Germany - Scotland

Clarke masterclass incoming, a dogged draw or a momentous one goal victory.

Mixing Spain at home with the first 70 minutes against the Netherlands and invoking the spirit of Archie Gemmill.

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

You should watch France 98 again.

We should've got a point against Brazil and we should've beat Norway and Morocco.

The results didn't align with the application or attitude.

😂 Behave.

We were unlucky against Brazil. Point against Norway was pretty fair as I recall. We were absolutely honking against Morocco.

41 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Pains me to make the comparison as a Dee, but you’re right, England are a big team in global terms in a very similar way to Dundee being a big team in Scottish terms.

Glory years in the 60s, one of the biggest supports and consistently expected to achieve something at some point, but just…don’t.

Not for me to disagree with a fellow Dee but I don't think they are anything like related. If anything Dundee as a footballing nation would be more like Scotland. 

England are a big nation because they regularly reach the latter stages of just about every tournament they enter. That is facts not just my opinion.  

England are potential winners of this tournament and it wouldn't be a surprise if they did win it. Unlike a fellow 1 time winner such as Denmark or even Netherlands which would be a big shock if they won it again. 

Would I like England to win it? Please god no!!!! 

Would it be a surprise it England did win it? Absolutely not. 

I genuinely think that with a decent manager they would have won the last Euros.  

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😂 Behave.

We were unlucky against Brazil. Point against Norway was pretty fair as I recall. We were absolutely honking against Morocco.

I watched all three matches a few days ago.

Even the understated Paul Lambert admitted that we battered Norway and they were lucky to get a goal.

The Morocco game was one of those matches were the result overwrites the actual events.

A midfield of Lambert and Collins doesn't get outplayed. Both would absolutely swagger into our current midfield

Yes, the result would prove otherwise, but as I said, the result rarely reflects the performance.

I have no appetite to spend hours or days or week going back and forth on this or anything.

If you (or anyone else) disagree. Fine.

If you (or anyone else) agree. Fine.

Edited by SlayerX

Settle down, as much as other sides are ranked above us, we have a team with quality players, top end EPL players and a European cup winner.  we also has a manager that knows how to win that spent years working with Mourinho. 

If we were ever to do something then it would be now

I've got so used to our last seven games being meaningless/opportunities for experimentation that more than anything I'm just looking forward to seeing how we approach the game. 

It's a great chance for the team to show the rest of the continent that we're a good side worth taking seriously. In fact, it almost feels like the culmination of Clarke's tenure which is daft considering they can still achieve more. 

47 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I've got so used to our last seven games being meaningless/opportunities for experimentation that more than anything I'm just looking forward to seeing how we approach the game. 

It's a great chance for the team to show the rest of the continent that we're a good side worth taking seriously. In fact, it almost feels like the culmination of Clarke's tenure which is daft considering they can still achieve more. 

I'm hoping it's the next step in the evolution of the National team rather than the culmination of Clarke's tenure. This and the Nations League will be a big test of where we are.

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

I watched all three matches a few days ago.

Even the understated Paul Lambert admitted that we battered Norway and they were lucky to get a goal.

The Morocco game was one of those matches were the result overwrites the actual events.

A midfield of Lambert and Collins doesn't get outplayed. Both would absolutely swagger into our current midfield

Yes, the result would prove otherwise, but as I said, the result rarely reflects the performance.

I have no appetite to spend hours or days or week going back and forth on this or anything.

If you (or anyone else) disagree. Fine.

If you (or anyone else) agree. Fine.

Pretty much everyone here disagrees with you, I think a reality check is in order 🤔

Also, Lambert and Collins wouldn't swagger into our current midfield, ridiculous statement. 

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Paul Lambert won the Champions League with St Mirren and the Scottish Cup with Dortmund. Both great achievements IMO.

Yep.

A European Cup winner's medal in one pocket and Zidane in the other.

Juventus tried to buy him as a direct result.

Easily walk into our current team. A ball winning midfielder is actually one thing we're lacking, particularly one of Lambert's calibre (He was equal to Deschamps and Dunga).

Edited by SlayerX

25 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Pretty much everyone here disagrees with you, I think a reality check is in order 🤔

Also, Lambert and Collins wouldn't swagger into our current midfield, ridiculous statement. 

Collins played for Monaco side with Henry and trezeguet that beat man u and got to a champions league semi final

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Collins played for Monaco side with Henry and trezeguet that beat man u and got to a champions league semi final

He wouldn't swagger into our team though as suggested. He was a classy player but he would be fighting it out with the likes of McGinn for a place. The same goes for Lambert who was probably on par with McGregor 

I’m convinced he’s going to do something unexpected. Wouldn’t be surprised if Christie and Gilmour started, and we don’t have a striker on the field. 

I am certain that he has a specific plan to deal with Germany - much like we did with Spain.

Executing it requires some luck, and nobody scoring a 30-yarder like Philip Lahm or Torsten Frings, but we’re going to have a plan.