Group F 🇹🇷🇬🇪🇵🇹🇨🇿

Posted (edited)

Group F fixtures along with UK kick off times and channels:

Tuesday 18th June - 5.00pm - Turkey vs Georgia - BBC1
Tuesday 18th June - 8.00pm - Portugal vs Czechia - BBC1
Saturday 22nd June - 2.00pm - Georgia vs Czechia - BBC1
Saturday 22nd June - 5.00pm - Turkey vs Portugal - ITV
Wednesday 26th June - 8.00pm - Czechia vs Turkey - ITV (TBC)
Wednesday 26th June - 8.00pm - Georgia vs Portugal - ITV (TBC)

Georgia making their major tournament debut here but face a tough challenge. Turkey after a poor performance at the last Euros qualified well. Czechia didn't qualify too well, but they are still a decent side. Portugal looked good at the World Cup and smashed qualification, they'd fancy doing well. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

• Bully Wee Villa changed the title to Group F 🇹🇷🇬🇪🇵🇹🇨🇿

I've got tickets for Turkey v Georgia in Dortmund.

Quite looking forward to going, always wanted to visit the Stadium.

Not quite sure what to expect from a footballing perspective though.

13 hours ago, ScottMc77 said:

Yeah same here, mostly in it for the stadium but should be a good atmosphere with mostly Turkish there I guess. I'm up in block 56 but no idea if any way to know in advance which fans I'll be in with

5 hours ago, GordyFordy said:

Yeah same here, mostly in it for the stadium but should be a good atmosphere with mostly Turkish there I guess. I'm up in block 56 but no idea if any way to know in advance which fans I'll be in with

I'm block 89, right in the corner at the top. 

On 04/06/2024 at 16:52, ScottMc77 said:

Yip same with our group, want to go to a game in what is an iconic stadium so this is the one.

+1 here and for the same reasons. Wonder if after Turks, Georgians and Germans we'll have the next highest amount of fans at this game!

I'm block 83, yellow wall, which is believe is the Turkish end.

I’m going to that one too, block 14 in the yellow wall. Fans first tickets so were only €30 each.

Would’ve been interesting if it turned out to be Turkey vs Greece. Hopefully it stays dry for the Georgians.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’m going to that one too, block 14 in the yellow wall. Fans first tickets so were only €30 each.

Would’ve been interesting if it turned out to be Turkey vs Greece. Hopefully it stays dry for the Georgians.

The Yellow Wall unfortunately won't be as we know it with the safe standing not being used, all seated configuration which reduces the capacity too but still be good to see.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

The Yellow Wall unfortunately won't be as we know it with the safe standing not being used, all seated configuration which reduces the capacity too but still be good to see.

Yeah, it’s disappointing they didn’t leave the standing sections in place for any of the stadiums.

Not entirely convinced at the Czech team this tournament, especially after a less than convincing friendly result against North Macedonia (with two penalties). Decent attack options but Hašek does not seem to know his preferred formation and a lot of the defence and midfield may be chopped and change as the games go on. Possibly they go attack-oriented with some sort of Schick-Chytil-Provod combo, with Hložek likely coming off the bench - they could put Ondra Lingr in behind them which would be a laugh and would pretty much be trying to win by brute force. Anyone who likes a flutter on the cards market should take a look at Ladislav Krejčí who is prone to a heads gone.

Not so much buzz on the ground here at the moment - a lot of national pride and energy has gone into the Czechs winning the ice hockey world championship (A Big Deal here) and this tournament is coming across as a bit of an afterthought, particularly as not too many are rating the team at the moment. This is arguably quite a tough group for the Czechs and I reckon a lot will rest on which Turkish team shows up to this tournament in determining the order of the table behind Portugal. 

Cheering for Georgia in this one.  I have no real affinity for either team but I once had a coworker from Georgia and she was lovely* to work with

*and incredibly hot