Guests in the Junior Cup

12 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Fish emoji anyone...

Are ye United or Athletic ?

Are ye Bo'ness Peoples Front or the Peoples Front Fae Bo'ness ?

We don't joke aboot serious things like this over here you know.

Its on their facebook.

image.png.b9fcd54291a10b1a22d91ab6919bfece.png

Only real way I could see it working is if they've quit the EoSFA, and the Qualifying Cup as the Lowland League does provide dates for it.

Still probably going to bump into the same issue that the EoSFL clubs have with fulfilling fixtures.

EDIT: Qualifying Cup early rounds have been played in August with the subsequent rounds in the 2nd half of the season. So maybe not that helpful after all. With the 34 Lowland games, the Scottish, SCC, League Cup, and SPFL Trust Trophy busy season for them.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

16 minutes ago, Big Davy Boy said:

why? what would posess you

No idea mate, I didn’t have anything to do with submitting the application.

If anything it comes as a surprise to me, I’m sure along with many other Bo’ness fans

Erm,...I was only kidding.

Strange though that last season a WoSL club (my wee team) played in the Southern Counties association cup as they've been members for a squillion years, the fixture secretary for the SoSL is (I think) the same lad that does the fixtures for the SCFA, he stays walking distance from their ground...Was there any mewling & whining about "conflict of interest", "rival organisations" and all that guff from certain clubs in the WoSL?

Nope.  Not a cheep. The clubs all just got on with it.

But, hey...juniors bad and all that.

6 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Strange though that last season a WoSL club (my wee team) played in the Southern Counties association cup as they've been members for a squillion years, the fixture secretary for the SoSL is (I think) the same lad that does the fixtures for the SCFA, he stays walking distance from their ground...Was there any mewling & whining about "conflict of interest", "rival organisations" and all that guff from certain clubs in the WoSL?

Sure there was.

image.thumb.png.a0b2c1185dd455be5549505297de1520.png

image.thumb.png.d5da15fc070117b8390720248f46e8fa.png

2 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

There was plenty moaning from Leith about the timing of their SRCC cup tie at the Meadow just before Chrissy and preferential treatment, blah, blah, blah.

12 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Great to see another  proud club joining the party and hope loads more do so to enhance it's level of respect   while serial losers like Clydebank turn their noses up at it 😁

Self confessed troll looking for a bite, again and again and again

Looks like there will be an extra round of fixtures... 31st August seems to be the opening Scottish Cup date for tier 6 clubs (who get a bye here), however the Scottish Cup round 1 is on 28 September so LL/EOS clubs will either have a league fixture scheduled or perhaps a South Challenge Cup game to work around.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Looks like there will be an extra round of fixtures... 31st August seems to be the opening Scottish Cup date for tier 6 clubs (who get a bye here), however the Scottish Cup round 1 is on 28 September so LL/EOS clubs will either have a league fixture scheduled or perhaps a South Challenge Cup game to work around.

The dates were chosen, specifically to avoid clashes with other cups. We have offered to discuss all the dates with the other Organisations and will continue to try to find solutions beneficial to all concerned.

13 minutes ago, Kennie said:

The dates were chosen, specifically to avoid clashes with other cups. We have offered to discuss all the dates with the other Organisations and will continue to try to find solutions beneficial to all concerned.

When you say ‘we’ you are wearing your SJFA hat and not your Wosfl one, yes?

Potential for an interesting conversation with yourself here by the look of it…  

30 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

When you say ‘we’ you are wearing your SJFA hat and not your Wosfl one, yes?

Potential for an interesting conversation with yourself here by the look of it…  

I hope all correspondence are in writing, emailing between his 2 different email addresses

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Thought i'd give Kennie Two Hats a greeny since his chums seem to have deserted him for some reason.

Maybe they're all away to watch Lesmahagow playing down at Gretna in a friendly.

And thus 24/25 kicks off all the way through to next May or more likely June.

3 hours ago, Kennie said:

Breaking news! (i feel like PED :D)

Speaking to a St Cadocs player this afternoon and apparently they have withdrawn from the Junior Cup?

Can you confirm if thats true Kennie?   Not heard any announcements, is it only teams joining that we are told about?

Will leave others to point out the ridiculous nature of a conversation of what fixture takes precedence between you and erm... you

What will be taken into consideration f there is a fixture clash?  Opinions of both teams?  Opinions of the teams scheduled opponents?