Boness United 2024/25

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Guaranteed if it was an SPFL match it would've been on today though. 

I’m guessing you never heard the story of Dumbarton v Stirling 2 seasons ago then….pull up a chair sunny Jim and I’ll start……

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I’m guessing you never heard the story of Dumbarton v Stirling 2 seasons ago then….pull up a chair sunny Jim and I’ll start……

You’ve got my attention 

Think the SFA should be bringing common sense training in for referees .

Yesterday the fact that a referee was inspecting at 11 suggested that there was some doubt . To pass it knowing the forecast was bad just beggars belief . All he did was cost the club and supporters time and money .

An absolute shambles .

46 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Gretna the visitors on Saturday. Conditions good so could be a belter.

Mon the BU's !!!

Looking forward to it. Gretna have made a decent start and appear to have made some backroom changes as well as bringing in some new players so a good game in the offing and hopefully a BU win.

58 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

A Bo’ness derby in the Scottish Cup, that would be epic, wouldn’t mind seeing that. 

It wouldn't be though would it? A real team with fans versus some lads with a bag of jerseys doesn't a derby make.

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It wouldn't be though would it? A real team with fans versus some lads with a bag of jerseys doesn't a derby make.

Well, to anyone sensible looking in, it would be. Both teams play out of the same stadium, have Bo’ness in their name. I’ll leave this one there though, it’s clearly a sore point. 😬

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

A Bo’ness derby in the Scottish Cup, that would be epic, wouldn’t mind seeing that. 

To be honest. From a United fan I’d be terrified to play them. Watched the game tonight and they some really great stuff if I’m honest, they destroyed east Stirling in pre season(despite it being pre season it’s still impressive), and we’ve recently just lost a cup game to a team a league below and got blown away by every west team we faced in pre season whilst they’ve gone and knocked out two west teams from the Scottish cup comfortably.Wouldn’t be so one sided as I think some United fans would assume. Would defo be a cracker!

Looking forward to today's game, cracking weather for it and Gretna a different kettle of fish this year compared to previous.

Athletic are a good side, the money they're spending you'd expect that and I've no doubt they'd be right up for the battle. Doesn't change that they have about 6 fans and no-one in Bo'ness other than the supporters club of a dead football team care about them.

1 hour ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Looking forward to today's game, cracking weather for it and Gretna a different kettle of fish this year compared to previous.

Athletic are a good side, the money they're spending you'd expect that and I've no doubt they'd be right up for the battle. Doesn't change that they have about 6 fans and no-one in Bo'ness other than the supporters club of a dead football team care about them.

Quite a few bonessers see it as a home game every week I was hearing. Is there a noticeable decrease in united away support ? No supporters club ?

3 hours ago, Rosey1889 said:

Must be scary Dave, they're on the march and going to pass you within 5 years.

I probably should give the party line response on that suggestion of "no chance"....... .BUT Athletic have a track record of improving their squad while selling on some quality players for good money. They also appear to have finances and generous sponsors, a vision of where they want to be and some hard working driven characters at the helm. 

Athletic have the mindset and resources to move upwards.

I feel that Bo'ness United just now have decided to drift aimlessly in the middle of the Lowland League. Happy to be there, playing in the cups and surviving on Treasure Chest money. BUT the BU's can get their mojo back and that starts on the pitch. Better performances, better results and progression in the cups and up the Lowland League will see brighter days at the BU's. 

My gut feeling is in 5 years the BU's will still be tier 5 and Athletic will be up in tier 6.

Mon the BU's !!!

15 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

That bag of jerseys have won 5 trophies in 2 years and beat the rose twice so your right dosent really constitute a derby