Group C 🇸🇮🇩🇰🇷🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Speculation that Trent will be replaced by Gallagher on Tuesday.

Also heard that Bellingham has played more than 100 matches in 2 years. That be a lot of football!

It's also obvious that Kane's back injury is still bothering him.

Gareth Southgate doesn't have his troubles to seek.

Interesting that Harry Kane is politely raising the point that ex-players who have won nowt are not necessarily helping matters.  I have some sympathy for him, personally.  The older strikers having a go played in a front two, with very good partners.  I am not seeing anyone working with Kane in the way e.g. Son, would.

On a lighter note, I think my mate has been overcome with the hype since moving down south because even he thinks it will be a stroll past Slovenia.  I wish I shared his confidence.

15 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Interesting that Harry Kane is politely raising the point that ex-players who have won nowt are not necessarily helping matters.  I have some sympathy for him, personally.  The older strikers having a go played in a front two, with very good partners.  I am not seeing anyone working with Kane in the way e.g. Son, would.

On a lighter note, I think my mate has been overcome with the hype since moving down south because even he thinks it will be a stroll past Slovenia.  I wish I shared his confidence.

The English media have a lot to answer for with the hype they've pushed onto this England team.

"The best England team, maybe ever"

Makes you wonder if these media people have heard of Gascoigne, Hoddle, Waddle, Hoddle, Robson, Ferdinand, Carrick, Scholes, Beckham, Gerrard, Cole, Campbell, Seaman, Barnes, Owen, Rooney, Neville, Terry, Butcher, Shilton, Walker, etc.

It's the age old thing with the English media by building the team up only to knock them down.

Talking of the aforementioned Redcafe. One bright spark said that Gareth Southgate should leave the England gig even of he wins Euro 24.

That is a mentally dangerous degree of hatred. 😛

Edited by Chripper

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

The English media have a lot to answer for with the hype they've pushed onto this England team.

"The best England team, maybe ever"

Makes you wonder if these media people have heard of Gascoigne, Hoddle, Waddle, Hoddle, Robson, Ferdinand, Carrick, Scholes, Beckham, Gerrard, Cole, Campbell, Seaman, Barnes, Owen, Rooney, Neville, Terry, Butcher, Shilton, Walker, etc.

It's the age old thing with the English media by building the team up only to knock them down.

Talking of the aforementioned Redcafe. One bright spark said that Gareth Southgate should leave the England gig even of he wins Euro 24.

That is a mentally dangerous degree of hatred. 😛

Good points.  The English media over-rate themselves, massively.  I find it interesting that Media Studies is always pilloried .  I think it is now becoming more important then ever to see how they operate.  One of the things I am proudest of is the don't buy the paper I won't name campaign.

I have seen a lot of those players listed, out on the park.  I am not too keen on the goalies, but the rest are names you would like in your side.  The only manager I can recall who got England looking like they were enjoying themselves and dld pretty well was Terry Venables.  His reign ended because of non-football matters, which was unfortunate.  He was not the only manager, or progressive FA bigwig who got binned for off-field activities.  Like some kind of football self-sabotage.

It sounds like our friend on RedCafe is jumping on the current bandwagon and getting himself in a bit of a tizz.  Sometimes, you wonder if it is you who is out of step.  However, it is worth questioning flippant comments e.g. Wayne Rooney comes across to some as lacking intelligence.  However, he was explaining about pressing and I was able to have a chat with a lad at a local cricket game, where he said you can apply similar ideas to draw out batters.  Rooney has also given the concrete example of Totti, as to how we can use Kane and named the players he would use.

Some good football tonight would be welcome for me, but it is not necessary other than to shut the media up.

Edited by Red Kite

What game is everyone watching this evening? 

Denmark v Serbia will likely be the more interesting game, or do you plump for the England game just because it’s England.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Denmark v Serbia will likely be the more interesting game, or do you plump for the England game just because it’s England.

Will turn over to the England game just as it kicks off and then invariably turn it off should they go 1-0 up. 

7 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Good points.  The English media over-rate themselves, massively.  I find it interesting that Media Studies is always pilloried .  I think it is now becoming more important then ever to see how they operate.  One of the things I am proudest of is the don't buy the paper I won't name campaign.

I have seen a lot of those players listed, out on the park.  I am not too keen on the goalies, but the rest are names you would like in your side.  The only manager I can recall who got England looking like they were enjoying themselves and dld pretty well was Terry Venables.  His reign ended because of non-football matters, which was unfortunate.  He was not the only manager, or progressive FA bigwig who got binned for off-field activities.  Like some kind of football self-sabotage.

It sounds like our friend on RedCafe is jumping on the current bandwagon and getting himself in a bit of a tizz.  Sometimes, you wonder if it is you who is out of step.  However, it is worth questioning flippant comments e.g. Wayne Rooney comes across to some as lacking intelligence.  However, he was explaining about pressing and I was able to have a chat with a lad at a local cricket game, where he said you can apply similar ideas to draw out batters.  Rooney has also given the concrete example of Totti, as to how we can use Kane and named the players he would use.

Some good football tonight would be welcome for me, but it is not necessary other than to shut the media up.

Yeah. Terry Venables done a great job. Euros 96 is one of the earliest tournaments I remember. Beating a genuine world class Dutch team 4-1 was incredible. And of Gascoigne was an inch taller you wouldn't beat Germany to be in the final. You would've beat Czech Republic.

Hoddle did well, too. Once again, an England manager leaves because of non-football reasons thanks to our old chums at the media.

It was a bizarre thing to say. He wasn't even being sarcastic.

If Gareth Southgate wins Euro 24 he'll have a job for life and he'll be given a knighthood.

I almost want him to succeed so he it'll shove it down the throats of the haters.

I like Rooney. Brilliant player and a nice lad. He still fancies himself as a manager but his chances are running out. His next gig, if he makes a mess out of it, will probably be his last.

It'll be an interesting evening. England have to top the group, if they do it'll be Slovakia or Austria. If England fail to win the group it'll be Germany in the next round.

Edited by Chripper

2 hours ago, orfc said:

Southgate can play some fringe players now the 2nd round is booked and the permutations are still fairly unknown, so it'll either be a dour 0-0 draw as they play like they've never met each other before or a nerveless 5-0 slapping of some country with a name from a Tin-tin book

England have to top the group, if they do it'll be Slovania or Austria. If England fail to win the group it'll be Germany in the next round.

England will be going all out tonight.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Probably the England game on tv and the other game on my phone.

What a time to be alive! 😛

On 20/06/2024 at 22:18, Fuctifano said:

As shite as England have been, they're almost certainly still going to win the group and end up on the soft side of the draw (bottom half) yet-a-fucking-gain.

Spain definitely in top half and Germany will be as well unless they lose to Switzerland. You can probably book France making an arse of it vs Netherlands and ending up in the top half too. 

Yep (albeit it was against Poland and not Netherlands in the end). Portugal in the top half as well.

Edited by Fuctifano

With Austria winning their group it now looks like England will be in the favourable side of the bracket if they win their group. If England win the group then their route to the final could be Czechia Italy Netherlands, rather than Germany Spain France if they finish 2nd. 

The French are just not to be trusted. 

I get there's a danger of peaking too soon, but they have not looked great at all this tournament.  

Edited by Michael W