Stranraer 2024-25

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

Darren Young has a great CV for the job, I think they might go for an "easier" option like Aitken.

If that is to be the case and he can replicate the efforts from last time then I'm all for it.

Should you ever go back?…….I’m not so sure.

2 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Darren Young has a great CV for the job, I think they might go for an "easier" option like Aitken.

If that is to be the case and he can replicate the efforts from last time then I'm all for it.

Must admit, I know Aitken is maybe looked at as damaged goods by some people, but I think he could be a good appointment. Would have liked to have seen him been given the Stirling job on a couple of occasions but obviously it has never happened.

40 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

One downside to Aitken is that he hasn't managed since 2021 if Wikipedia is correct, and that spell wasn't great.

That doesn't give much confidence.

I would also assume that the budget is not what it was when he was manager the first time around.

He likes to play the ball on the ground.

41 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

One downside to Aitken is that he hasn't managed since 2021 if Wikipedia is correct, and that spell wasn't great.

I would also assume that the budget is not what it was when he was manager the first time around.

In a way the budget is irrelevant, at least in the short term, the team is in place and it’s up to the manager to get the best out of them.  Aitken might be the man for that, but I’m not so sure.

But any appointment is a gamble, so who knows.

10 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

IMO, Aitken lost his way after he and Faz split up. Aitken got Durrant in and he started chasing guys dropping out of full time (many of whom being older) rather than looking for the best part time players. Things got silly fairly quickly, he built two poor squads, one got us relegated and the other left us in the shit in League 1 when he was punted. Tbh, the season before we were relegated He could and maybe should've been bagged after a scottish cup exit to junior Bonnyrigg but he managed to turn it around for 4 months and keep us safe. He went to EK who were expected to do things and he made a complete arse of that, again signing a lot of old pros. Perhaps some time out has let him reassess his outlook but it seemed to me he lost a lot of perspective of what made him successful at Stranraer in the first place.

Should also mention that Darren Young has been spotted at Arbroath games and may well be in for that job, as unlikely as it may seem he will get it, there aren't many names flying around at the moment.

Edited by The Moonster

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Should also mention that Darren Young has been spotted at Arbroath games and may well be in for that job, as unlikely as it may seem he will get it, there aren't many names flying around at the moment.

Someone actually PM'd me last night to say he was in the running for the Arbroath job. Although he now has a relegation on his CV, and it was in his last job. I still think he would be a good appointment for any League 1 or 2 side, and I'm sure he will be of interest to Arbroath.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Someone actually PM'd me last night to say he was in the running for the Arbroath job. Although he now has a relegation on his CV, and it was in his last job. I still think he would be a good appointment for any League 1 or 2 side, and I'm sure he will be of interest to Arbroath.

2 Relegations. He was binned by us before we went down but it was his inaction the summer before that doomed us.

I think he would be more suited to Arbroath where he is working with a better squad and budget. He was found out at East Fife when the budget was reduced.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

IMO, Aitken lost his way after he and Faz split up. Aitken got Durrant in and he started chasing guys dropping out of full time (many of whom being older) rather than looking for the best part time players. Things got silly fairly quickly, he built two poor squads, one got us relegated and the other left us in the shit in League 1 when he was punted. Tbh, the season before we were relegated He could and maybe should've been bagged after a scottish cup exit to junior Bonnyrigg but he managed to turn it around for 4 months and keep us safe. He went to EK who were expected to do things and he made a complete arse of that, again signing a lot of old pros. Perhaps some time out has let him reassess his outlook but it seemed to me he lost a lot of perspective of what made him successful at Stranraer in the first place.

Oh what a night early December in 2016, when the mighty then Junior Football Club of Bonnyrigg 🌹 knocked Championship Dumbarton out of the Scottish Cup. One of the greatest nights in the clubs Junior Football history.  I remember it well.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

25 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Oh what a night early December in 2016, when the mighty then Junior Football Club of Bonnyrigg 🌹 knocked Championship Dumbarton out of the Scottish Cup. One of the greatest nights in the clubs Junior Football history.  I remember it well.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Ok M8.

Scott Agnew has left with real class and decorum. I just read the statement on the website there what a real class act.

Always came across well I hope he gets back in at some point and can go again.