Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

I had a funeral this afternoon so had to sell my ticket and come home, and all I can say is it is absolute torture watching this sober and on TV. 

Welcome to the Home Guard my friend.

Started OK but after the goal it was pretty much all Switzerland and we're lucky to be going in with a draw.

Need to up our game again cos a Switzerland winner is coming if we don't get on the ball and up the field more.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sorry, but I don't think we've been up to much at all.

Better than Friday, but that's the lowest conceivable bar.

I'm angrier with Hanley than with Ralston for the Swiss goal.

Yeah, we are ropey as at the back. 

Teams know if they shut down our full backs we have no real out ball. Ralston being hounded constantly because that is how we play. 

Aye, so while we have done better than against Germany, I still don’t think we’ve been able to string many passes together.

Gilmour obviously adds a measure of calmness in the midfield, but it’s breaking down too quickly.

McGinn has offered very little here and is completely isolated. Christie on please.

Anyway, ‘mon the Scotland. Big second half coming up! 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It feels like others in the team are now compensating for him, whilst he's been chucked out of the way. 

We can't have that - he needs hooked. Put Tierney or even Robertson at RB if required, it's better than managing a player that is totally out his depth. 

Yeah they're carrying him now it's literally last resort to pass to him 

2 minutes ago, S7C said:

We play dinosaur football. You look at the likes of Georgia and Albania playing quick, counter attacking football and then you compare it to this aimless, hoofball and ask what we’re doing as a footballing nation.

Absolutely epic nail on the heid! Well done sir!  Greenies abound.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

A draw here would be a good result. Hungary the weakest out of the other three in the group and with it all on the line we’d have a chance.

Keeps it alive till Sunday.

I'd prefer it if we won tonight tbqh.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Are we the only team in the tournament that's done the inherently diddy tactic of smashing in out for a throw deep into the oppositions half from kick off?

5 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Joe Hart doesnt half talk some shite

To be fair he did point out that it want Ralston's first shitty inside pass, albeit quite tentatively as obviously they are recent team mates 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Yeah, we are ropey as at the back. 

Teams know if they shut down our full backs we have no real out ball. Ralston being hounded constantly because that is how we play. 

Watching the back line pass the ball around has nearly got me hiding behind the sofa.