs at HT every week. I also think the players probably aren't giving anywhere near their all and a huge factor in that was probably McCall's lack of care and investment in the job. If your boss doesn't give a crap, it can be very easy to adopt the same mentality and let everything slide.

I'd venture to say we don't need a tactical genius but more just an individual with a bit of enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and encourage the players. Playing our strongest 11 (in their correct positions!) would also help of course but if they can instill a bit of self confidence and fight in the squad I think there's a reasonable chance we could get this season back on track. 

Darren Young is clearly the best candidate if you can afford him..

He seemed to manage to make it fun again and the attitude and team spirit improved notably.

A decent manager would certainly get more out of that squad than McCall managed.