League Cup Group A - Dandies, Diamonds, Doonhamers, Sons & EK

17 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I probably wouldn't have bothered if I'd known I'd be paying £15 to stand behind the goal and watch the game through a fuckin nett

Indeed. And I thought Edinburgh City was bad. FFS! 

63b610f2-d267-4e3a-a10e-c3e4a65ea388.jpeg

Quite impressed with this Airdrie side tbh. Last time I remember playing them Mixu Paataleinan scored 4, was a few years ago mind you.

Morris final ball is poor. Hopefully we sign a good winger to play with McGrath, Clarkson and Sokler. Could be very dangerous going forward.

11 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Quite impressed with this Airdrie side tbh. Last time I remember playing them Mixu Paataleinan scored 4, was a few years ago mind you.

Morris final ball is poor. Hopefully we sign a good winger to play with McGrath, Clarkson and Sokler. Could be very dangerous going forward.

Was going to post similar. If we can get a pacey wide player who’s half decent at finishing then it would make a huge difference.

Frustratingly, Duk would probably fit the bill. 

35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

From the BBC text page - "Jimmy Thelin's just walked over to the Pittodrie dugout for the first time. Quite the greet from the home support."

And Airdrie haven't even scored yet...

Now there'll be some greetin'...

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I presume he's been told to play this way, but Morris is giving Hancock the freedom of the park. If a goal was coming then he'd be involved.

Devlin and Morris have been honking.

The whole Aberdeen team have been honking, I'd maybe give Clarkson a pass, he at least has a bit of quality about him.  

Edited by Angus_Don

1 minute ago, Angus_Don said:

The whole Aberdeen team have been honking, I'd maybe give Clarkson a pass, he at least has a bit of quality about him. 

Airdrie have played some good stuff but we should have scored 3 times before the Airdrie goal.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Airdrie have played some good stuff but we should have scored 3 times before the Airdrie goal.

They haven't scored because of the quality of the player the chances fell to. Sokler's touch is awful Mackenzie not much better. As I say Clarkson the only player who looks comfortable on the ball.

Just now, Angus_Don said:

They haven't scored because of the quality of the player the chances fell to. Sokler's touch is awful Mackenzie not much better. As I say Clarkson the only player who looks comfortable on the ball.

Early contender for mistakes dramatic post if the season.

Not often we're on the positive end of an undeserved scoreline. I'm sure EK will think it should be them 3-1 up but other than the goal and a slack back pass they haven't tested our GK despite having most of the ball. We've been pretty poor with McKechnie comfortably the worst one for us IMO. Give Craic a crack in the second half. 

We absolutely gifted EK their goal as well with a stupid short pass and foul on the edge of the box. No idea if the GK or defenders should have dealt with the resultant FK as our view is terrible from here. 

Yet again Reece Lyon comfortably our best player. He's having to do extra work in there given Johnstone is a massive downgrade on Benji and Cochrane hasn't really been at the races. The first two goals almost identical. Lyon wins the tackle in the middle and lays it off for Walker who (unlike McKechnie) showed some composure to finish well. The second he rightly took it himself. The 3rd a corner after the GK got nowhere near it. 

I expect we'll concede at least one more if we continue to be sloppy but if we start shooting we'll score again. The EK goalkeeper doesn't look like he knows his job is to stop the ball. 

Si Ferry is still a complete fanny. Someone explain to him what a foul is.