League Cup Group A - Dandies, Diamonds, Doonhamers, Sons & EK

Fairly enjoyable game between the Sons and Diamonds today. I missed 3 of the 7 goals (our 1st, Airdrie's 1st & 3rd) as the weans were up and down for snacks, drinks and toilet trips every two minutes. We tired towards the end and Airdrie then were able to take control. Their raft of subs helped as well, with Frizzell being given a free role to get all over the park and make things happen.

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aberdeen to win and us to blow our chances by losing to that mob. Stick on. 

Ever thus, its written in the bloody stars ... still, roll on Tuesday!

24 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Onto the big game on Tuesday. Cant see anything other than a home win for the sheep but stranger things have happened I guess! 

Quite so. This was some game in the League Cup group stages - https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/match-report?id=2942

What's East Kilbride's ground like spectator wise, plenty of cover, plenty of seating? I dinnae really mind the standing but dinnae fancy travelling up on Tuesday if it's wet and I've got to stand out in the open, the old bones couldnae take it.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

What's East Kilbride's ground like spectator wise, plenty of cover, plenty of seating? I dinnae really mind the standing but dinnae fancy travelling up on Tuesday if it's wet and I've got to stand out in the open, the old bones couldnae take it.

Wee stand behind the goals , it’s covered but no seating, in the middle of a random country park but to be fair there’s a cricket club across the car park with a couple decent bars in it so won’t struggle for a beer

It's a few years back now when my youngest lad used to train there in the evenings.  In those days there was a small covered stand along one side with maybe three rows of seats, totalling maybe 3-400 but that was all.  Standard astro type pitch with basic lampost floodlights in a country park facility.  It could have improved a bit recently, not sure.  Probably similar to what Edinburgh City had at the new Meadowbank.  Not great for watching fitba.

It's shite. I doubt EK will fill their section so there's no reason why we couldn't be given some seats. I won't hold my breath though and expect I'll be standing on Tuesday. 

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's shite. I doubt EK will fill their section so there's no reason why we couldn't be given some seats. I won't hold my breath though and expect I'll be standing on Tuesday. 

I don't mind standing, in fact prefer it,  as long as it's covered if the weather's bad. 

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do we know there's definitely segregation in operation? Last time we were there (which granted was only a pre-season friendly) there was no segregation and fans were mixing without issue. I presume the place was segregated for Aberdeen yesterday which is understandable. If it is segregated, given the lay out of it, I don't see how they could possibly give any of the stand to us. There wouldn't be a way to get to it without going through the EK fans.

I just assumed it would be buy a ticket and then sit / stand where you like.

I don't mind standing, in fact prefer it,  as long as it's covered if the weather's bad. 

I don't mind standing either providing it's a decent view. Sadly there isn't much elevation behind the goal at EK. It's not the best. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Do we know there's definitely segregation in operation? Last time we were there (which granted was only a pre-season friendly) there was no segregation and fans were mixing without issue. I presume the place was segregated for Aberdeen yesterday which is understandable. If it is segregated, given the lay out of it, I don't see how they could possibly give any of the stand to us. There wouldn't be a way to get to it without going through the EK fans.

I just assumed it would be buy a ticket and then sit / stand where you like.

I didn't realise it wasn't segregated last time tbh. The queue was massive and some guy ended up opening a gate at the back and herding us all to behind the goal. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I didn't realise it wasn't segregated last time tbh. The queue was massive and some guy ended up opening a gate at the back and herding us all to behind the goal. 

Definitely Queens fans sitting in the stand at that pre season friendly. Also a number standing on the flat terrace between the stand and changing rooms along the side.

I'm sure there was a group of EK fans on the terrace behind the goal too.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Definitely Queens fans sitting in the stand at that pre season friendly. Also a number standing on the flat terrace between the stand and changing rooms along the side.

I'm sure there was a group of EK fans on the terrace behind the goal too.

Aye there was definitely EK fans next to me now I think of it. I just assumed the seating was all EK. 

Hopefully I can get a seat.  The state of the old joints mean standing still for 2 hours is grim now.  Strangely I'm OK if I keep moving, I can still do 30 odd miles on the bike and managed to (bloody slowly) plod up and down a Munro the other week ... but ask me to stand still for 2 hrs and its not a pretty sight ... Maybe I should continually walk round the pitch, aye?  Auld gits, eh?

35 minutes ago, Houston said:

The tickets on fanbase are split into home and away which would indicate Queens fans will be segregated and standing behind the goal.

It might. But lots of clubs sell tickets marked home and away in advance and there's still no segregation inside the ground (Edinburgh City for a start).

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It might. But lots of clubs sell tickets marked home and away in advance and there's still no segregation inside the ground (Edinburgh City for a start).

When we sold tickets for the Ayr and Edinburgh City friendlies there was no home and away split.

Normally tickets are just general sale at EK, I’ve only ever seen home and away offered when there's segregation in place.  

Still, I’m sure there’d be no issue if some Queens fans bought ‘home’ tickets so they can get a seat.