Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

2 hours ago, btb said:

I remember the build up to our play-off game with Utd. 5 years ago - anticipate a tense time until it's settled either way. 

From a Saints POV I'd prefer to see County win as I reckon they're locked in a cycle around the plughole and that if successful Raith have more potential to kink-on next season.

Anyway game of the weekend as far as I'm concerned!

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

10 hours ago, RaithRovers1883 said:

Does anyone know (probably not) whether the coaches organised by Rovers will stop off somewhere during the journey?

House of Bruar for a lobster supper breakfast. Don’t forget to sign off on that personal loan before you enter. 

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

House of Bruar for a lobster supper breakfast. Don’t forget to sign off on that personal loan before you enter. 

It's actually not that expensive nowadays. It possibly could be if you were doing weekly shop plus buying your clothes there but the takeaway, restaurant and butchers department aren't any dearer than most places.

Will County shite the bed today? At home, even when they've not had much of the ball they still fucking score. Home win.

It has been noted County produced a 'surprisingly professional' performance in the first leg. With respect to Raith, I think if* County go out confident today, keep the nerves under control and replicate that professionalism, they should** be fine.

* Yes, if

** That's right, should

Here's hoping.

Home win. Dingwall is a hard place to go, even Rangers, Hearts & Hibs have all found that out this season. County hadn’t won away from home for months and were able to against Raith. I think they’ll score early and put this one to bed. That being said, if Raith do find an early goal then they’ve a great chance to win it, they’ll have the momentum. Should be a good game. 

Not sure what outcome I want here.  On the one hand I like to see clubs in the unfashionable geographical extremities achieving success, but my distaste for over-extravagantly externally funded and ultimately unsustainable clubs means I struggle to embrace the whole County/McGregor project concept.  On the other hand I've always had a fondness for Rovers and thought they were a club not too disimilar to my lot, but then again its clear that they wouldn't be where they currently are without the financial input of the Fife conservatory guys.  So it's a quandary for me, but on balance I guess I'd prefer to see the Rovers succeed.  However, objectively, I'd imagine that it will be County that will probably prevail.

Raith need to play to their strengths and take the game to County.

A big ask for Rovers to win but that Stanton goal keeps the tie alive.

I can see it going to extra-time and possibly penalties.

Then it is down to whoever holds their nerve.

14 hours ago, RaithRovers1883 said:

Does anyone know (probably not) whether the coaches organised by Rovers will stop off somewhere during the journey?

Maybe stopping off in Inverness, I hear there's a healthy number of ict fans who have purchased tickets in the RR end, in the hope that RC gets relegated. 😆

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Maybe stopping off in Inverness, I hear there's a healthy number of ict fans who have purchased tickets in the RR end, in the hope that RC gets relegated. 😆

Just for the record I am one of those who would rather watch Caley get horsed than County winning, I would love it if we beat them (kev style) followed by a SSC moment from Roy or Don " Gardiner and Caley bye bye" this would be almost as good as the banter years.😂😂

Edited by Super Staggie