Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

1 minute ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Got to drop this 3 at the back pish!

Our defence is shite, so we might aswell sacrifice that and chuck another attacking player in the line up and actually get some fecking width in the team and have a bit of a go.

There was times against Germany where there was no outball and no one on the wing, we Need to change that or we will get beat again.,

I watched the game on Friday with my dad, who doesn't even particularly follow football that much. Even he was asking why there was no one out wide.

11 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Our defence is shite, so we might aswell sacrifice that and chuck another attacking player in the line up and actually get some fecking width in the team and have a bit of a go.

There was times against Germany where there was no outball and no one on the wing, we Need to change that or we will get beat again.

For me it should be a 4-2-3-1 formation,

I would make several changes to the starting line up,

Clark

Ralston Hanley Cooper Tierney

Mctominay Gilmour

Forrest Mcginn Robbo

Shankland

If we play that team on Wednesday then we’re as well catching the next flight home after the game 

14 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

There was times against Germany where there was no outball and no one on the wing, we Need to change that or we will get beat again.

Clark

Mctominay Gilmour

Forrest Mcginn Robbo

Shankland

Zander Clark and Lawrence Shankland to start? 🤔 No prizes for guessing the team you support.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'd maybe quibble over the midfield a little, but the bigger point is that we have a midfield and two left backs, whereas they have a functioning team based around a good spine through keeper, central defence, central midfield and up front. Where they are stronger than us they're a lot stronger than us, and that's in both boxes where it matters most. Amdouni v Hanley and Akanji v Adams/ Shankland? Jesus. 

They also have experience of progress in tournaments while we have none, which has to count for a lot. 

Amdouni’s return last season was less than Adams generally gets at that level. 

Thwre is definitely some exaggeration of the Swiss players abilities going on in this thread - a few very good players and then some fillers. Better than us, but not by huge amounts. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Clark

Mctominay Gilmour

Forrest Mcginn Robbo

Shankland

That is utterly horrific.

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Zander Clark and Lawrence Shankland to start? 🤔 No prizes for guessing the team you support.

Aye and?

Better with two players that are actually scottish,

One of them who was poty in Scotland and scored 31 goals.

Have Scotland got options down the left side and right side of the defence? Hard to say anything about the striker when he didn't touch the ball but it makes me laugh thinking about Shankland as someone who remembers him at Beerschot.

24 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Aye and?

I'm not a fan of big Zander Clark. Gunn all day for me. You're letting club bias make the choice for you. I quite like Shankland to be honest. I think he'll start on Wednesday. 31 goals in the Scottish Premiership isn't that impressive, but POTY is good. He's a decent player, good enough to play for us and hopefully he can help us on Wednesday.

50 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Aye and?

I sense that you may struggle to differentiate between a football and a grapefruit.

Please submit 500 words on the matter.

6 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Clark

Mctominay Gilmour

Forrest Mcginn Robbo

Shankland

Jesus wept 😂.  You do know it’s James Forrest that’s in the squad and not Alan? 

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'm not a fan of big Zander Clark. Gunn all day for me. You're letting club bias make the choice for you. I quite like Shankland to be honest. I think he'll start on Wednesday. 31 goals in the Scottish Premiership isn't that impressive, but POTY is good. He's a decent player, good enough to play for us and hopefully he can help us on Wednesday.

Clarke or Gordon save 2 or 3 of the German goals. Angus Poppadom Gunn didn't even want to play for us and IMO isn't as good as the other two. Our best goalie, probably, is sitting at home.

As to Shankland, it's not just the SPFL though even there he's scored plenty against the big spending Ugly Sisters. He's scored in Europe and for Scotland too.

Have no idea why Steve Clark didn't try Adams and Shankland in attack.

And, Hanley ffs? Surely there has to be someone else or a different formation that doesn't rely on that donkey?

Edited by Crùbag

17 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Clarke or Gordon save 2 or 3 of the German goals. Angus Poppadom Gunn didn't even want to play for us and IMO isn't as good as the other two. Our best goalie, probably, is sitting at home.

As to Shankland, it's not just the SPFL though even there he's scored plenty against the big spending Ugly Sisters. He's scored in Europe and for Scotland too.

Have no idea why Steve Clark didn't try Adams and Shankland in attack.

And, Hanley ffs? Surely there has to be someone else or a different formation that doesn't rely on that donkey?

Perhaps, but Clark would just as likely let a pass back trundle over his foot for an own goal.  

Gunn is our best keeper by quite some considerable margin.  He’s not great, but he’s easily the best we’ve got and is going to start against Switzerland. 

Likewise Adams.  

Gunn

Ralston Hendry Hanley Tierney

Gilmour McGregor

McGinn McTominay Robertson

Shankland

Ditch 5 at the back as Switzerland, like Germany, only play 1 up top so by playing 5 at the back we'll be completely surrendering midfield again. Gilmour and McGregor in together as it's our best shot at keeping hold of possession. McGinn and McTominay have to start as they're our goal threat. Ralston starts as there's no one else. Shankland and Adams is a toss up but Adams has had a chance now, so I'd give Shankland one. Since we've for some reason taken 0 decent wide players, and are crying out for width, Robbo goes left wing as at least he'll stay wide and ping a decent ball in.

I'm aware the above is bonkers but in my mind it's either that or something which has been proven to not work (Tierney right back) or something which teams have clearly figured out how to play against (5 at the back with no width). 

Doesn't matter if it is Adams or Shankland, neither are going to get f**k all change from Akanji or Schar. Another long night I fear, the Swiss are a decent outfit, one loss in fifteen (albeit a good few draws). A 2-0 loss and our tournament over. 

I'd bin the back 5. The Germans did their homework and blew holes in it. Teams have worked out how to play through us. 

I know it's a system to get Tierney and Robertson working together down the left but I'd switch to a back 4 for this and put Tierney at right back with Hendry and Cooper/McKenna central. Hanley's not ready.

Midfield 3 of Gilmour, McGregor and Mctominay. Front 3 with Mcginn, Christie and Shankland or Conway.

Should be able to keep the ball better, gives us more threat in front of goal and eliminates our weakest link. Sorry Ralston but the Germans identified it and used it against us ruthlessly.