Broxburn Athletic FC

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

you'll be itching to go to Almondvale then .....? 

That July 3rd fixture looks dodgy 

I may skip that one....

3rd will give us a great chance to discuss the great political spectrum before making an informed choice the next day...

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

I may skip that one....

3rd will give us a great chance to discuss the great political spectrum before making an informed choice the next day...

binface.jpg.c931658ffb2ff9d45eeaba6a6ceffcb4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First preseason match at Albyn Park today and a relatively competitive 1-1 draw with Stirling Albion.

A lot of trialists on show and not sure who has signed, but just not announced yet and who is an actual trialist. But a few looked pretty decent. 

Hopefully get clarity soon of who has moved on, who has stayed and who is newly signed. 

Stirling were winning 1-0 from a well hit free kick after a soft foul. Broxburn had quite a flurry at the end and Jack Sayers got the final touch with literally last kick if the game to equalise. 

Football is definitely back!

Nice set up you have @Jordi1977 and I’ll be back over the course of the season. Thought your 20 looked lively when he came on.

Just on a side note, you don’t happen to know where I can buy a Broxburn pin badge do you?? I looked on the desk when we first got in, but they didn’t have any.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Nice set up you have @Jordi1977 and I’ll be back over the course of the season. Thought your 20 looked lively when he came on.

Just on a side note, you don’t happen to know where I can buy a Broxburn pin badge do you?? I looked on the desk when we first got in, but they didn’t have any.

Think everyone enjoys being up on the grass embankment when the weather is nice. Great vantage point up there to look down on the action. Throw in a basic, but noisy (when full) cow shed and a decent, spacious bar... there is definitely worse venues!

Now I kinda lost track of the subs as they came on... but I think the Number 20 was Godwin Kangi-Soupke who I believe was one of your lads and spent last season on loan at Bo'ness Athletic - where he tore our defence apart in a cup tie! At least I think he was Number 20... and I defo heard "Godwin" shouted a couple of times his way, so pretty confident it's him.

For pin badges... the desk next to entrance is the place for them. I just had a look online and none listed there. Due to a bit of success last season, the glory hunters appeared and I know merch guy was happy... as they bought lots! So think badges must have sold out. Imagine it's kinda thing that will come back, possibly in time for the season starting. But I should be there on Wednesday, so I'll try to get some confirmation. 

4 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Stirling were winning 1-0 from a well hit free kick after a soft foul.

Wasn't that from Page? That was a clear foul. 

13 minutes ago, albynpark said:

Wasn't that from Page? That was a clear foul. 

Indeed it was. And Indeed it was. When I say soft, not for the decision, but the way it was given away - just gifting them a chance at goal.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I've got a spare 75th anniversary Broxburn badge you can have for a reasonable price 

drevil2.jpg.a79fb4017cf90145779bf3d0081f9610.jpg

if you're going to the Ed City v Binos league opener I could sell it to you then....

14 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Indeed it was. And Indeed it was. When I say soft, not for the decision, but the way it was given away - just gifting them a chance at goal.

Ah, I see lol. He has been guilty of being soft. Hopefully he cuts this out

2 minutes ago, albynpark said:

Ah, I see lol. He has been guilty of being soft. Hopefully he cuts this out

Yeah. Hopefully this one is just a preseason rustiness and being a bit tired. Best to get it out his system before the season actually starts! Hopefully!

Was there tonight and left at half time due to neds and weather, shortly before the abandonment it seems. 

Young guys (12,13?) in balaclavas and masks. All for "ultras" supporting the wee teams but that was the wrong side of the line. Feel a bit for the City fans who have had to put up with a lot of shite recently and this just adds to it

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Was there tonight and left at half time due to neds and weather, shortly before the abandonment it seems. 

Young guys (12,13?) in balaclavas and masks. All for "ultras" supporting the wee teams but that was the wrong side of the line. Feel a bit for the City fans who have had to put up with a lot of shite recently and this just adds to it

Bin this ultras shite across all football. No balaclavas or face covering allowed or you get booted out.

The Edinburgh City ultras are mostly kids my daughter’s age (13), she knows a few of them from school, bunch of them are primarily Hibs/Hearts fans. 
Clubs like Edinburgh City need to nip this in the bud, they have few enough fans as it is without alienating any true fans.

Edited by Cowdenleith

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Bin this ultras shite across all football. No balaclavas or face covering allowed or you get booted out.

The Edinburgh City ultras are mistly kids my daughter’s age (13), she knows a few of them from school, bunch of them are primarily Hibs/Hearts fans. 
Clubs like Edinburgh City need to nip this in the bud, they have few enough fans as it is without alienating any true fans.

Linlithgow stopped a group of about 25 getting into Boness game as they all had balaclavas on.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Linlithgow stopped a group of about 25 getting into Boness game as they all had balaclavas on.

Good on them, I remember that now you have mentioned it.

1 minute ago, The Hologram said:

Says on Broxburn Facebook page that knives were displayed, bottles & bricks thrown and a woman hit by a brick.

Edinburgh followers getting blamed 

Bloody ridiculous, little scrotes. 🤨

Either restrict them to a small area in a corner of the ground away from or ban them.

Their drums were noisy enough without them reverberating in the enclosure. Smoke flares and fireworks should always be a no-no. Few of them have any interest in the football. They are just content to make a noise and being a nuisance while videoing themselves doing so.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Either restrict them to a small area in a corner of the ground away from or ban them.

Their drums were noisy enough without them reverberating in the enclosure. Smoke flares and fireworks should always be a no-no. Few of them have any interest in the football. They are just content to make a noise and being a nuisance while videoing themselves doing so.

Was Blair McInally there egging them on 🤔

Edited by Cowdenleith

Well what was another fairly competitive friendly match didn't make it to the 2nd have thanks to rent-a-ned!

My City supporting mate said the same group had been letting off flares at the Hibs match on Saturday too and been a bit of a nuisance. 

At tonight's game they seemed quite boisterous, but other than the pre-kick off light show, didn't seem to be overstepping the mark. Then it all just seemed to kick off! No idea if something triggered it, or premeditated.

20240703_192930.jpg