Scottish League Cup (Premier Sports Cup) 2024/25

Evening! Doing my annual pilgrimage to Scotland again this summer. 🙂

Just the 1 (youngest) child in tow, and staying in the Kingdom of Fife instead of Forfar this time.

A few questions, if anyone can help:

When will fixtures be out, do you think? I love to get planning early, especially as hoping to take the boy on a couple of city visits!

How many TV games are there going to be, and what chance of any of them being on a Friday and / or Sunday? (Asking because we're staying 8 nights, Saturday 20th to Sunday 28th.)

Finally, any idea when the various European sides will find out their opponents/fixture dates? No idea if they fall into the midweek (above) at all - seems much more complicated than it used to be, or maybe that's just me and my age! 🤣

Anyway, thanks very much in advance!

19 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Evening! Doing my annual pilgrimage to Scotland again this summer. 🙂

Just the 1 (youngest) child in tow, and staying in the Kingdom of Fife instead of Forfar this time.

A few questions, if anyone can help:

When will fixtures be out, do you think? I love to get planning early, especially as hoping to take the boy on a couple of city visits!

How many TV games are there going to be, and what chance of any of them being on a Friday and / or Sunday? (Asking because we're staying 8 nights, Saturday 20th to Sunday 28th.)

Finally, any idea when the various European sides will find out their opponents/fixture dates? No idea if they fall into the midweek (above) at all - seems much more complicated than it used to be, or maybe that's just me and my age! 🤣

Anyway, thanks very much in advance!

The fixtures should be out this weekend or early next week.

Games tend to be a Saturday or Sunday but there has been the odd Friday before.

Both Kilmarnock in the Europa league 2 qualifying round and St Mirren in the Conference league qualifying second round could be at home on the 25th of July.  The draw for the first and second rounds is on the 18th and 19th June so not too long to wait to see if either are at home that Thursday night.

Televised games:

Queen of the South v Aberdeen (Saturday July 13, ko 5.15pm)
Hibernian v Queen’s Park (Tuesday July 16, ko 7.45pm),
Dundee United v Ayr United (Saturday July 20, ko 5.15pm),
Aberdeen v Airdrieonians (Tuesday July 23, ko 7.45pm)
Motherwell v Partick Thistle (Sunday July 28, ko 3.00pm).

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Televised games:

Queen of the South v Aberdeen (Saturday July 13, ko 5.15pm)
Hibernian v Queen’s Park (Tuesday July 16, ko 7.45pm),
Dundee United v Ayr United (Saturday July 20, ko 5.15pm),
Aberdeen v Airdrieonians (Tuesday July 23, ko 7.45pm)
Motherwell v Partick Thistle (Sunday July 28, ko 3.00pm).

Is that the full list? Having done Motherwell already, that's a bit disappointing, as was hoping for a new one on the drive back to Sheffield! 

Thanks for the information, though. The dislike was just because none of those would be new for me / us!

5 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The fixtures should be out this weekend or early next week.

Games tend to be a Saturday or Sunday but there has been the odd Friday before.

Both Kilmarnock in the Europa league 2 qualifying round and St Mirren in the Conference league qualifying second round could be at home on the 25th of July.  The draw for the first and second rounds is on the 18th and 19th June so not too long to wait to see if either are at home that Thursday night.

Many thanks for all the information: I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Fingers crossed one of those two are drawn at home that week...bit of a trek, but still would be good fun!

We went to a Friday one several seasons ago: Elgin City vs Hibernian - hoped they'd do similar again.

2 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Just wondering, will virtually ALL of the midweek games stay on the Tuesdays, or do people think some may move to Wednesdays? Fixtures haven't fallen as kindly as I had hoped, tbh.

I don’t see any reason why they’d change. Obviously don’t know what dates you’re working with, and it’s probably the worst stadium in the SPFL, but Edinburgh v Clyde is a Wednesday (17th July). 

50 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I don’t see any reason why they’d change. Obviously don’t know what dates you’re working with, and it’s probably the worst stadium in the SPFL, but Edinburgh v Clyde is a Wednesday (17th July). 

Thanks, did Edinburgh last season! I hope it's the worst! 🙂

It's looking like Kelty Hearts on 20, East Fife on 23 and Dunfermline on 27. Hoping for something to swap to Wednesday or Sunday as well, maybe a European one on Thursday... Possible some non-league stuff will come up too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2024 at 17:01, barnseytheclaret said:

Is there a reason that not many Scottish teams play on Wednesdays? Just curious. Hoping that there will be some non-league or friendlies to watch that day!

Historically many midweek games were played on Mondays...!

Until quite recently Wednesday was standard as it was middle day of the midweek.

However gradually more and more clubs have drifted to Tuesday, which is now predominant even in several parts of non-league e.g. LL & EOSL - seemingly as it's more equidistant between both Saturdays in terms of freshness/fatigue, plus often as it's their training night and saves players rearranging shifts/etc. (and for clubs who train on their own 3G will mean they've already got the ground).

I think only Arbroath and Edinburgh City in SPFL lower divisions use Wed instead of Tue nowadays and in City's case that will be since they have stadium Mon + Wed while Leith have it Tue + Thu, and pre-rebuild Tue + Thu was athletics.

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when East Fife and Kelty Hearts ticket information will go on sale?

Thinking of the Cove Rangers and Hibernian games respectively.

Their websites don't seem to be updated very often. IS there somewhere better for information?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

An extra 25 group games to be streamed by Premier…

Works out nicely for me as I won't make it up to Dingwall so can watch the stream (completely legally of course.....no firestick involved).

I assume these will be single-camera jobs, but I suppose it’s to be welcomed if it increases exposure - albeit by a relatively small amount.