Group D 🇵🇱🇳🇱🇦🇹🇨🇵

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

If Poland get something here - this categorically means Scotland are Team 24 at this tournament. 

I mean, clearly Scotland are better than Georgia.  I think….

1 minute ago, wipetheflair said:

Indeed - they look fearless and are enjoying themselves.

I don’t agree with teams playing like that.  They should be cautious and full of fear.  

Oh for Scotland to just play, for once, with a bit of abandon.   Spain reserves seems like a decade ago.  

Edited by Savage Henry

I had to check when Austria last did anything at a tournament.

Have to go back to the ‘50s. Apart from that it’s a Scotland-esque history of failure.

5 minutes ago, Venti said:

Actually jealous of Austria.

Like the Scotland I wish we had.

I think that’s spot on.   There’s nobody particularly brilliant in that team.  But they know how to open up when they need to. 

Amazing what can happen when a manager is positive and plays a style that suits his players and gives players opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That’s what you dream of Scotland doing at a tournament. Going and beating a name 3-2.

I mean we've beaten the Netherlands 3-2 in out final group game before as well. Austria hadn't lost to Peru and drawn with Iran before hand though. (Difficult to do in the Euros I grant you)

I enjoyed that, and I'm sure my enjoyment of the football will pick up again in the KOs, but to echo the Scotland sentiments, our efforts have me feeling cold to the whole thing. Just mental to be watching Diddy teams who we have beat recently turning in performances like this and we're launched with fingers to spare for counting shot at goal 😂