5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's all fine in theory. But as Sun Tzu famously said, everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth

And I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who said everything is a dildo if you are brave enough

50 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's all fine in theory. But as Sun Tzu famously said, everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth

‘The Art of War’ was a best seller but I preferred the sequel ‘Why 4-4-2 Is Better Than 5-4-1’

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Martin Luther King had a dream - that one day wing backs and full backs would be interchangeable, and that Jim Goodwin would sign a holding midfielder capable of playing more than 180 consecutive minutes in a season

I haven't been keeping up with all the changes close season. 

Are the two wing backs playing wide with of two sitting CMs in the 4? Are the two wider players in the front 3 lining up like inside forwards? 

On 13/07/2024 at 09:38, Fife Arab said:

Babunski was in training yesterday, must be some formalities to sort before we can sign him. Word on the street is he’s looking very good. 

👍🏼✅

22 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I haven't been keeping up with all the changes close season. 

Are the two wing backs playing wide with of two sitting CMs in the 4? Are the two wider players in the front 3 lining up like inside forwards? 

Yes (or at least that is the plan)

3 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

With a 3-4-3 system you need to your main striker to be dropping deep.  That way if he takes a centre half with him, this allows the two wide players to move into the space that has been left, leaving a 2v1 situation with the other centre half.

If the centre half doesn't follow the striker and its a midfielder who drops off to mark him, then one of your midfielders needs to be running in behind, along with the two wide players cutting inside to again have a 3v2 overload.

Well it's one way of doing it.

My first memory of the 3-4-3 was Ivan deploying it in the 1994 Cup Final.

As a kid I marvelled at the sheer simplicity and genius of it. Man-mark their two strikers and have Petric sweep up, and use the opposite winger as a second forward.

Changed days.

6 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

better no be starting any barca ticky tacky shite

That would require him to have a team mate who could also play with some skill so don’t worry.

(And it’s Tiki-Taka)

3 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

On 29 August 2023, Koumetio joined Ligue 2 side USL Dunkerque on a season-long loan. He made his debut in a league fixture against Grenoble Foot 38 on 16 September, and was sent off after 52 minutes for two bookable offences.

Ayina 2.0 

Ryan Strain looks to have seriously injured himself when back-heeling the ball, which is just fcuking fantastic!

Hope I'm wrong but had all the hallmarks of a popped achilles.

Edited by ArabFC