13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s not an age thing, most posters have the name of the team they support in their profile, you don’t.  Are you embarrassed about it?

Hold on a minute. What? Is my team not showing as Kilmarnock?  ETA - Have fixed it now, wonder what happened there. How could anyone be embarrassed by the mighty Kilmarnock FC what a strange thing to think.

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Given this was the Covid season and there were no crowds, I genuinely cannot tell if this is a joke or not. If so, well done.

It was. 

Edited by Sortmeout

27 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Hold on a minute. What? Is my team not showing as Kilmarnock?  ETA - Have fixed it now, wonder what happened there. How could anyone be embarrassed by the mighty Kilmarnock FC what a strange thing to think.

No there’s certainty no reason to be embarrassed to be a Killie fan, equally there’s no great cause to have a pop at an Arab about our record over the last five years.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

No there’s certainty no reason to be embarrassed to be a Killie fan, equally there’s no great cause to have a pop at an Arab about our record over the last five years.

Not at all I am an admirer of Utd, the biggest club in Dundee.

28 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Not at all I am an admirer of Utd, the biggest club in Dundee.

I am an admirer of Utd 

Winning the league title over the uglies and the official best team in Europe

European success

Scottish Cup win over an

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet but Trapanovski deal is just waiting on a work permit. We need a special exception for him because he hasn't been capped by his country.

As long as the approval board isn't full of ex-hibees again he should get it.

2 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet but Trapanovski deal is just waiting on a work permit. We need a special exception for him because he hasn't been capped by his country.

As long as the approval board isn't full of ex-hibees again he should get it.

Wouldn't say it's a guarantee tbh.

Screenshot_20240610_222122_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cdb8a2d004300703bbaf85f35b1cb001.jpg

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wouldn't say it's a guarantee tbh.

Screenshot_20240610_222122_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cdb8a2d004300703bbaf85f35b1cb001.jpg

I'm sure plenty of players have been given an exception despite coming nowhere near the points total.

7 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I'm sure plenty of players have been given an exception despite coming nowhere near the points total.

You've got to be around 10, usually, or within a few points of it. We had to get an exception for someone one 11pts.

Livingston had it denied and Morton couldn't sign Ciftci due to it too a few years back.

You're going to have to do a really good job of convincing the panel he's worth it based on the figure I get, but your clubs used to signing foreign players so I'd be confident they know more than me about it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

What was the script with you lads being rejected a permit for Jason Scotland again and then St Johnstone swooped right in?

In July 2005, Scotland was denied a new work permit and the club made an appeal,[7] which was deemed unsuccessful by a Scottish Premier League appeals committee.[8] Within three weeks, St Johnstone of the Scottish First Division were successful in gaining a work permit for the player – despite using the same dossier as United had presented previously.

It's bizarre because he'd played 2 full seasons for United including a run to the Cup Final and it was the renewal that was rejected.

56 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

In July 2005, Scotland was denied a new work permit and the club made an appeal,[7] which was deemed unsuccessful by a Scottish Premier League appeals committee.[8] Within three weeks, St Johnstone of the Scottish First Division were successful in gaining a work permit for the player – despite using the same dossier as United had presented previously.

It's bizarre because he'd played 2 full seasons for United including a run to the Cup Final and it was the renewal that was rejected.

Tbf, he rarely started for United and the decision was probably correct*. Obviously it was then a nonsense that they gave him one to play for St Johnstone in a lower division. Also, on a human level it was outrageous that a guy who had been given the right to live in the UK and had formed relationships and made a life for himself was then arbitrarily being denied the right to continue working in the UK (although that's not unique to football players).

* Technically correct in the sense that a strict interpretation of the criteria (exceptional talent, unavailable in the domestic market or words to that effect) would imply that he didn't merit a work permit given that there were numerous domestic players who were chosen to play ahead of him at United.

Edit: with the further caveat that of course if you applied those criteria strictly in all cases then virtually no foreign players would ever get a gig in Scotland outside the OF.

Edited by Pull My Strings

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What was the script with you lads being rejected a permit for Jason Scotland again and then St Johnstone swooped right in?

If you can be arsed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-decision-to-refuse-footballer-jason-scotland-a-work-permit-annexes