Stirling Albion 2024/25

6 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Banner to stenny. 

Leitch might join him then.

Banner seems a steady and versatile type and should be a decent acquisition for us.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Banner seems a steady and versatile type and should be a decent acquisition for us.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I thought L1 was a step too far for Banner and I'm surprised a L1 team has moved for him. 

Edited by unitedbino

Certainly not raining on anyone's parade. We needed a back up, versatile defender to replace Edin Lynch and that's now been addressed early in the window.

Seems a good egg, low maintenance character that will fit in well with us.

Just now, Neilly said:

Certainly not raining on anyone's parade. We needed a back up, versatile defender to replace Edin Lynch and that's now been addressed early in the window.

He is a bombscare in defence. Defensive midfield and will do a job. He’s an ok League 1 player. Wish him all the best. 

Thanks for your service Kyle. A lovely fella, a battler in midfield and a big threat to the opposition at corners.  Some of us will miss you and the chancers in charge should have told us.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

of all the player departures i've heard about so far, it's probably this one that upsets me the most.  i've always liked him since he came through. 

his equaliser against Hamilton in front of us on the terracing was my favourite moment of last season (not that there were hundreds to pick from)

15 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

of all the player departures i've heard about so far, it's probably this one that upsets me the most.  i've always liked him since he came through. 

his equaliser against Hamilton in front of us on the terracing was my favourite moment of last season (not that there were hundreds to pick from)

It's knowing he had gone to Stenny 3 days ago and those who promised better communication not saying a word about it that upsets me. I kept quiet to give them the chance but really should have known better.  Probably didn't fit in with the developing our youth spiel we did get.

7 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

It's knowing he had gone to Stenny 3 days ago and those who promised better communication not saying a word about it that upsets me. I kept quiet to give them the chance but really should have known better.  Probably didn't fit in with the developing our youth spiel we did get.

disappointment in the club's level of communication is so longstanding it barely makes a difference to me anymore, it's just what i expect.

this is on a more personal level.  i always feel more connection to the rare ones that come through as youngsters. 

great offer for him anyway, getting another season in league one so good for Kyle. that's actually the best consolation. 

1 minute ago, WattersIsGod said:

great offer for him anyway, getting another season in league one so good for Kyle. that's actually the best consolation. 

Ditto.

Beggars can’t be choosers. 

Re short-list, how many will phone in sick on the day. Fingers crossed for another DY.

Beggars can’t be choosers

Can we be picky about remaining squad players?  In Aug ‘23, against EK, we fielded an under 20’s team. Can’t remember that going well.

Trust membership renewed. Eagerly awaiting 24/25 ticket pricing.

Still hard to take finding us in League 2 general chatter 

Anyway it is what it is 

Finally we have a new manager, this is going to be a tough season for us, so far behind the pace 

Clowns operating the club behind the scenes