12 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Scott Fraser would be an excellent signing btw, technically a brilliant footballer, just because he doesn’t go smashing in tackles doesn’t make him a bad pler 

I think you’re missing the point.  It’s not the fact that “he doesn’t go smashing in tackles” but rather he cannot handle it when opposing players do.  Any player needs to be able to cope with the physical side of the game because as soon as it’s apparent they can’t then the opposition will exploit that.

I’ll take a technicality gifted player over a hard tacking player any day of the week but that player must be able to deal with a level of physical contact without retreating into their shell.

Only just noticed the news but delighted to have Walton back. The fact that our defence was excellent for the first few months of the season distracted from the fact that Walton was doing a solid job when he was called upon.

I remember being impressed by the saves he was pulling off as early as the league cup defeat to Partick last August. It was refreshing to see a keeper pulling out stops when you expected a goal. Not least because our previous keeper had been so proficient at salvaging goals for the opposition out of nothing.

So aye, welcome back Jack.

18 hours ago, SGMilne said:

Flicking hair out of your face during a game as regularly as he did for people to notice it, even at a very micro level, has to affect your concentration and then your play. He'd have been better with a hair band/shorter hair and he was when that happened.

As for whether it slowed him down, I genuinely do remember this on an occasion where he was running with the ball down the GF side. He had to flick his hair out of his face mid stride and lost a step of pace which allowed a defender to get back and nick the ball from him.

Now that goes to the argument of whether this memory is what happened or am I remembering my memory of the last time I remembered it which has meant I don't actually have a proper memory of it anymore and it's altered to suit my narrative? 😅 Who knows, but as far as I'm concerned it happened and I saw it, and in a season where we were losing games due to a combination of bad goalkeeping and younger players having such a weak spirit that they couldn't come when conceding a goal, it was something that felt like an easy fix.

I rest my case 😇

The other thing about memory here is that I thought Fraser ended up being well thought of before he left. The main issues fans had with him was whilst we were in the Premiership. I'm less clear on that than I am of him slowing down when he flicked hair out of his face though 😆

I trust Goodwins judgement on players so if it happens I’d be ok with it.

2 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

What does this cryptic vote mean ? Shares ?

IMG-20240626-WA0014.jpg

I've seen so many people confused by this.

Ogren has turned some of the debt into shares so he gets more money when investors come in to buy shares/buy the club.

Basically means he'll get more money back when it happens.

Which should be soon given that they've done this.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Ogren has turned some of the debt into shares so he gets more money when investors come in to buy shares/buy the club.

Yeah I can see it being confusing in isolation but if you read the stories about the debt to shares conversion ahead of the investment(presumably from Brentford) it's fairly obvious.

20 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

Yeah I can see it being confusing in isolation but if you read the stories about the debt to shares conversion ahead of the investment(presumably from Brentford) it's fairly obvious.

Hence I said shares ? Bit vague for a statement however and will confuse many 

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Walton signing is great news.  Pretty pleased with how the squad is shaping up.

Is it still Tuesday 😹

The club had previously announced the contents of the resolution so I knew what it was about but it does seem odd not to restate it.

I think the point is that when the shares are sold Ogren gets more money from the sale which makes sense as it means its less money that the club are indebted in loans to him (as much as anything about this stupid ownership model can makes sense).

24 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The club had previously announced the contents of the resolution so I knew what it was about but it does seem odd not to restate it.

I think the point is that when the shares are sold Ogren gets more money from the sale which makes sense as it means its less money that the club are indebted in loans to him (as much as anything about this stupid ownership model can makes sense).

Yes I seen something about shares for sale the other week.

The clubs statement didn't tell what they were voting for just that a vote had passed and it could have been a merger with Dundee for all we knew 😹.

The issue is probably our media team communication at times could be better and this maybe needs fed back to United.

47 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ogren trying to recoup as much as possible, before the shit goes down. IMO.

Thank you.

If we finish bottom (which we won't) our prize money is bigger than what St Mirren just banked for finishing 5th so he's looking at another year to get his money back so we are safe for a while longer 😉

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

That's not what was reported previously and I don't think that's right. I think this refers to the creation of new shares, which in turn will be sold to new investors. The proceeds from the sale of those shares would then allow the club to repay some of the director's loans owed to Ogren. 

35 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Yes I seen something about shares for sale the other week.

The clubs statement didn't tell what they were voting for just that a vote had passed and it could have been a merger with Dundee for all we knew 😹.

The issue is probably our media team communication at times could be better and this maybe needs fed back to United.

Tbf, I don't think this statement was intended for punters so much as for shareholders. It is rather oblique though and they might have been better contacting the shareholders directly.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's not what was reported previously and I don't think that's right. I think this refers to the creation of new shares, which in turn will be sold to new investors. The proceeds from the sale of those shares would then allow the club to repay some of the director's loans owed to Ogren. 

Happy to be corrected on that. Same outcome effectively though.

9 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Happy to be corrected on that. Same outcome effectively though.

Indeed and, tbf, I don't have any particular insight. Just surmising from the stuff that's been made public.