Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

Just now, embow said:

Rachel Corsie from Aberdeen and a Dons supporter. She is engaged to Lisa Aitken the Scottish International squash player. Her great grandfather was a Dons stalwart back in the day.

Now everyone is just thinking "can I turn them in a threesome?"

We are alive and kicking going into the last game. It’s very unlikely it will be a draw in that game as Hungary HAVE to win as well, would imagine both teams end up throwing everything at the last ten minutes if it’s a draw and there will be a winner.

It blows my mind that anyone is questioning Adams performance tonight. Thought his work rate was astonishing and he did a lot of great work for the team. Ralston a very obvious weak link, I said pre tournament I’d have tried a few different options out there. Also thought McKenna looked better when he came on than Hanley or Hendry. Wouldn’t be opposed to Christie in for McGinn next game 

1 minute ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Why would you ever bring that game up? 🤣

Because this scenario is a near mirror image of that.

Just now, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Much much better effort this time, but we just don't have the manpower to put these games to bed. Not buying this '1 point is fine' pish either, total loser mentality we need to shake.

Robertson and McTominay carry our chances so hard its ridiculous. Need much more out of McGinn and McGregor.

Exactly the whole 1 point is fine mentality is exactly why we've never been out a group. Can't just expect that cause Hungary are basically out that they're going to roll over.

For a team that lost both games Hungary are a really good team and barely lost a game in the last 3 years, a better version of us on their day.

Just now, ScottishZizou said:

We are alive and kicking going into the last game. It’s very unlikely it will be a draw in that game as Hungary HAVE to win as well, would imagine both teams end up throwing everything at the last ten minutes if it’s a draw and there will be a winner.

It blows my mind that anyone is questioning Adams performance tonight. Thought his work rate was astonishing and he did a lot of great work for the team. Ralston a very obvious weak link, I said pre tournament I’d have tried a few different options out there. Also thought McKenna looked better when he came on than Hanley or Hendry. Wouldn’t be opposed to Christie in for McGinn next game 

He was absolutely dead on his feet - that's why the sub should have happened sooner.

2 minutes ago, Venti said:

Only thing that gives me the fear is the result after 1-1 Norway in '98.

Hate to say it, but pre-tournament I saw it going identical to 1998. Lose to one of the big guns in the opener, a battling draw which does just enough to keep our hopes up, before the heartbreak…

You never know. I have a bit of hope after tonight.

4 minutes ago, Clubberlang said:

Tony Ralston is full on viewing of how the level of footballers in Scotland is regressing, im Not even joking when I say I’ve seen many better right backs in the junior game than him over the years he looks like he won a lottery to represent Scotland for the euros

am sure you are not even joking. 

Good that we’re still in with a chance of qualifying. The defence is ropey as f**k and will be even ropier minus Tierney. Hopefully we can keep on the front foot against Hungary like we did for periods tonight.

Billy Gilmour doesn’t start against Germany and gets subbed tonight but Ralston plays both games.That is why we will always be crap and Scottish managers are not fit for purpose.Robertson in interview after the game bigging up Ralston must think we are all just clueless punters.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m not a huge Clarke fan, but that’s a decent result.

We looked like a circus outfit on Friday and to come back with a point is a perfectly acceptable result.

Defence got better as the game progressed, Gunn made some saves, we had a bit of possession and created some chances.

We know we’re a very limited team at either end of the park, Switzerland have far more dangerous attacking players.

Hungary are all but out, are the poorer team out of the other three, so going into the last game against them with a chance of qualifying is fine.

Much better.

No they're not. It looks very likely Group B won't have a 3rd placed team that reaches 3 points, which means it only takes 1 of the other 4 groups to have the same scenario and then a Hungary win puts them through. Groups C, D and F all look possible for this to happen. Even if that doesn't transpire, being the first group we won't know by that point so Hungary's only chance is to go for it and get a win, they are just as dangerous as they would have been, if not more so.