Tranent 24/25

5 hours ago, beachboy said:

Last 18 league games - P: 18  W: 6  L: 9  D:3  21/54 points, two home wins during 2024, hardly an inspired run of form.

Tell that to your own/Tranent supporters. No many, who are competing anyway, are  positive at the current way Tranent are being run at moment. If course I may very well be wrong👍

8 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Tell that to your own/Tranent supporters. No many, who are competing anyway, are  positive at the current way Tranent are being run at moment. If course I may very well be wrong👍

How Tranent are being run, that's a big statement CJ.

From nearly being out of extinction in 2014, to now competing at the higher end of Tier 5 football at a stadium that's a proper wee ground, surface one of the best in the league. The surroundings are equally impressive and you're telling me the current Tranent fans aren't positive about the way the club is being run. 🤣

3 hours ago, beachboy said:

How Tranent are being run, that's a big statement CJ.

From nearly being out of extinction in 2014, to now competing at the higher end of Tier 5 football at a stadium that's a proper wee ground, surface one of the best in the league. The surroundings are equally impressive and you're telling me the current Tranent fans aren't positive about the way the club is being run. 🤣

Getting Irate at the wrong person Beechboy. Have a look at Tranent FC Supporters page on Facebook. Look at what your fellow fans are saying about Yano's sacking, eg about the timing, about Tranent allowing Yano to bring in all the players then Tranent getting rid of him. You even have an ex proffesional goalkeeper (I think), who's a Tranent supporter who is not happy. Fans wondering why the need to go through so many managers. Why are you (perhaps you have) not going on Facebook and giving your thoughts there as opposed to having a go at me? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but tell me where I have said anything about Tranent nearly going out of existence in 2014 (wasn't aware by the way). Tell me where I've moaned about how in 10 years, you've gone, from nearly bust, to now being a Tier 5 team - huge achievement by the way!

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Getting Irate at the wrong person Beechboy. Have a look at Tranent FC Supporters page on Facebook. Look at what your fellow fans are saying about Yano's sacking, eg about the timing, about Tranent allowing Yano to bring in all the players then Tranent getting rid of him. You even have an ex proffesional goalkeeper (I think), who's a Tranent supporter who is not happy. Fans wondering why the need to go through so many managers. Why are you (perhaps you have) not going on Facebook and giving your thoughts there as opposed to having a go at me? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but tell me where I have said anything about Tranent nearly going out of existence in 2014 (wasn't aware by the way). Tell me where I've moaned about how in 10 years, you've gone, from nearly bust, to now being a Tier 5 team - huge achievement by the way!

I don't actually think getting rid of Yano is the wrong decision. I stand by it should've been made at the end of the season. As has been said, our league form has been pretty average. For a while, we've been dropping more points than we've been winning especially at home. Minus the cup win last season, there hasn't been much evident on the park in the way of us 'progressing' in the Lowland League. Last season's finish was respectable, but below par of the expectations on us at the start. I'm pretty confident that the *right* manager (that's a big question mark, really) gets a better tune out of these players.

16 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Irate at you CJ, not the case, you like all posters are entitled to spout off whatever you feel to be relevant and 'factual'

I merely answered your comment that our fans aren't happy with the way the club is being run. Unfortunately the current board need to make some real difficult decisions. After all, we are all unpaid volunteers who invest many hours throughout the reason to make sure the club is on a sound footing both on and off the park. Regardless of what team you follow, fans will have differing opinions on managers, players and board members, that's just fitba.

You do however like to have a dig at Tranent CJ!!

3 hours ago, beachboy said:

Irate at you CJ, not the case, you like all posters are entitled to spout off whatever you feel to be relevant and 'factual'

I merely answered your comment that our fans aren't happy with the way the club is being run. Unfortunately the current board need to make some real difficult decisions. After all, we are all unpaid volunteers who invest many hours throughout the reason to make sure the club is on a sound footing both on and off the park. Regardless of what team you follow, fans will have differing opinions on managers, players and board members, that's just fitba.

You do however like to have a dig at Tranent CJ!!

I think my only, certainly main dig at Tranent is the amount of managers you have had in the past few years, since I think Darren Smith was co-manager - won two cups, which was magnificent at the time for your club, then both were gone shortly thereafter. Then you've had an array of managers in past 6-7 years. You tell me one other club in EoS or Lowland League who has had more managers that Tranent in that time and I will give you a huge apology. 

Player turnover at Tranent has been pretty huge over same period, but someone (maybe you?) challenged me on that aspect before, so I've tapered my thought. Again though, apart from East Kilbride, Tranent must be up there in past few years with turnover of players. Not sure that is a dig, but maybe an interpretation of words which I won't argue with you about. Yip I am opinionated, but don't think that is wrong and if anyone proves me wrong, which does happen - I am happy to apologise and say I am wrong.

