5th - Airdrie 

6th - Falkirk 

7th - Queens Park

8th - Hamilton 

9th - Morton 

10th - Dunfermline 

1. Accies

2. Partick Thistle 

3. Livingston (win the play-off final against Dundee thanks to a Lewis Smith winner)

4. Ayr United (Scott McMann will be Championship PotY)

5. Raith Rovers

6. Queen's Park 

7. Dunfermline Athletic

8. Greenock Morton

9. Airdrieonians (relegated by Queen of the South in the play-offs - Reegan Mimnaugh will score the winner)

10. Falkirk (record-low points total)

What a season we've got in store!

On 17/07/2024 at 21:44, itzdrk said:

Vibe check

1. Partick Thistle

2. Raith Rovers

3. Livingston

4. Ayr United

5. Airdrieonians

6. Falkirk

7. Hamilton Academical

8. Greenock Morton

9. Queens Park

10.  Dunfermline 

Final update.  

1. Partick Thistle

Think they have the best bunch of players and if they can avoid injuries and suspensions should really be winning the title. 

----------------------------

2. Raith Rovers

Best of the rest really.  

3. Livingston

Underrated - unspectacular .  

4. Airdrieonians

Decent team, should do well & be a fun side to watch.  

5. Falkirk

Overrated.  

6. Ayr United

Overrated.  Dodgy defence and goalkeeper will keep Ayr away from the top and will score more than enough goals to stay away from the bottom.  

7. Hamilton Academical. 

Underrated by many IMO. 

8. Greenock Morton

Rubbish. 

9. Queens Park

Rubbish. 

10.  Dunfermline 

Not buying that anything good is going to come from this season.  Rubbish. 

Away to be sick after saying nice things about Airdrie

I have chopped and changed this all morning and i am not fully convinced by it at all. 

1. Partick (Probably their best chance to go and win this league, surely cant f*ck it up 3 seasons on the spin, right?)

2. Raith (Not totally convinced with them yet, and squad does not look complete yet but do think they still have too much quality in the building at the minute not to challenge at the top. Should be in play offs at the very least)

3. Ayr ( Solid outfit and have pumped money into the squad. The additions of Oakley, Devlin, McMann and Rus are very good business. Should be in the mix and if they aren't come the January window, can see them pumping more money again)

4. Falkirk ( Bit of a dark horse for me this season. A very promising league cup campaign. Have maintained and added to their invincible squad and i think they will be a tough nut to crack. Cant see many teams winning at their stadium. )

5. Airdrie ( Just to miss out on the play offs this season. Very good league cup campaign and Mccabe is an excellent young manager. Just think the 4 in front of them will have a bit of added fire power and more finances to push them over line. Wilson looks like a cracking bit of business so far.)

6. Livi (meh season for them. Solid enough cup campaign only conceding 1 goal which hilariously eliminated them from the competition in typical livi style. Martindale will be great entertainment this season and i am all here for his inevitable meltdown(s) )

7. Morton ( An optimistic 7th place finish for us this season. Not convinced with some of the signings so far but hoping they are still to gel a wee bit. I simply cant have us any further up the table when we are persissting with Broadfoot every week. Mind you we have 0 other fit centre backs. Going to be hard to replace the goals of Oakley/Muirhead. Help me JET you are my only hope.)

8. QP ( Scoring for fun in the league cup and they will be optimistic going into the season. Big fan of Davidson. Now i am typing this and looking at their squad i genuinely have no reason for putting them in 8th. Could be top 4 or relegated by Christmas. I am clueless but they had to go somewhere)

9. Hamilton ( Pretty poor cup campaign but they have made a lot of new additions and it could be a case of still to piece the jigsaw together. Shaw, Todorov, Maguire, Bradley look like good signings on paper. However they also have signed Sean Mcginty which is alarm bells)

10. Dunfermline ( Probably the only one i am confident about. Looked woeful so far. No real big signings so far bar maybe Wotherspoon if he can stay fit? Need a good start in the league or McPake will be gone by October. Under pressure already it seems.)

Here's me prediction. Or as it's known my annual random list Championship teams.

Raith 

Thistle

Falkirk

Livingston

Morton

Airdrie

Ayr

Dunfermline

Queens park

Hamilton.

On 10/07/2024 at 15:54, Djas said:

Partick

Livingston

Raith

Ayr

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Morton

Airdrie

Hamilton

Queens Park

Partick

Livingston

Raith

Ayr

Airdrie

Falkirk

Morton

Hamilton

Queens Park

Dunfermline

Just now, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Last season most predictions had Airdrie at 9th or 10th and we finished 4th. This season many seem to have us in 4th - 6th, so we're winning the league for sure! ♦️😉♦️

Or getting the reverse jinx treatment, and will be relegated...

