1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I can't remember the last time we won a competitive game at Gayfield, so I have no illusions we'll change that today.

Well I'll be darned.

Late equaliser for Bonnyrigg against Annan, could well give us daylight in the group already.

Bonnyrigg win a long shootout, pretty much in an ideal position just now. Will miss Annan but hopefully take in some of the novelty of a 'home game' at Glebe Park against Inverness.

Well I'll be darned.

Bonnyrigg win a long shootout, pretty much in an ideal position just now. Will miss Annan but hopefully take in some of the novelty of a 'home game' at Glebe Park against Inverness.

Bloody hell - 11.57pm Tues. Night & both bbc & SPFL websites have Annan as the penalty winners. [ NOT]

Crazy I was there ! ! What's wrong with them or do spfl take the scores off bbc ?

3 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Bloody hell - 11.57pm Tues. Night & both bbc & SPFL websites have Annan as the penalty winners. [ NOT]

Crazy I was there ! ! What's wrong with them or do spfl take the scores off bbc ?

BBC and SPFL both take their stats from the same source, Opta. Opta have a man in the ground who relays the info to an operator who inputs the data for various websites. Looks like this operator has had a shocker!

If you look at the "live text" or "commentary" on each site, they inexplicably have Annan as taking and scoring both of the first two penalties of the shootout.

Bonnyrigg's number 3, Neil Martyniuk, took the first pen, not Annan's #3 Rico Quitongo. In fact, Rico didn't take one at all, he would've been last in line other than the goalie if Ryan Muir had scored.

On 14/07/2024 at 01:30, the philosopher said:

How the Queens got on tonight ? Ha ha ha .

Agent Murphy so far so good.

35 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

How the Annan got on tonight ? Ha ha ha . 

Agent Gibson so far so good.

Edited by 19QOS19

14 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

BBC and SPFL both take their stats from the same source, Opta. Opta have a man in the ground who relays the info to an operator who inputs the data for various websites. Looks like this operator has had a shocker!

If you look at the "live text" or "commentary" on each site, they inexplicably have Annan as taking and scoring both of the first two penalties of the shootout.

Bonnyrigg's number 3, Neil Martyniuk, took the first pen, not Annan's #3 Rico Quitongo. In fact, Rico didn't take one at all, he would've been last in line other than the goalie if Ryan Muir had scored.

Apparently OPTA have moved their 'operators' from offices in Ireland to Portugal, and some of their people in the ground (they have women as well as men) have had some language/translation issues. Wouldn't surprise me if this was a key reason!

19 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Fair do 's call it a draw.*

Did Queens never practice penalties tho - both Todd and Muir missed last night !

Never seen enough of Muir tbh. I never felt confident with Todd on penalties. I'm sure it was Bartley's first game where he completely skied one over the bar. Not sure if it's landed yet. 

* Until EK turn us over next week 🤦

If we get a point, let alone a win, I’d be shocked. This is just extended pre-season (and excuse making from Ferguson until a potential takeover) for us so this is a write off.

On 18/07/2024 at 06:54, Sir Tarmo said:

If we get a point, let alone a win, I’d be shocked. This is just extended pre-season (and excuse making from Ferguson until a potential takeover) for us so this is a write off.

Not so sure, we could see the coming of age with the youngsters, bear in mind some of them have been blooded in the bear pit of the Highland League.

Honestly seems like a lifetime ago since we last faced Bonnyrigg at home & it was only a year ago so much has happened since then gone from being favourites in that game to now underdogs a point or a win just seems so unlikely now. 

Would like a win cause it would give the young boys a bit of confidence. Going into that opening league game against Dumbarton after 4 straight defeats won't do the confidence any good even if the group matches are seen by the club as glorified friendlies. 

Since our manager is stubborn & dead set on playing this turgid system I would be surprised if we get anything tomorrow. 

Posted this in the Caley thread but this pre-match interview is absolutely wild:

All he knows about Bonnyrigg is that they drew 2-2 with Annan. And says, 'they're going in blind because there's no footage and no scouting budget'.

He could have got a Premier sub and watched our game or paid a tenner for a month of DeeTV and watched that game. He could have attended the Rose vs Annan game himself since Inverness weren't involved that day.

It's not often you see such a big name be so out of his depth at even League One level.

Fucking hell.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Posted this in the Caley thread but this pre-match interview is absolutely wild:

All he knows about Bonnyrigg is that they drew 2-2 with Annan. And says, 'they're going in blind because there's no footage and no scouting budget'.

He could have got a Premier sub and watched our game or paid a tenner for a month of DeeTV and watched that game. He could have attended the Rose vs Annan game himself since Inverness weren't involved that day.

It's not often you see such a big name be so out of his depth at even League One level.

Fucking hell.

He has zero imagination beyond his coaching experience at Everton. 5-3-2 to allow you to be solid against the big teams in the league doesn't work if you need to dominate a league. And why seek out information on the opposition on your own when you're used to one of the guys in the video analysis department doing it for you?

Having said that, with the squad we have this season, 5 at the back sadly might suit us a lot better than last year.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

2 hours ago, The Black Flag said:

Danny Devine talking up the motivation the squad has to put things right.

Yet the manager doesn't appear to be on that mindset. Not helping.

Bonnyrigg would have to be utter dog shit to lose to Inverness

Ex-Championship team vs bottom half L2 team that was soundly thrashed by Dundee - you should be fine! In saying that, if ICT underestimate us we might spring a surprise and it sounds like Dunc has done zero research on us so fingers crossed …. 🌹

40 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We should have a P&B sweepstake for just how low the attendance will be today. 

I’m saying 427 actually attend and we’ll announce 3000 

3 hours ago, Broonaldo said:

Ex-Championship team vs bottom half L2 team that was soundly thrashed by Dundee - you should be fine! In saying that, if ICT underestimate us we might spring a surprise and it sounds like Dunc has done zero research on us so fingers crossed …. 🌹

You’ll soon see the state of us