33 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I meant purely in terms of the good chances we didn’t take after making it 2-2. The rest of the game, we weren’t good enough but we should be scoring at least one of them to go ahead and from there I think we see the game out.

Edit: to clarify, I’m not suggesting that we dominated the game or even were particularly the better side. 

I see, very fair points.

Disappointingly measured and balanced for a P&B comment in response to a cup defeat to a team two leagues below you.

9 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I've got to say, I've been thinking about this comment for a bit (having watched all sets of highlights about 40 times each) and I'm not sure what game you were watching. Kinnear made good saves, certainly, but at the game aside from the first few minutes and a short period around Grahams equaliser, I never thought you looked up for 'winning a game of football'.

I have a couple of Thistle supporting mates and their thoughts were much the same as mine. Obviously I left that game talking about how Clyde will probably win the cup full stop when I met up with them. That lasted for about 20 minutes until eventually they left me on my tod with my own thoughts (not good!).

Ultimately, back to the main point, it was clear to me that the better team won.

EDIT: Unless you mean generally 'a Championship team should beat a League 2 team', then yes, fair, but I'm not sure you did.

Partick should have won by virtue of their being Partick Thistle.  They may not have been the better team, but they do have entitlement issues.  

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Unlikely with our back-up goalkeeper potentially playing and a horrendous record at Fir Park having not one since Murdo Macleod was in charge. 

In fact Kyle's Dad, Tommy scored that day. Wow, I feel old.

Need an actual 3 point win so highly unlikely right enough.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

Well the way it has panned out we just have to win. Goal difference irrelevant as QP and airdrie can’t be caught in goals (in any realistic world). Our goals difference is already better than United  and livi’s, so any win would see us through. However, we won’t win. I don’t see any world where we do at all and if anything could see us getting a bit of a doin. But at least there’s a chance you never know! 

4 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Well the way it has panned out we just have to win. Goal difference irrelevant as QP and airdrie can’t be caught in goals (in any realistic world). Our goals difference is already better than United  and livi’s, so any win would see us through. However, we won’t win. I don’t see any world where we do at all and if anything could see us getting a bit of a doin. But at least there’s a chance you never know! 

Goal difference is completely irrelevant surely, win the game and you top the league and go through, don’t win the game and you are out.

32 minutes ago, ropy said:

Goal difference is completely irrelevant surely, win the game and you top the league and go through, don’t win the game and you are out.

You are infact completely correct and I am a dafty. Senior moment !

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

If this ends in a draw we should get 5 folk out the stands plus a keeper each to take the penalties 

We should get somebody out the stands to play the full 90 minutes in goal.

A bit harsh on Mason and I hope he has a great game but tough getting thrown in to a game like this.

Thistle fans, what are your thoughts/knowledge/hopes for your reserve keeper? Possible weak link?

Expecting a close-fought affair. Decent day for it anyway, looking forward to it.

McBeth back to CB, would have though O'Reilly the more natural choice to play LCB but no complaints otherwise with what we have, MacKay deserves a start

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Thistle fans, what are your thoughts/knowledge/hopes for your reserve keeper? Possible weak link?

Expecting a close-fought affair. Decent day for it anyway, looking forward to it.

His dad has a Super Bowl winners ring which is probably the most notable thing about him. I think any of our players who go to Lowland League or below on loan are doomed not to make, there will always be an exception though.

45 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

He couldn’t force his way in to the Spartans first 11 on loan last season. Take from that what you will. 

A half of two halves, we looked better for the first bit but can't get out of our own half now and the break has come at a decent time. 

McCready done nothing wrong and the midfield is a bit more mobile. Set pieces look a worry defensively.

Decent game. 

First 20-25 minute Thistle looked good but then Well forced a couple of good saves from McCready.

Well then seemed to be a lot more aggressive in terms of forcing the game and getting forward and the chances ha e dried up for Thistle.

Miller starting to dictate in the middle of the park and Thistle need a few tweaks at half-time to stay in this.

Front players started well for Jags but Motherwell have stepped things up and McKay and Fitzy haven't had a touch in the opposition half for a good while. 

Well done to McCready on his first-half showing.

Interesting second-half awaits.