Again, beachboy, I go back to my earlier question/thought. You can challenge me all you like as a non-Tranent supporter, but do you equally question your own fans, who have said the same thing as me on their own Facebook page! 

I challenge anyone who says things about Haddington (on twitter), if I think they are wrong, just like you are doing with me. However, I think, more than not, that I can back my arguement(s)/discussions up.

Cheers and thanks for our wee chats👍

39 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I think my only, certainly main dig at Tranent is the amount of managers you have had in the past few years, since I think Darren Smith was co-manager - won two cups, which was magnificent at the time for your club, then both were gone shortly thereafter. Then you've had an array of managers in past 6-7 years. You tell me one other club in EoS or Lowland League who has had more managers that Tranent in that time and I will give you a huge apology. 

Player turnover at Tranent has been pretty huge over same period, but someone (maybe you?) challenged me on that aspect before, so I've tapered my thought. Again though, apart from East Kilbride, Tranent must be up there in past few years with turnover of players. Not sure that is a dig, but maybe an interpretation of words which I won't argue with you about. Yip I am opinionated, but don't think that is wrong and if anyone proves me wrong, which does happen - I am happy to apologise and say I am wrong.

Again, beachboy, I go back to my earlier question/thought. You can challenge me all you like as a non-Tranent supporter, but do you equally question your own fans, who have said the same thing as me on their own Facebook page! 

I challenge anyone who says things about Haddington (on twitter), if I think they are wrong, just like you are doing with me. However, I think, more than not, that I can back my arguement(s)/discussions up.

Would like to see Daz come back onto the coaching setup if Horn gets the job

Five Tranent managers have won silverware at the club in the past eight years. For context, that's as many managers as we'll have been through in the past 2 years when the next one is appointed. No one can deny the speed of managerial turnover at the club, but there's a case to say the approach has worked.

25 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Five Tranent managers have won silverware at the club in the past eight years. For context, that's as many managers as we'll have been through in the past 2 years when the next one is appointed. No one can deny the speed of managerial turnover at the club, but there's a case to say the approach has 

If it has worked, then why so many changes Omni? 

No denying that in last 6-8 years, Tranent have been the most successful East Lothian club at our level. Great achievement getting as far as Lowland League and I know at least, that's where Musselburgh wanted/thought they'd be by now.

But for me, if we (East Lothian teams) want to be known as community clubs, yes we want to be successful, but we also want to see players coming through the ranks of U20s, signing for the main team and then staying there. Going through 5 managers in 2 years and the coming and goings of players - where is the community spirit in that. I agree with a lot of what you say as you tell it when it's good as well as bad👍

Anyway, I'm repeating myself so time to move on.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

If it has worked, then why so many changes Omni? 

No denying that in last 6-8 years, Tranent have been the most successful East Lothian club at our level. Great achievement getting as far as Lowland League and I know at least, that's where Musselburgh wanted/thought they'd be by now.

But for me, if we (East Lothian teams) want to be known as community clubs, yes we want to be successful, but we also want to see players coming through the ranks of U20s, signing for the main team and then staying there. Going through 5 managers in 2 years and the coming and goings of players - where is the community spirit in that. I agree with a lot of what you say as you tell it when it's good as well as bad👍

Anyway, I'm repeating myself so time to move on.

Great news that you've decided to move on CJ.

19 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Most of the fans I've spoke to that actually attend games are absolutely fine with the decision given our record since the start of the year.  The club have to try and progress in any way they can.  If that means changing managers then so be it.  We all have faith in the Tranent Committee

Scott McCrory-Irving was in starting 11 for Broxburn yesterday... not sure if signed or come in on loan. Hard to judge after one very windy game... but what's the Tranent fans verdict on him? Decent? Good addition for Broxburn?

4 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Scott McCrory-Irving was in starting 11 for Broxburn yesterday... not sure if signed or come in on loan. Hard to judge after one very windy game... but what's the Tranent fans verdict on him? Decent? Good addition for Broxburn?

He has signed for you, he will do all right for you but missed nearly all the preseason,  so is not fully fit.

24 minutes ago, half wit said:

He has signed for you, he will do all right for you but missed nearly all the preseason,  so is not fully fit.

Cheers! He looked pretty decent, but did have what looked a couple of tired touches in 2nd half which likely a result of the lack of preseason. 

8 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Don't seem to be in any rush to announce the new manager.

Had that confirmed by davie innes today,  and also no chance it will be Robbie horn. Too negative apparently.