42 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

£300 per week on food for six people doesn't seem right at all if you are on a "budget". £7.14 a day per person.

Lets say you cook a spag bol, 500g pack of mince is 3 quid, can of chopped tomato is 1 quid, block of cheese 2 quid, pack of spaghetti 1 quid, veg 2 quid. = 9 quid for that meal that could probably fill at least three people then you would have extra cheese and spaghetti left over. 

Breakfast = Cereal, porridge, bananas etc all cheap as chips or better still, fast until 12 and avoid breakfast all together.

Lunch =  make some soup or something under a couple of quid for a number of people.

Fucking hell Jamie Oliver give it a rest, holt shit.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

https://thekoptimes.com/2024/07/18/dundee-united-want-to-sign-liverpool-centre-back-who-was-playing-in-ligue-2-last-season/amp/

There's enough buzz about Koumetio coming from Liverpool to concede there's something there but almost all of it implied we'd pay a transfer fee. Cant believe we'd invest the 6 figures being talked about in someone so raw and unproven 

It will be an X% of next fee, surely?

Alan Temple is saying that it is nonsense and we have no interest in the player. Priority is midfield and up front. May be the usual ignorance of folk unable to tell the difference between United and Dundee. Same thing happened with Beck, was initial reports with the wrong club or both names used.

10 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I don't blame anyone who decides they aren't willing to pay those prices. I'm not willing to pay them, after all. Factoring in travel, a pie and a pint, you're probably talking at least £80 for the day. More than my Preston Athletic season ticket.

I have to pick and choose my games, I cannot attend enough games to make a season ticket worthwhile so I am basically being priced out of watching my team. That's fine, there are plenty of clubs near me who are much more affordable. C'est la vie.

Tickets are far too expensive but half of that price is apparently your travel. I'm sure if @Granny Danger posted the cost to him to attend a match he could come up with a dramatic price too.

Has anyone ever heard a peep from our Supporters Liason people? Is it our job to seek them out?

I'm not a member of Arabtrust or the DUSF? Have they approached members about this?

Unfortunately I think the reality is many people would pay 50 quid for a derby ticket and I don't doubt we will get there before long.

I also think the club probably use it as a selling point for STs.

The impression I get from single game attendees eg folk in the shed is it's not a 90 minute football match, it's a day out on a par with going to a gig and that the prices aren't really a consideration particularly when taken in the context of a whole day's alcohol and cocaine spend.

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Tickets are far too expensive but half of that price is apparently your travel. I'm sure if @Granny Danger posted the cost to him to attend a match he could come up with a dramatic price too.

Depends if I fly domestic or use my NetJets account.

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

£300 per week on food for six people doesn't seem right at all if you are on a "budget". £8. 33 a day per person.

Lets say you cook a spag bol, 500g pack of mince is 3 quid, can of chopped tomato is 1 quid, block of cheese 2 quid, pack of spaghetti 1 quid, veg 2 quid. = 9 quid for that meal that could probably fill at least three people then you would have extra cheese and spaghetti left over. 

Breakfast = Cereal, porridge, bananas etc all cheap as chips or better still, fast until 12 and avoid breakfast all together.

Lunch =  make some soup or something under a couple of quid for a number of people.

What heathen isn't eating garlic bread with Spag Bol?

Not forgetting some herbs and spices.

Also, seen the price of olive oil these days? 😰

Edited by ArabFC

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

The impression I get from single game attendees eg folk in the shed is it's not a 90 minute football match, it's a day out on a par with going to a gig and that the prices aren't really a consideration particularly when taken in the context of a whole day's alcohol and cocaine spend.

Toilets were like something from a Brazilian favela last time I was in the Shed for a derby so suspect you're right. Although they would have that vibe even without the coke I imagine. 

56 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

What heathen isn't eating garlic bread with Spag Bol?

Not forgetting some herbs and spices.

Also, seen the price of olive oil these days? 😰

Garlic bread for 39p in Asda chilled section 

4 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

What the f**k is going on with this thread???

In Dundee United football related news we can expect a couple of new signings next week. 

What’s your weekly shopping bill?

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Who's supplying the pehs this year?

Very expensive the pehs - I’m sure Butters has a good recipe for a homemade pie.

In other news - I see your new midfielder is bringing the best of Pep and Postecoglu to Tannadice. 

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

What the f**k is going on with this thread???

God only knows.

Spoiler

Tomatoes in a bolognese??? Philistines. And spaghetti’s not even the right pasta. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

47 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Are people really making Italian foods without a soffritto in the year 2024.

You can make a Ragu without a soffrito?!

Although I don't do a proper one celery allergy in my house.

7 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Very expensive the pehs - I’m sure Butters has a good recipe for a homemade pie.

In other news - I see your new midfielder is bringing the best of Pep and Postecoglu to Tannadice. 

The Record article manages to spell his name differently in two consecutive words. Impressive, even for them.

former Celtic boss Postecoglou impressed Bubanski. Babunski said: “He is a fantastic coach,