SCOTLAND EUROS PREDICTION GAME

PREDICTION GAME UPDATE: Not one of the 56 entries had the correct score. Six posters including me guessed 4-0, one poster guessed 5-0. Close but no max 3pts awarded. There are now 35 posters on 1pt (for getting the overall outcome right)

Onwards we go.

5 minutes ago, nate said:

PREDICTION GAME UPDATE: Not one of the 56 entries had the correct score. Six posters including me guessed 4-0, one poster guessed 5-0. Close but no max 3pts awarded. There are now 35 posters on 1pt (for getting the overall outcome right)

Onwards we go.

5-0 and 4-0 should get 2 points.

14 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

5-0 and 4-0 should get 2 points.

I hear you, but it would set a dangerous precedent! Everyone with the wrong score, but with the correct margin of defeat/victory, would be clamouring for bogus points. The Official Rulebook of Daft Prediction Games won’t allow it. Still, your shout of 5-0 was a whisker away - or a German noggin away- from hitting the jackpot. And your 1-2 on Wed now looks pretty realistic I’m pained to say.

PREDICTION GAME UPDATE: An impressive 15 posters guessed 1-1 v Switzerland. Ten of them had also picked up a point for getting the outcome right v Germany. That means there are 10 folk leading the way with 4pts.

11 entrants of the original 56 are eliminated, failing to guess correctly either the score or outcome for the 2 matches so far. Shame on you!

onwards to Sunday.

PREDICTION GAME FINAL UPDATE

With an unequalled and mightily impressive 7pt haul - 0-3/1-1/0-1 - and proving it pays to be a pessimist when it comes to Scotland, the outright winner is…Vietnam91💥💥💥
S/he will be thrilled to learn the magnificent mystery prize is…cue drum roll and tartan streamers…the enduring envy and admiration of everyone on this forum, a forum already renowned for its mutual respect, tolerance and brotherly love (eh, is this right?)

Take a bow Vietnam91 ( and put any other hot score tips in the Gambling Forum for us all to cane the Bookies with)

2 hours ago, nate said:

PREDICTION GAME FINAL UPDATE

With an unequalled and mightily impressive 7pt haul - 0-3/1-1/0-1 - and proving it pays to be a pessimist when it comes to Scotland, the outright winner is…Vietnam91💥💥💥
S/he will be thrilled to learn the magnificent mystery prize is…cue drum roll and tartan streamers…the enduring envy and admiration of everyone on this forum, a forum already renowned for its mutual respect, tolerance and brotherly love (eh, is this right?)

Take a bow Vietnam91 ( and put any other hot score tips in the Gambling Forum for us all to cane the Bookies with)

Well played Vietnam91.

I'll admit to being a tragic enough figure to check back yesterday to see if anyone was closer than me with my 0-3, 1-1, 0-2 prediction.  It turned out someone was.

Pessimism generally serves people well in these things I find. 

Quite a few people, across various threads, said they could see this mirroring France 98 and the last Euros, with a defeat to start, a heartening draw to then keep us afloat, followed by an abject defeat.  That was a good shout too.

Congratulations Vietnam91 🇻🇳

I came joint second here. Correctly predicted every result, including 1 correct score. Also predicted Scotland to score 2 goals and concede 7 goals.  

Not bad for being one of the supporters who doesn't know a thing about the Scotland team.....

Ok, seems to be a minor clamour for more recognition among the nearly-but-not-quites.

JOINT SECOND(5pts)

DCBairn 0-4/1-1/0-2

Gordopolis 1-3/1-1/0-2

Monkey Tennis 0-3/1-1/0-2

Derryboy62 0-3/1-1/1-3

56 entrants. Average expected Scotland points was 3.31. Average expected GF was 2.86. Average expected GA was 4.14.

Optimist Of The Year award jointly shared by Sugar_Army & Lancashirearab, both predicting 3 wins without conceding. Somewhere in the multiverse…

2 hours ago, nate said:

Ok, seems to be a minor clamour for more recognition among the nearly-but-not-quites.

JOINT SECOND(5pts)

DCBairn 0-4/1-1/0-2

Gordopolis 1-3/1-1/0-2

Monkey Tennis 0-3/1-1/0-2

Derryboy62 0-3/1-1/1-3

56 entrants. Average expected Scotland points was 3.31. Average expected GF was 2.86. Average expected GA was 4.14.

Optimist Of The Year award jointly shared by Sugar_Army & Lancashirearab, both predicting 3 wins without conceding. Somewhere in the multiverse…

Fucking depressing that I nearly "won" this. 

Heart was showing me visions of McGinn volleying home wondergoals, but the head said nah. Does this make me a total da (or whatever the lingo is)?