Group D πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±πŸ‡³πŸ‡±πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡¨πŸ‡΅

1 minute ago, Acastus said:

Even tho I'm a 90s kid I don't really remember watching or noticing deschamps that much. Was he overrated as a player or underrated? Probably overshadowed by Zidane etc.Β 

My mate saw Zidane play in The 2002 Champions League FinalΒ  in Glasgow.Β  He said it was like he was operating in his own time-zone and he rates him as the best player he has seen,Β  despite seeing loads of top.players at Anfield.Β  Watch his Soccer-Aid performance to see him do everything in slow-,mo.Β  He would over-shadow most players.Β  The idea that Deschamps did nowt comes from Cantona calling him a water carrier.Β  It is worth taking a quick look at the sides he played in, the teams he captained and a bit of youtube to see he had something.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Mbappe is quick......pish shot tho

It’s frightening how fast he is.Β 
Β 

That Austrian keeper looked about 12 in front of him. Β 

16 minutes ago, Acastus said:

Yeah I've heard the Cantona "water carrier" quote. Eric had some great quotes like the seagulls one too 🀣 

Yeah hardworking , keeping things simple and steady. I guess all great teams have players like that. It never really works with a full 11 of "galacticos" I don't think.Β 

Cantona is intriguing.Β  Roy Keane has a few anecdotes about him, in his first book.Β  He is also mesmerising in a TV show called Inhuman Remains, which I watched on Netfkix with French subtitles.Β  I admire him for his general air of defiance and detest him for being a catalyst for United's success.Β  I don't think Deschamp agrees with him, when he counts his medals.

Where have Austria beasted this performance from? Everything I watch them they’re fucking cowshit.