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

1. Accies

2. Partick Thistle 

3. Livingston (win the play-off final against Dundee thanks to a Lewis Smith winner)

5. Raith Rovers

6. Queen's Park 

7. Dunfermline Athletic

8. Greenock Morton

9. Airdrieonians (relegated by Queen of the South in the play-offs - Reegan Mimnaugh will score the winner)

Just a wee bit of bias there! Mimnaugh has also signed for East Kilbride. Hewitt and Kai Kennedy both do play for QOTS now though. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

1. Accies

2. Partick Thistle 

5. Raith Rovers

6. Queen's Park 

7. Dunfermline Athletic

8. Greenock Morton

The least realistic bit of this is Simon Murray not tearing livi apart in a playoff

The man has his ups and downs, but I'd never bet against him in a playoff

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Just a wee bit of bias there! Mimnaugh has also signed for East Kilbride. Hewitt and Kai Kennedy both do play for QOTS now though. 

In light of this information, I am changing my prediction to Cian Newbury scoring the winner in an Airdrie v Dumbarton final. 

31 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

The least realistic bit of this is Simon Murray not tearing livi apart in a playoff

The man has his ups and downs, but I'd never bet against him in a playoff

I have taken that into account. He will sign for Everton in January after an incredible Nations League campaign for Scotland. 

1. Partick
2. Raith
3. Falkirk
4. Livingston
5. Airdrie
6. Ayr
7. Queen's Park
8. Dunfermline
9. Hamilton
10. Morton

Airdrie - Big turnover of players over the summer(13 new signings so far, most in the division) but still looked very impressive in the league cup. Brilliant team to watch but still look vulnerable at the back and can't see them managing to keep hold of McMaster and Hancock come January if they continue on performing the way they are. There's also the fact clubs must be sniffing about Mccabe. 

Ayr - Brown didn't waste much time carving out his squad, Dowds & Oakley will be a right handful however two up top will lead to them losing the battle in the middle of the park more often than not. Rus shone in the league cup but they still need a centre back as Mikey Devlin's going to cause more problems than he solves.

Dunfermline - Look an absolute mess, 16 signed senior players and just the 3 new signings this summer which is the lowest in the league. Injuries obviously hampered last seasons performances but can only assume the lack of signings is down to McPake spending far too much on some of the current dross in the squad. 

Falkirk - Most of us wanted 4/5 bits of quality this summer to enhance our starting 11 in order to continue on an upward trajectory, still think we're short of a few bits but starting 11 wise we're up there with the best in the league. Continuity will be massive the first quarter as we've not really got many to bed in and as long as we avoid injuries we'll have a right good season. Tam Lang being out before a balls kicked's a big blow. Striker in on loan and I'll be even more optimistic.

Morton - Imrie came out this summer saying they were changing the way they play to be more easy on the eye. Persisting with Kirk Broadfoot and signing two big lumps from down south to play upfront(Reynolds + JET) is a fair bit of a contradiction. 

Hamilton - Fergus Owens being out for the season is a massive blow even more so when you've just signed a centre back like Sean McGinty. O'Hara, Shaw and Todorov give you decent options upfront but Rankin's strange tactics/team selections most likely mean you won't get the best out them. Midfield doesn't really look any better than it was last season where they struggled to break teams down in league one and that's even with them sticking by dodgy Macdonald.

Livingston - The relegated premiership team with seemingly plenty of money in the bank I expected a lot more from them this summer. Plenty of new faces but quite a few punts taken from Martindale and I'm not so sure that will pay off. However Stephen Kelly on his day will win them games. 

Partick - 5 new signings which in my opinion all immediately make a difference to their starting 11, best starting 11 overall in the league for me and I'd imagine they'll be bringing in another GK and right back to try improve that further. Graham staying fit will be a concern.

Queen's Park - Still look like they need plenty of bodies in especially at the back and the sooner they can get Savoury back fit the better. Strange one Danny Wilson tearing up his contract straight after a drubbing from Hibs and the mess off the park with the stadium can't be helping. Very interested to see how MacGregor gets on as Inverness fans were baffled Ferguson wasn't playing him last season and he looked very promising in the years prior(when he wasn't injured which looks to have been a regular occurrence)

Raith - Murray in the papers talking about how he can't compete with teams for signings whilst retaining Easton and signing Stevenson, Hanlon, Byrne and Fordyce was a good laugh. Still could do with a striker(don't we all), Easton re-signing will be massive again a player who can win games on his own in this division but I'm not so sure about the defence. Freeman's already shown himself to be a liability for Dundee United in this league and the rest will have serious issues with any sort of pace in behind. Hanlon makes a massive difference in being able to play out from the back but he's out injured already.

This gets harder and harder, with maybe three of four teams capable of play-offs at either end. Also trying to pay no attention whatsoever to League Cup performances and factoring in likely/possible improvements and/or managerial turnover...

