Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

The top flight is pretty much a closed shop for the smaller full time teams and has been for 30 years or more. The lack of jeapordy with only 1 automatic relegation place is a disgrace, and clubs like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone have been riding the gravy train for free for decades. 

I dont see Ayr, Morton, Hamilton, QoS, Airdrie, Livingston, Raith getting promoted ever again tbh. Unless you have a miracle like Livingston 5 or 6 years ago, or a Roy McGregor type sugar daddy it's impossible to compete financially. 

Their fault not ours.

48 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If you like the play-offs the way they are then fair enough but citing the gap as a defence of it - while ignoring the reasons why there is such a big gap - is a bit embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

This is almost word for word what Old Firm fans tell everyone else.

Football is full of self-serving arseholes from top to bottom.

You’re sounding a bit whiny and pathetic here.

Theres not a league anywhere where clubs in the top league don’t make more money. That’s also been the case in Scottish football for the past 50 years as well. I’d be surprised if the money floating around premier clubs in the 90’s and early 2000’s  wasn’t far greater in real terms than it is now, with the difference to the level below being bigger back then.

Hamilton, Partick Thistle, Livingston, St Johnstone, Caley Thistle and Ross County have all got themselves promoted and established themselves for a good few seasons at the top level in the past decade or two. 

Rovers were top of the league but blew it late on, exactly as Queens Park did last season. Thistle were home and hosed in the play off last season but let a three goal lead slip.

Next season will be wide open for a number of clubs to contend for the championship title next season.

As a team that fucking pumped the Premiership side in a play-off fixture after only securing 2nd in the Championship on the last day of that season AND having James McPake as manager at the time, I can confidently say, the play-off process is more than fair and you're just mewling about your own team being shite to navigate them.

13 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Theres not a league anywhere where clubs in the top league don’t make more money. That’s also been the case in Scottish football for the past 50 years as well. I’d be surprised if the money floating around premier clubs in the 90’s and early 2000’s  wasn’t far greater in real terms than it is now, with the difference to the level below being bigger back then.

Hamilton, Partick Thistle, Livingston, St Johnstone, Caley Thistle and Ross County have all got themselves promoted and established themselves for a good few seasons at the top level in the past decade or two. 

Rovers were top of the league but blew it late on, exactly as Queens Park did last season. Thistle were home and hosed in the play off last season but let a three goal lead slip.

Next season will be wide open for a number of clubs to contend for the championship title next season.

Please point out where I said this wasn’t the case.

If you could read it properly you might get my point wasn’t purely about the top flight clubs making more money full stop. Of course they do, but even with the merger to the SPFL the difference is much bigger between the first and second tiers. Hence the routine pumpings that get handed out in the play-offs. I just don’t think it’s a very good defence of only 1 team getting relegated almost every season.

My own team would be in much more jeopardy of being relegated to league 1 if 2 teams were automatically relegated across the leagues. I don’t see what’s whiny and pathetic about me advocating it. More movement helps with redistribution and also keeps things fresh in a league where you play each other a million times a season.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As a team that fucking pumped the Premiership side in a play-off fixture after only securing 2nd in the Championship on the last day of that season AND having James McPake as manager at the time, I can confidently say, the play-off process is more than fair and you're just mewling about your own team being shite to navigate them.

To be fair we had Ross Millen at right back so it’s no surprise we got pumped.

Wonder where he is now.

Not long home , great away day apart from the result. Also time to leave the Premier forum with our magnificent plastic pitch unaffected, may see you all again this time next season. 

58 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Theres not a system in the world would give a structural advantage to that!

I think you would have to compare it to the L1 & L2 systems   Same 2nd 3rd 4th plus second bottom from league above, but different format, how many times does the 9th placed side win those compared to the premier?

Professional execution from County who showed their superiority throughout. 
Well done to the Raith Rovers fans who were superb in both numbers and voice. A fitting end the Scottish season !

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

The top flight is pretty much a closed shop for the smaller full time teams and has been for 30 years or more. The lack of jeapordy with only 1 automatic relegation place is a disgrace, and clubs like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone have been riding the gravy train for free for decades. 

What a load of pish. 

St Mirren have been relegated and promoted a few times over the last 30 years.

In fact we spent a large amount of time in the old 1st Division slumming it alongside other teams who had far greater resources as we dealt with our financial situation without the taking the route of administration.

Relegated from old Premier division in 91/92.
Season 99/00 we were favourites to get relegated but won the league under Tom Hendrie. 

Relegated from Premier in 00/01
Promoted in 05/06. 
Relegated in 14/15.

Near relegation to seaside leagues in 16/17.

Championship winners in 17/18.

Premiership play off 18/19 and kept Dundee United down in Championship.

Relegated Hearts in a single game shootout on the Covid season of 19/20.

Top 6 premiership 22/23

Top 5 premiership 23/24 and onto Europe! 

Next season? Who knows! But your argument is based on jealousy rather than facts.

Forever in our shadow!

I'm pleased for County, well done.

The 3rd most popular club in Inverness showing the 4th most popular club in Inverness how to spin kick Fife mediocre dross back into their box where they belong  instead of getting into bed with one of them.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Molotov said:

What a load of pish. 

St Mirren have been relegated and promoted a few times over the last 30 years.

In fact we spent a large amount of time in the old 1st Division slumming it alongside other teams who had far greater resources as we dealt with our financial situation without the taking the route of administration.

Many of these other teams were living outwith their budget and would eventually default on their debts.

Relegated from Premier in 00/01

The only top flight side to make a profit that season - IIRC some of the others losing over £1M!

Top 5 premiership 23/24 and onto Europe! 

Next season? Who knows! But your argument is based on jealousy rather than facts.

Forever in our shadow!

You said it man!

Incidentally it is over 100 years since Morton finished as high as fifth in the top flight!

Edited by btb

The fact that it's all Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone fans arguing that the top flight isn't a closed shop etc tells it's own story. At least have the humility to admit you have been, along with Motherwell, by far the biggest beneficiaries of the 1 relegation spot years. 

6 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

The fact that it's all Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone fans arguing that the top flight isn't a closed shop etc tells it's own story. At least have the humility to admit you have been, along with Motherwell, by far the biggest beneficiaries of the 1 relegation spot years. 

If I was you I'd be more worried about your ex-Saints central defence combo for next season! 🫢