Group D 🇵🇱🇳🇱🇦🇹🇨🇵

Thoroughly enjoyed that match last night. I always enjoy watching France. Some of their short, quick passing is incredible to watch, but frustrating at times when it doesn't quite come off. A team full of footballers, and they have Mbappé. Liked the look of Austria as well, and they look to have the capability to go far in this tournament. Allez les Bleus (after Scotland go out anyway).

7 hours ago, Acastus said:

Oh I appreciate that mate. And from what I remember from the friendly (without using google) it was 1-0 to France in that friendly at Hampden but they had plenty of world class players most leftover from "France 98".

So it was still great to watch, and we had two seats together on the last row right at the back of one of the stand behind the goals. I dont even know if that's still a thing but me and my bro couldn't believe our luck we had 2 wee seats alone because of the big pillar to the side of us and the stairs at the other, it was like we had sneaked in to watch the world champions and we got the best view in the house without even trying to get those seats. 

An excellent experience and you've captured why, amidst the mediocre stuff we all have to suffer, there are the occasions that make it all worthwhile.

11 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Every game has made me feel worse about Scotland’s performance.  

Ukraine must have had a stinker - I didn’t watch.

55 minutes ago, throbber said:

Ukraine must have had a stinker - I didn’t watch.

Pretty much bossed the opening 20 mins, Romania looked a bit spooked by the occasion, then their keeper had a bit of a moment, the stunning finish, and from then on they never looked likely to get anything.

A bit like the Serbia performance v's England. Clearly have a couple of talented players in the side, but despite having a fair bit of the ball they struggled to create anything of note, and as soon as they went behind the result had an air of inevitability about it.

Still wasn't as complete a capitulation as our shambles. Romania did have to do some actual defending at points, and they never completely dominated the ball the way the Germans did.

Edited by Boo Khaki

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I may have misheard, but was Joleon Lescott suggesting that England should play Phil Foden as a defensive midfielder? 

Couldn't be any worse than Trent tbf.

Just now, The Naitch said:

Brilliant header!

There's something wrong with my stream - I read that quote, then Austria scored! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Full backs are banging them in this tournament.

Either that or they're setting them up...