Premier Sports TV Deal

Posted (edited)

Currently £99 for 12 months of Premier Sports if you pay up front. Subscribing next Tuesday would take you until 11.6.25 for:

• All 6 of Scotland's Nation League games in the autumn
  • The first 4 of Scotland's World Cup qualifier games next year
  • Any Scotland friendlies
  • Scottish league cup
  • Scottish cup
  • 20 Scottish Premiership games
  • La Liga 
  • German Cup
  • Italian Cup
  • Copa America (if you're a night owl)

It's actually not a bad deal, certainly compared to Sky Sports and TNT. They may well bump up the prices shortly though.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

5 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

This deal will probably only have one or two matches involving those teams.

It'll mostly be games like Killie vs Hearts, Aberdeen vs Hibs, St Johnstone vs United that are included. 

St Johnstone against anyone, please no.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Ditto Aberdeen.

Absolute gross football*.

* Trade description violation.

Don’t take it personally. Very few people enjoy watching your team, and going by comments on P&B, that includes most Saints fans.

Any idea what timeslot they will use? 

Sky's almost exclusive graveyard slot of 12.00 Sunday is awful for fans (Although I don't mind it living abroad). More Saturday 5.30 kick offs would be good though. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

Don’t take it personally. Very few people enjoy watching your team, and going by comments on P&B, that includes most Saints fans.

Not personal at all, we all dread the Aberdeen games. Not because we will lose, the chances of that are slim(unless the refs get involved) more because of the turgid shite Aberdeen call football.

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Not personal at all, we all dread the Aberdeen games. Not because we will lose, the chances of that are slim(unless the refs get involved) more because of the turgid shite Aberdeen call football.

Does feel like you took that personally, tbqh. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Does feel like you took that personally, tbqh. 

Aye, it does read like that. Just typing what I see pal. You surely can't dispute it though? We may be two shite football teams and the games are mostly brutal but it takes two to make a game, sadly every Aberdeen game is the same imo.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Aye, it does read like that. Just typing what I see pal. You surely can't dispute it though? We may be two shite football teams and the games are mostly brutal but it takes two to make a game, sadly every Aberdeen game is the same imo.

Unfortunately we just can't avoid being dragged down to your level.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

They do have a history of being shite. But not always. 

Mcinnes leaned into matching up to Tommy Wright because you kept getting the better of us and bullying us in games, that was the beginning of these fixtures becoming utterly unwatchable. Remember a season opener at mcdiarmid that was 0-0 and absolutely horrible. 

I think since that we’ve both just been terrible tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Mcinnes leaned into matching up to Tommy Wright because you kept getting the better of us and bullying us in games, that was the beginning of these fixtures becoming utterly unwatchable. Remember a season opener at mcdiarmid that was 0-0 and absolutely horrible. 

This.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That season we won 5-1 at Pittodrie & 3-0 at McDiarmid ( there was a 4-3 Aberdeen won too) McInnes stopped that & been an average of about 1 goal a game since.

Edited by Steve McQueen

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

That season we won 5-1 at Pittodrie & 3-0 at McDiarmid ( there was a 4-3 Aberdeen won too) McInnes stopped that & been an average of about 1 goal a game since.

There was a 1-1 at mcdiarmid when Rooney scored a screamer but in reality you should’ve comfortably beat us. Think it was Steven Maclean was bullying us all night. 

All these games led him to change our style when we played you. 

On 06/06/2024 at 08:36, Steve McQueen said:

That 5-1 was ridiculous. Easton (I think) scored an absolute screamer. Everything St Johnstone put on goal seemed to go in. We had balls literally rolling along the goal line with nobody to tap them in. Couldn't even walk away from it angry.

• 4 weeks later...

I can only see this new deal as a big positive. If it's true it doesn't include Celtic and Rangers home games then that's even better. A great chance to showcase the league. 

It should mean any Edinburgh Derbies not picked up by Sky will be on TV as well as the other 2/3 Dundee Derbies. But outside of that I think there is plenty of attractive gamese. Hearts v Aberdeen, Hibs v Aberdeen, Dundee United v Aberdeen obvious ones but even ordinary games like St Mirren v Kilmarnock, or Motherwell v Hearts would get plenty of interest. 

31 minutes ago, Buckets said:

I can only see this new deal as a big positive. If it's true it doesn't include Celtic and Rangers home games then that's even better. A great chance to showcase the league. 

It should mean any Edinburgh Derbies not picked up by Sky will be on TV as well as the other 2/3 Dundee Derbies. But outside of that I think there is plenty of attractive gamese. Hearts v Aberdeen, Hibs v Aberdeen, Dundee United v Aberdeen obvious ones but even ordinary games like St Mirren v Kilmarnock, or Motherwell v Hearts would get plenty of interest. 

They've already picked Dundee vs Hearts as their opener on MD2, so that'll give you an idea of what they're going for. It's only two games per ground they have so they'll need to be cute with picks at Tannadice, Dens, ER and Tynecastle. 

Notably Sky have already selected two Dundee Derbies - so there's only one left for Premier to go for on the 15th March - which they'll go for as its the same weekend as an Old Firm clash. I

The first Edinburgh Derby is on 26th/27th October - which is a non-FA Cup weekend with Motherwell vs Celtic on as well, so it could be a toss-up for Sky as to which one they go for (Sky probably only have space for one SPFL match most weekends this season). It's also a European midweek so the Derby will be a Sunday in any case. It's also the weekend of Aberdeen vs United too - so all three could be televised if Sky use their imagination.

On 05/06/2024 at 15:35, Ray Patterson said:

The way it should work next season is that Sky have to show 42 games minimum but have the rights to 60, which is five matches per each ground (plus an extra one at Celtic Park for Flag Day) and Premier have an additional 20 games that are two matches at the ten diddy grounds.

So looking at the first few games of last season expect something like

Reveal hidden contents

MD1:
Sat  5 Aug    12:30    Celtic vs Ross County - Sky
Sat  5 Aug    15:00    Dundee vs Motherwell - 
Sat  5 Aug    15:00    Livingston vs Aberdeen
Sat  5 Aug    15:00    St Johnstone vs Hearts
Sat  5 Aug    17:15    Kilmarnock vs Rangers - Sky
Sun  6 Aug    15:00    Hibernian vs St Mirren

MD2:
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    Hearts vs Kilmarnock
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    Rangers vs Livingston
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    Ross County vs St Johnstone
Sat  12 Aug    15:00    St Mirren vs Dundee
Sat  12 Aug    17:30    Motherwell vs Hibernian - Premier
Sun  13 Aug    12:00    Aberdeen vs Celtic - Sky

MD3:
Sat  26 Aug    12:00    Ross County vs Rangers - Sky
Sat  26 Aug    15:00    Celtic vs St Johnstone
Sat  26 Aug    15:00    Hibernian vs Livingston
Sat  26 Aug    15:00    Motherwell vs Kilmarnock
Sun  27 Aug    14:00    St Mirren vs Aberdeen - Premier
Sun  27 Aug    15:00    Dundee vs Hearts

It's only 20 games, but that added with the extra Sky games (if they can be arsed to use them) should mean we'll get two games each week on the TV, and certainly not a repeat of the last few years when there's been some weeks with no matches.

Every day is Flag Day at Celtic Park. Just not our flag.