38 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Think thats a bit harsh. Yes he has had his injury issues but we are a better team with him in it, the stats back that up. Wouldnt be in a hurry to bin him but would definitely be looking for another player in that position

It's been alluded to in here but the guys got issues he's working through. 

I've got high hopes for Doc next season but it's glaringly obvious we need another body in the middle.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's been alluded to in here but the guys got issues he's working through. 

I've got high hopes for Doc next season but it's glaringly obvious we need another body in the middle.

EDITED - I shouldn't be speculating

Edited by WhatDayIsIt

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Think thats a bit harsh. Yes he has had his injury issues but we are a better team with him in it, the stats back that up. Wouldnt be in a hurry to bin him but would definitely be looking for another player in that position

As an outsider looking in, if you go into the season with an injury prone 31 year old who has never played jn the top flight as your club captain and midfield lynchpin, then it's likely to be a long hard season.

15 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Issues (alleged) that cause dehydration.  Dehydration causes muscle injuries.  

Feels like if one (alleged) issue is sorted, then other issues might go away.

Wouldn't disagree at all with that. Player needs supported through everything though, we've seen how important he can be and it's a very difficult tightrope to walk.

I mean if you were in his shoes and you knew you would likely have to he replaced sooner than later it wouldn't help mentally. On balance though need to ensure that neither him nor the club are held captive by these issues going forwards.

Hope for his sake there's a solution found, I know personally how hard it is to support someone in that position and don't envy anyone attempting to find a positive outcome.

That said I'm confident the club will handle it appropriately.

Posted (edited)

Again, if there is a player at the club with issues then I'm not sure how helpful it is to be speculating about it on an internet forum. If it's not true, then it's clearly unfair. If it is true then it's not really fair or helpful either. That's a private matter which should be left to the player, the club and his family to deal with. Public gossip about it doesn't help anyone.

[edited]

Edited by Pull My Strings

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wouldn't disagree at all with that. Player needs supported through everything though, we've seen how important he can be and it's a very difficult tightrope to walk.

I mean if you were in his shoes and you knew you would likely have to he replaced sooner than later it wouldn't help mentally. On balance though need to ensure that neither him nor the club are held captive by these issues going forwards.

Hope for his sake there's a solution found, I know personally how hard it is to support someone in that position and don't envy anyone attempting to find a positive outcome.

That said I'm confident the club will handle it appropriately.

I presume you didn't identify them and then gossip about it on social media.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Decent, and yes, we were a better team with him in it. However, he's easily replaced. We don't need a crock regardless of how good he is. 

As someone has said, he's completely untested at top league level and something tells me he'll struggle. 

We need a big squad with no passengers. 

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Again, if there is a player at the club with substance abuses issues then I'm not sure how helpful it is to be speculating about it on an internet forum. If it's not true, then it's clearly unfair. If it is true then it's not really fair or helpful either. That's a private matter which should be left to the player, the club and his family to deal with. Public gossip about it doesn't help anyone.

And the suggestion that it's as simple as: drink too much, get dehydrated, get muscle injuries then you should just stop drinking, is not only facile but also almost certainly nonsense. 

To be honest, I've seen hints and rumours. But this post is probably the most I've seen labelled towards him. Others have skirted, you certainly haven't. 

So, no, definitely not helpful.

3 minutes ago, Groot said:

To be honest, I've seen hints and rumours. But this post is probably the most I've seen labelled towards him. Others have skirted, you certainly haven't. 

So, no, definitely not helpful.

You've not been paying attention then. This has been discussed on here before and I don't think there's anyone not drawing the obvious conclusion from the dehydration stuff posted above.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

You've not been paying attention then. This has been discussed on here before and I don't think there's anyone not drawing the obvious conclusion from the dehydration stuff posted above.

Maybe I haven't paid attention and I won't go scrolling through hundreds of posts. But, if I didn't know what the rumours were before, I certainly do now after reading your post. 

Just now, Groot said:

Maybe I haven't paid attention and I won't go scrolling through hundreds of posts. But, if I didn't know what the rumours were before, I certainly do now after reading your post. 

Okay, so there's one guy who couldn't decipher the incredibly cryptic posts. I stand corrected.

29 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Okay, so there's one guy who couldn't decipher the incredibly cryptic posts. I stand corrected.

He’s not the only one.  I read our threads regularly and had never realised there may be an issue here; maybe I don’t do cryptic either.

However it seems to me we have two separate matters here.  The first is how the club supports and otherwise deals with someone who may have certain issues and the second is how we ensure we have a balanced squad of players who can contribute as we seek to compete in the Premiership.

It’s the role of the club to manage these two separate though related matters.

On 25/06/2024 at 20:32, Fife Arab said:

……….won the league ole ole

could be Airdrie bound soon. Surprised at this thought maybe Dunfermline would have took him 

👍🏼✅

good luck to Chris Mochrie. Good signing for Airdrie 

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Again, if there is a player at the club with substance abuses issues then I'm not sure how helpful it is to be speculating about it on an internet forum. If it's not true, then it's clearly unfair. If it is true then it's not really fair or helpful either. That's a private matter which should be left to the player, the club and his family to deal with. Public gossip about it doesn't help anyone.

And the suggestion that it's as simple as: drink too much, get dehydrated, get muscle injuries then you should just stop drinking, is not only facile but also almost certainly nonsense. 

You are right, I shouldn't have speculated without proof.  Have edited my post.

16 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

No word on incomings @Fife Arab????

All hush hush and to be honest I don’t mind it that way. The club have made some good additions and seem to be building a nice team. Let’s just sit tight and trust the process 🤝

Jim is 👨‍🍳

4 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

All hush hush and to be honest I don’t mind it that way. The club have made some good additions and seem to be building a nice team. Let’s just sit tight and trust the process 🤝

Jim is 👨‍🍳

Think the signings have been good so far and look forward to seeing them at Falkirk on Saturday.  Hoping we might have 1 or 2 more by then.  Sooner the better for getting them integrated before the league starts but appreciate sought after players take time.

You expecting O’Donnell to take Docherty’s place on Saturday?