2 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Walton

Sevji, Gallagher, Graham

Thomson, Sibbald, Babunski, Ferry

Fotheringham, Moult, Trapanovski

I'd put money on this being the case with Sevji moving up into midfield after 15 minutes when we are getting over run leaving us in an utter mess at RB and LB.

2 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Walton

Sevji, Gallagher, Graham

Thomson, Sibbald, Babunski, Ferry

Fotheringham, Moult, Trapanovski

Personally think Jort will be in place of Kai. Sibbald needs to take a game. 

Walton

Harding Gallagher Graham

Thomson.                           Ferry

Sev/Doc. Sibbs 

Babunski 

Moult    VDS

I know that looks narrow cause of the formatting but I think Harding will be absolutely fine starting.

Sevvy looks better in midfield and Sibbs has been rested for this. Babunski free role in front of them with the others breaking up play.

Fotheringham and Trapanovski can come on for either or both of the forwards or Babunski later in the game.

Edited by ArabianKnight

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I was swithering about starting him and VDS upfront tbh.

He has to start imo. We have been starved of that kind of player since GMS. News of him starting on the bench come Sunday wouldn't go down well with the crowd 

Walton

Sevelj Gallagher Graham

Thomson Docherty Sibbald Ferry

Babunski

VDS Trapanosvki 

The front 2 capable of running into wide positions and Babunski given a free role to try to influence play as much as possible and hopefully find shooting opportunities from space vacated by the front 2. Docherty is a gamble but one worth taking fitness permitting, if he’s not fit to start then Harding into defence with Sevelj in midfield as it looks like Odada needs a few weeks getting up to speed. 

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Can't believe you ommited our best attacking player from your starting line up! 🙈

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

He has to start imo. We have been starved of that kind of player since GMS. News of him starting on the bench come Sunday wouldn't go down well with the crowd 

I thinking more as an impact player coming on. Watch him start and the Dees half him constantly on Sunday.

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

I thinking more as an impact player coming on. Watch him start and the Dees half him constantly on Sunday.

1st game of the season, it's a Derby and we are at home. The only way to play this game is to go for them and Trapanovski has the ability to do that. He creates and scores. Dundee's weakness (like us) is their defence and especially at full back 

Why take the chance of being 2 down for example having created little then bring him on.

Re. the midfield, we were certainly overrun against Falkirk but no sign of that in any subsequent games and certainly not overrun against Luton. It's not rocket science to recognise that you need more than two in the middle when coming up against three and - for all his detractors - you've got to assume that Goodwin also recognises that.

Someone compared the formation which we're currently going with as similar to Clarke's Scotland formation. I personally hate that formation but there might be an element of truth in that comparison in terms of the midfield cover. Clarke tends to go with a box in midfield (two central sitters and two central players further forward). I can imagine Goodwin asking the wide forwards to tuck in when we lose possession to create that same dynamic in midfield,  hopefully giving a four against three defensively,  which should be much less scary. 

At least that's what I'm hoping the plan is. That being the case, I'd be tempted to go:-

Walton

Cleall-Harding  -  Gallagher - Graham

Thomson - Sevelj - Babunski - Ferry

Kai - Moult - Trapanovski 

Sibbs has been off it a bit and I like the look of Sevelj in midfield; Louis has enough credit in the bank to keep his place ahead of Van der Sande, who will still be getting to know the rest of the team. I wouldn't be averse to those two positions going the other way though.

I think Goodwin will go with Sevelj instead of Cleall-Harding and Sibbald in midfield, which is fine. Just hoping he doesn't go with Middleton on the right of the front three. Guy's like a fish on a bicycle out there.

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

Walton

Sevelj Gallagher Graham

Thomson Docherty Sibbald Ferry

Babunski

VDS Trapanosvki 

This 

I think if all goes well the best thing for Moult and the club is he's primarily an impact player. Remember old-school Gary McSwegan? Bringing on a penalty box predator with 15-20 minutes to go against a defence battered by Olofson (VDS) and tired out chasing Winters (Trap)? 

In games where we maybe want to have more of a go have Kai upfront as well and a 2 man midfield but for now have him off the bench

I joked last week that Watt might play for the B team vs Buckie. Didn't actually think it would happen.

Bit sad really. He's a complex character, and we definitely aren't getting value for money from him, but no player seemed to enjoy league win last season more than him. And yet here he is now playing with the B team 

2 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Only over age player in the squad as well.  Thought might have been a chance to give Odada some game time.

I thought that would have made sense going by reports from Friday night.

Isn't that Kevin Holt on the bench as the other over age player?

Brandon Forbes obviously considered a first team player too

5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I thought that would have made sense going by reports from Friday night.

Isn't that Kevin Holt on the bench as the other over age player?

Brandon Forbes obviously considered a first team player too

Think we have a youth player called Holt