5 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Twitter deleted, and Utd references gone from Instagram bio. 

😄

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

That'll be that then. Will always be a character that splits opinion. His time at us was so so. Probably a 5/6 out of 10. Not bothered one jot that he's going but I hate when they leave on bad terms. No one really knows what's gone on behind the scenes but you can only suspect that his attitude has let him down again. 

I wish him well wherever he ends up. 

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Absolutely no chance Graham or Holt are playing LWB. Middleton's the obvious cover in that position and beyond that you're probably looking at Thomson or Sevelj being asked to fill in.

Not LWB as such more of a stay back LB

11 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Twitter deleted, and Utd references gone from Instagram bio. 

😄

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

It's sad he doesn't seem able to break out of this cycle, even now he's in his 30s. Despite everything, I hope he's OK. You never really know what's going on in someone's head.

Watt not even on the bench

Babunski captain on his league debut

Miller-Thompson as RWF? Wonder if hes really RWB and Seveij and Sibbald are central behind Babunski? Love this app but it sometimes takes an educated guess at where folk line up (Grimshaw at RB last year caused it no end of bother)

And breathe?

So front to back:

Walton should do better with the goal. Has barely been needed apart from that

Holts not good enough and pushing Graham onto the wrong side causes two problems

Ferry hasn't dropped below a sprint. 100% effort 100% of the time.

Severij actually looks pretty solid? He's obviously out of position, he'd be more comfortable as the RCB but he's done a decent job today

Sibbald and Babunski very much not being overwhelmed, but not controlling the game either. More to come from the latter?

Trap and MT have been dynamic and dangerous. Trap in particular is linking well with Ferry and that's hopefully going to be a potent combination this year

VDS looks like the sort of tireless, thankless forward who scores 7 and sets up, directly or indirectly 17. Our Landon Dykes maybe? More a strategic player than a tactical one, causing trouble and creating space rather than a predator like Moult.

Dundee are not out of this by a long shot, but after coming into this very nervous about being blown away by an established, disciplined side used to working together this is an immensely heartening display from a team still bedding in.

8 minutes ago, Ascal said:

And breathe?

So front to back:

Walton should do better with the goal. Has barely been needed apart from that

Holts not good enough and pushing Graham onto the wrong side causes two problems

Ferry hasn't dropped below a sprint. 100% effort 100% of the time.

Severij actually looks pretty solid? He's obviously out of position, he'd be more comfortable as the RCB but he's done a decent job today

Sibbald and Babunski very much not being overwhelmed, but not controlling the game either. More to come from the latter?

Trap and MT have been dynamic and dangerous. Trap in particular is linking well with Ferry and that's hopefully going to be a potent combination this year

VDS looks like the sort of tireless, thankless forward who scores 7 and sets up, directly or indirectly 17. Our Landon Dykes maybe? More a strategic player than a tactical one, causing trouble and creating space rather than a predator like Moult.

Dundee are not out of this by a long shot, but after coming into this very nervous about being blown away by an established, disciplined side used to working together this is an immensely heartening display from a team still bedding in.

Disagree about Sev, looks far better RWB or DM. Would rather Harding RCB and Graham LCB.

VDS is gonna be some player holding the ball up for us this year allowing others to score.

22 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

VDS is gonna be some player holding the ball up for us this year allowing others to score.

I compared him to Emile Heskey and my mate hasn't stopped laughing, but I stand by it!

We'll win games playing like we did in the first half. Definitely some promising signs. Gutted not to take three points, especially with Trap getting levelled when clean through and Moult getting figure-four leg locked to the ground at the death. Its a definite penalty at the other end (wrong footed tackle from a left footer playing on the right) but would have been nice to have VAR at both ends.

However, I woke up this morning worried we'd get outplayed and overwhelmed and we definitely didn't so theres that.

Think it's glaringly obvious after that what exactly United need.

He's northern Irish and he plays for a team in blue along the road.

Graham looks far better on the left and Holt is only good enough for cover.

Not displeased with that today but we definitely need another body at the back and we'll be much better balanced.

Cover for LB would be nice but who do you bring in as Ferry looks sensational tbh.

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think it's glaringly obvious after that what exactly United need.

He's northern Irish and he plays for a team in blue along the road.

I'll admit that absolutely baffled me until I realised the blue was lighter and the road was longer than I'd assumed but yes, absolutely would love bringing him back.

3 minutes ago, Ascal said:

I'll admit that absolutely baffled me until I realised the blue was lighter and the road was longer than I'd assumed but yes, absolutely would love bringing him back.

He had me looking up their squad listing and wondering why he wanted Trevor Carson back...

10 minutes ago, AlexDolan said:

He had me looking up their squad listing and wondering why he wanted Trevor Carson back...

Are you me? I was looking at Transfermarkt muttering stuff like "do they mean Joe Shaughnessy? He's ROI, right?" Glad it wasn't just me

Having stopped fuming at a coupe decisions that let's say could have gone either way a draw was probably fair. Just. Kinda. They definitely had a period in the second half where we were camped on our 18 yard line struggling to break away and hands up and I thought Tiffony was the game-changing sub that JG needs to learn how to make (hint, put them on before 88 minutes, boss). Murray came into the game last 20 minutes as well having been pretty anonymous up until then.

Trap should have done better in the second half, but he was excellent in the first half. Him and MT look a dangerous pair of inside forwards. Will Ferry was my Man of the Match on sheer effort alone. Haven't seen a  100% shift like that since, what? Fuchs? Flood? Gomis?

Vicko settled a lot of nerves with his display, I'm not sure I agree with my esteemed colleague @ArabianKnightthat he's a better RWB than RCB but we'd have to agree that he cant play both so we need someone there. (Vickos old Croatian youth team mate Dominik Orosz is a free agent after aome time in Holland - long shot but if it happens heard it here first). Holt can take a penalty but that's the end of my list of positives, he actually makes the team worse by forcing Graham out of position. Liked Gallagher in the middle tho, and credit VDS and Sibbald doing the hard work the system needs. Decent point all said and done, and lets see what happens in two winnable games coming up.