Guests in the Junior Cup

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

Not really, I met him once at a game though.

Ah no worries... secret?

Strange that a big club like St Cadocs withdrawing hasnt been advertised when we have the fanfare for comparatively smaller clubs "joining", right?

16 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

Ah no worries... secret?

Strange that a big club like St Cadocs withdrawing hasnt been advertised when we have the fanfare for comparatively smaller clubs "joining", right?

Didn't they just guest last year rather than join?

Maybe they fancy the easier pathway for the Strathclyde Cup/Cup Winners Shield. Less of a distraction than the SJC. Focus more on the Premier and getting licensed.

21 hours ago, Kennie said:

The dates were chosen, specifically to avoid clashes with other cups. We have offered to discuss all the dates with the other Organisations and will continue to try to find solutions beneficial to all concerned.

hi kennie its kennie here

hi kennie howre ye doing

no bad kennie but weve got the diddy cup to schedule kennie , can you postpone a few league games on saturdays please kennie

of course kennie no problem

thanks kennie i knew youd understand

44 minutes ago, Big Davy Boy said:

hi kennie its kennie here

hi kennie howre ye doing

no bad kennie but weve got the diddy cup to schedule kennie , can you postpone a few league games on saturdays please kennie

of course kennie no problem

thanks kennie i knew youd understand

Totally conflicted and should resign 

22 hours ago, Kennie said:

The dates were chosen, specifically to avoid clashes with other cups. We have offered to discuss all the dates with the other Organisations and will continue to try to find solutions beneficial to all concerned.

Genuine question. How can you avoid clashes when other cups haven’t announced their dates?

2 hours ago, To B or not B said:

Tranent joining Bo’ness in entering the cup.

Wonder if Linlithgow Rose may join if not this season then next season if this is true enough?

5 hours ago, To B or not B said:

Genuine question. How can you avoid clashes when other cups haven’t announced their dates?

I assume all Scottish Cup dates are known behind the scenes as the Highland League fixtures left gaps for them, 28th September and 26th October for rounds 1 and 2, guess the preliminary round will be 31st August so that clubs competing get a bye in the Junior Cup.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I assume all Scottish Cup dates are known behind the scenes as the Highland League fixtures left gaps for them, 28th September and 26th October for rounds 1 and 2, guess the preliminary round will be 31st August so that clubs competing get a bye in the Junior Cup.

You also have the South Challenge Cup to factor in.

34 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

A proper SFA non-league cup. With the final at a decent venue. Even somewhere like the revamped Somerset. 

iirc talks & meetings have taken place in the past year or two about an all encompassing non-league cup but never came to anything. Highland League & I think Lowland League weren't interested for a variety of reasons.

Edited by GNU_Linux

11 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

iirc talks & meetings have taken place in the past year or two about an all encompassing non-league cup but never came to anything. Highland League & In think Lowland League weren't interested for a variety of reasons.

Scottish football never helps itself does it.

17 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Scottish football never helps itself does it.

I can understand the Highland League not being interested, the potential travel would be very off putting.

14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

There was a North Challenge Cup as equivalent to SCC but it lasted 2 seasons. Had it gone on, merging would have been a possibility. SHFL fixture list is too unwieldy at this stage.

The thing about both the North & South Challenge Cups in the beginning they received funding from the SFA for the first two years. Something like £20k each a season as they transitioned from the old Qualifying Cup idea.

Once the money went the North packed it in as the Highland was expanding back to 18 teams.  They would have made it worked if there was something in it for them.

Even the South dealt with the lack of money by bringing in regionalisation for a bit when it was just SoS & EoS clubs at that point.

Unless the SFA  guarantee some funds for a national non-league trophy its not going to be the most appealing prospect for those not already in it. Highland, Lowland (especially ex-SPFL) already have a Scottish Cup and want to prioritise the security of a league season.

The SJFA admitted they were losing money on the old format. I wonder if that's the case now taking a minimum 15% off every game and doubling the semis with the larger share.