The Home Guard

Apart from the football (I thought Germany were brilliant on the night tbf) and the so called STV coverage (Matterface and Uncle Tam McCoist o.b.e.) had a good wee night.

Couple of pints in The Rock with pals. The pub was filling up fast with a pretty young squad of Scotland fans, which was good to see, but was going to be a nightmare to get served.

Anyway mate invited us up to watch game, ordered some Chinese foods and picked up a few cans.

Up the road and it was still light.

Home Tartan Army rules 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😂

Between the football and the boys, my night didn’t go as planned. Youngest felt a bit sick as we went for food and then just before kick off, when i got the drinks i had waited 40 minutes to get served for, he disappeared to the toilet to be sick. Managed to neck the two drinks i had bought in advance, managed to see about 5 mins of the half, plus just as the goals were going in before my dad was good enough to take us home. No drink in the house, so had to watch most of the second half with no drink, not even a Bru. All in all, a shit night. Maybe his gut was telling him something.

To be fair I imagine numbers has never seen "onus" written down. I have the opposite problem with words I've read but never heard spoken. I was mispronouncing "inculcate" and "flagellation" incorrectly for fucking ages which, as you can imagine, inculcated in me a propensity for self-flagellation.

Anyhoo.

I was also part of the Living Room TA (the German for that is not Lebensraum) and really enjoyed seeing Jürgen Klinsmann with the trophy. I didn't catch who the foxy wifie was beside him though.

Cracking stadium, excellent crowd and I am beyond delighted I didn't shell out to go.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

To be fair I imagine numbers has never seen "onus" written down. I have the opposite problem with words I've read but never heard spoken. I was mispronouncing "inculcate" and "flagellation" incorrectly for fucking ages which, as you can imagine, inculcated in me a propensity for self-flagellation.

Anyhoo.

I was also part of the Living Room TA (the German for that is not Lebensraum) and really enjoyed seeing Jürgen Klinsmann with the trophy. I didn't catch who the foxy wifie was beside him though.

Cracking stadium, excellent crowd and I am beyond delighted I didn't shell out to go.

Beckenbauer's widow I believe. 

On 16/06/2024 at 12:36, microdave said:

After touching down back in bonnie Scotland late last night, I am now one of the home guard. Had a blast in Munich but now looking forward to watching our next two games in my local.

Please tell me you are a walking talking jinx. Stuff like, every time you go to the toilet or to get a pie at a game you miss a goal. Or every time you hang washing out it rains. I’m looking for a scapegoat for Friday night and I’m hoping it’s you.

3 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Please tell me you are a walking talking jinx. Stuff like, every time you go to the toilet or to get a pie at a game you miss a goal. Or every time you hang washing out it rains. I’m looking for a scapegoat for Friday night and I’m hoping it’s you.

I don't go to the toilet during a game specifically so I don't miss a goal. I do sometimes miss them by not leaving the pub early enough. Our group's motto is that kick offs are overrated. I also check the forecast before hanging a washing out since I can't be arsed running out to bring it in. Obi Wan Kenobi will tell you that I'm not the scapegoat you're looking for.

15 minutes ago, microdave said:

I don't go to the toilet during a game specifically so I don't miss a goal. I do sometimes miss them by not leaving the pub early enough. Our group's motto is that kick offs are overrated. I also check the forecast before hanging a washing out since I can't be arsed running out to bring it in. Obi Wan Kenobi will tell you that I'm not the scapegoat you're looking for.

Sake. You could have just lied.