Premier Sports TV Deal

On 06/07/2024 at 23:45, kenrobell said:

Scottish soccer's SPFL has today announced a new broadcast deal with UK and Ireland pay-TV network Premier Sports through the 2028-29 season. 

24-25 to 28-29 is four seasons 

1. 2024-25
  2. 2025-26
  3. 2026-27
  4. 2027-28
  5. 2028-29

On 10/07/2024 at 11:26, The Master said:

Having seen the streams on these dodgy sticks, they’re very much a case of getting why you pay for. If the ball is leaving a comet trail thanks to the <50fps frame rate, I’d rather pass thanks. 

However, I’m convinced that people have gaslighted themselves into believing the quality is fantastic just to think they’re getting one over on…someone.

Have you still been watchin Kodi sticks from about 15 years ago? 🤣

The quality of picture on my IPTV is excellent and there's no "convincing" or "gaslighting" involved in arriving at that viewpoint. It's obviously not HD but why would anyone expect it to be when it's an internet stream. I'd say mine is the equivalent of the TV picture quality prior to HD. Perfectly acceptable.

Also I (and I assume other IPTV users) don't think I'm "getting one over on" anyone. What I am doing is saving a significant amount of money yet still receiving a service and channel coverage that the likes of Sky users could only dream of. £65 a year vs double that a month charged by rip off b*****ds like Sky.

I'm in a very fortunate position where paying £100 a month or so for a TV subscription wouldn't be a problem, but I refuse to be royally ripped off by the likes of Sky, regardless of affordability.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You ask this, then go on to claim the quality you get is, er, on a par to broadcast TV from over 15 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The quality of picture on my IPTV is excellent and there's no "convincing" or "gaslighting" involved in arriving at that viewpoint. It's obviously not HD but why would anyone expect it to be when it's an internet stream. I'd say mine is the equivalent of the TV picture quality prior to HD. Perfectly acceptable.

Are you suggesting internet streams can’t be HD?

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

You ask this, then go on to claim the quality you get is, er, on a par to broadcast TV from over 15 years ago. 

Are you suggesting internet streams can’t be HD?

To be honest mate, the only thing I was really suggesting is that you were talking utter bollocks when you suggested that all IPTV streams are shite and that IPTV users are basically thick twats that are pretending their picture quality is of a decent standard. 
If I didn’t use the correct terminology to articulate that, I do apologise. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To be honest mate, the only thing I was really suggesting is that you were talking utter bollocks when you suggested that all IPTV streams are shite and that IPTV users are basically thick twats that are pretending their picture quality is of a decent standard. 
If I didn’t use the correct terminology to articulate that, I do apologise. 

You yourself have admitted they’re “shite” by saying they’re on a par with the quality of broadcast TV from 15 years ago. 

On your average modern TV, such picture quality will indeed look “shite”. To suggest anything else is the very definition of this meme:

1nhqil.jpg?a477960

34 minutes ago, The Master said:

You yourself have admitted they’re “shite” by saying they’re on a par with the quality of broadcast TV from 15 years ago. 

On your average modern TV, such picture quality will indeed look “shite”. To suggest anything else is the very definition of this meme:

1nhqil.jpg?a477960

Ok let me put this more simply. 
Ignore everything I said in mitigation as ill informed shite (akin to your own ill informed shite) and I’ll simply say…..

My IPTV picture quality is of a high enough standard that I barely notice the difference between my IPTV and normal telly. Neither am I kidding myself on in that respect.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ok let me put this more simply. 
Ignore everything I said in mitigation as ill informed shite (akin to your own ill informed shite) and I’ll simply say…..

My IPTV picture quality is of a high enough standard that I barely notice the difference between my IPTV and normal telly. Neither am I kidding myself on in that respect.

1nhqil.jpg?a477960 

For £70 a year (that's a year not a month) I get every sport channel, every film channel,  every television channel from across the world, all PPV, all the latest movies plus every boxset ever made. 

Compare that to paying Sky prices, probably around £1500 per year!!

I don't feel any shame in refusing to be ripped off either.  

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Also I (and I assume other IPTV users) don't think I'm "getting one over on" anyone. What I am doing is saving a significant amount of money yet still receiving a service and channel coverage that the likes of Sky users could only dream of. £65 a year vs double that a month charged by rip off b*****ds like Sky.

I'm in a very fortunate position where paying £100 a month or so for a TV subscription wouldn't be a problem, but I refuse to be royally ripped off by the likes of Sky, regardless of affordability.

1 hour ago, Derryboy62 said:

For £70 a year (that's a year not a month) I get every sport channel, every film channel,  every television channel from across the world, all PPV, all the latest movies plus every boxset ever made. 

Compare that to paying Sky prices, probably around £1500 per year!!

I don't feel any shame in refusing to be ripped off either.  

Same here, it's superb, pretty sure the sky games I stream are hd quality as well.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, The Master said:

1nhqil.jpg?a477960

Guy who’s been exposed talking shite and reverted to pointless meme found. 👍

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Guy who’s been exposed talking shite and reverted to pointless meme found. 👍

Says the person who admitted they themselves were taking shite. 

7 minutes ago, Shankland1874 said:

Does anyone have any discount codes for this

I got an email FITBA99 to get 12 months for £99. Not too bad.

Also anyone claiming IPTV quality is shite has clearly never watched it and thinks it is still hesgoals or something.

36 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I got an email FITBA99 to get 12 months for £99. Not too bad.

Also anyone claiming IPTV quality is shite has clearly never watched it and thinks it is still hesgoals or something.

Yeah sounds decent. Used to have an account with via play. Iptv has benefits but the multi game stream sounds good and showing Scottish prem league games too

19 minutes ago, Broughty said:

How many months does one need to keep it. £9.99 a month seems a good deal but you need the option to cancel after the cup is finished.

It’s either 9,99 per match day (online games only), 10.99 a month if sign up for 12 months or 15.99 per monthly on a month to month basis

Fucking delighted with this.

I've had absolutely no football tv subscriptions in the house ever, but I've happily stumped up for Premier Sports for this one. Looking forward to watching Dundee v Hearts from the house as well as Ross County v Aberdeen in the opening few weeks of the season. Those early picks are very promising and aperfect alternative for someone like me who doesn't have any interest in what Sky shows.

Great news.

Does anyone know how to access the Premier pass games if you are subscribed through sky? 

Can you access it via red button on Premier sports or can you only watch this via the app? 

Many thanks 

Edited by aberdeen1970