1. Raith Rovers. In a league where there's no obvious 'favourite' and there might be four or five teams very close to one another, I think they're the best bet to do enough consistently to come out on top. Failry settled, plenty of depth, and no doubt a wee bit of cash held back to cover any surprises.

2. Partick Thistle. You could say much the same as Raith, but doubts around the keeper, the best combination at the back, and maybe over-reliance on Graham, just give Raith the edge. Should be very good middle-to-front, but also liable to spring a leak at the back too often to win it.

3. Livingston. Hardest team to call imo. Could stabilise and win it... or collapse into chaos and get dragged into a relegation battle. So I'll hedge my bets and say 3rd.

4. Ayr United. Pains me to say it, but McMann, Henderson, Oakley are excellent signings for this league, with the likes of Dowds and Murphy already there. As with Partick, there are one or two doubts about overall strength at the back, but I expect them to play on the front foot and will be surpised if they don't make the play-offs.

5. Falkirk. Even more painful... The example of Dunfermline last year reminds us that sauntering League One isn't a guarantee of anything (who tipped Dunfermline to finish below Airdrie?), but there looks to be enough stability and quality in the right places to be comfortably in the top half, maybe even squeaking a play-off if Livi bomb.

6. Morton. Underestimated us two years ago (predicted 7th) and overestimated last year (predicted 3rd), so tempted just to say 'ah f**k it, 5th again'... but we look to have a bit of work to do to get the new set-up as durable as we've been. Prediction is based on Imrie's proven ability to confound expectations and the assumption that there are still a couple of players to come in; if that turns out not be the case, a relegation scrap it is.

7. Hamilton Accies. Squad looks very uneven and the manager is prone to the odd brain-fart (much like his new LCB), but the forward options make total sense for a team in their situation and should be enough to get them the wins they'll need to be safe.

8. Airdrie. Predicted they'd finish 8th last year (while most people had them bottom), but never expected them to do as well as they did. A lot of the experienced players from that team have gone, though, and I think McCabe might be facing a 'difficult second album' situation here. Should be good enough to be safe, but Airdrie supporters whose expectations are up after last year might have to be realistic.

9. Dunfermline. Almost as popular a pick as Morton for 10th place, but I have a feeling they might look in better nick by the end of August/September. Also think there's every chance the current manager doesn't last, so tipping them to avoid the bottom spot, one way or another (either they strengthen enough under McPake, or whoever replaces him pulls them out).

10. Queen's Park. Hello groundless, cheating, former amateurs, my old friends... Predicted with great confidence they'd finish bottom last year, but didn't factor in that they would pull the plug on their shiny new 'continental' approach before it was too late. There are one or two players of genuine quality in there (although the loss of Paton is significant), but I can't help thinking that the next crisis is just around the corner and that they won't get away with lurching from one nonsense to the next this time around.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

10. Queen's Park. Hello groundless, cheating, former amateurs, my old friends... Predicted with great confidence they'd finish bottom last year, but didn't factor in that they would pull the plug on their shiny new 'continental' approach before it was too late. There are one or two players of genuine quality in there (although the loss of Paton is significant), but I can't help thinking that the next crisis is just around the corner and that they won't get away with lurching from one nonsense to the next this time around.

Always nice when supporters of the worst team for fair play 2 years running call others cheats
Furthermore, we have a ground, I'll admit it's shite, but probably less rats than Crappielow

I can't remember, nor find, if I posted before, so here goes.

1 Partick Thistle 

2 Ayr United 

3 Raith Rovers

4 Airdrieonians 

5 Livingston 

6 Falkirk 

7 Greenock Morton 

8 Queen's Park 

9 Dunfermline Athletic 

10 Hamilton Accies.

7 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Always nice when supporters of the worst team for fair play 2 years running call others cheats
Furthermore, we have a ground, I'll admit it's shite, but probably less rats than Crappielow

Take a wee rest from that disastrous patter and explain to me why deliberately failing to develop a ground you can/want to play in and instead slithering back into Hampden isn't cheating?

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Take a wee rest from that disastrous patter and explain to me why deliberately failing to develop a ground you can/want to play in and instead slithering back into Hampden isn't cheating?

Generally the burden is on the accuser to provide evidence of any wrongdoing, but given the accuser is a bawbag I'll try my best for you
Hampden has been the home of QP for longer than your team's existence, and frankly it's as much our right to rent a stadium as it is anyone else's. I don't see you accusing any other team which doesn't own their ground of cheating.

For what it's worth I think that we should develop lesser into a better ground than it is, but the fact is that it does meet all the requirements for a championship ground, and thus breaks no rules. It's mismanagement from our board that's stopping it from being developed, not cheating. Remember that we actively lose money from ticket sales by not expanding our stadium, why would we do that?
No-one at QP wants to be reliant on SFA goodwill to have a ground big enough to fit a championship-level crowd, but at present we are.

I don't think this needs any further explanation. You know we're not breaking any rules, you just want a reason to hate someone