Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Unfortunately the official word is no PPV, probably at the behest of Sky and the SPFL. International subscribers to RaithTV will get a stream, and Domestic can get audio…either would have to subscribe for at least a month. Given the SPFL Regs, nearly 50% of any revenue from PPV would have gone to the League, so not allowing it to be offered is pretty c**tish, especially given the schedule.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't understand what's "c**tish" about it.

Sky have the exclusive UK rights to the two legs. The home club in each leg offering PPV would undermine those rights.

There's been a hellish amount of rainfall in and around Kirkcaldy over the last 24 hours.

It's lucky our board had the foresight to install an astro pitch, otherwise Sky would likely have been left with a blank schedule tonight and would have wanted to kick the SPFL's sorry arses for the inconvenience.

On 22/05/2024 at 15:14, AllanJM said:

Yep.  We had computer rooms open 24 hours a day.  Did an all-nighter in there to finish my dissertation after doing the typical thing of leaving it to the last minute.

Edward Wright Building? I went in 97 too. 

Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully along the same lines as a few of the other (crazy and very enjoyable) Raith matches that have been televised this season. And having again been through the emotions of the play-offs recently, good luck to all fans attending! 

19 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

40 year old man and absolutely pishing my breeks with excitement and nerves.

Might be your prostate, i would get that checked mate

Posted (edited)

Left Erskine at 17:10. By 6pm I wasn't on the North side of glasgow so I'm home on sofa and BBC updates.

Edited by RH33

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't understand what's "c**tish" about it.

Sky have the exclusive UK rights to the two legs. The home club in each leg offering PPV would undermine those rights.

Allowing fans to buy a stream isn’t undermining jack s**t. The Sky broadcast is for football watchers, the local team streams are for fans, and have knowledgeable commentators who know the players. That’s my $0.02.