Line up to play Switzerland

23 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This

Screenshot_20240615-115356.thumb.png.fa6a1014b65b4f99d74cec664af8dec1.png

McGinn for Christie would be something I'd consider as well as the above but just now I'd go for this. 

This is roughly what I was thinking, only a coin toss between Shankland as a target man or Conway who has a bit more mobility.

Not massively keen on Hendry and Ralston on the right, Hendry was ridiculously slow at playing the ball out to Ralston on Friday and Ralston couldn’t handle getting the ball under the slightest bit of pressure, but I don’t see any better options available.

McGregor and Gilmour have played well when beside each other most of the times they have done so, and getting McTominay and McGinn closer to the goal is absolutely needed in this one.

Keep Gunn in

McCrorie for Ralston

Hanley for Porteous

McĶenna for Hendry

Tierney and Robertson.

McGregor, Gilmour & McTominay

McGinn out, been out of sorts for a few games, don't blame him for Germany game, just a culmination.

Christie must play.

Adams deserves another chance.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Keep Gunn in

McCrorie for Ralston

Hanley for Porteous

McĶenna for Hendry

Tierney and Robertson.

McGregor, Gilmour & McTominay

McGinn out, been out of sorts for a few games, don't blame him for Germany game, just a culmination.

Christie must play.

Adams deserves another chance.

McGinn is in form at club level. McGregor is out of form at club and international level. If you're out of form at SPFL level that should set alarm bells ringing. Christie is playing deeper for Bournemouth and has been a revelation

1 minute ago, immcinto said:

McGinn is in form at club level. McGregor is out of form at club and international level. If you're out of form at SPFL level that should set alarm bells ringing. Christie is playing deeper for Bournemouth and has been a revelation

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

McGinn has been dross in a Scotland shirt for some time now.

McGregor has not been out of form for Scotland.

Christie offers a high press and always gives a threat.

That is my opinion and you are entitled to disagree.

Gunn

Tierney       McKenna        Hanley      Robertson

Gilmour

McGinn              McTominey              Christie

Forrest

Adams  

Forrest given a free role, Gilmour to drop in and cover for Tierney or Robertson bombing on. I know Tierney is on the wrong side but I'd rather him there than Ralston or McCrorie.

23 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Have you actually seen him play? Hes pish. 

Yeah I can't remember any Aberdeen fans greeting when he left and were happy to take cash for him. I appreciate he wasn't really a rb/wb for them but I think he has been playing there for Bristol more out necessity rather than have found his true position. 

Both him and Ralston are terrible options really to be having at this level. Folk seem to think that just chopping and changing will solve it but it won't.

48 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Maybe it's time to play Robertson in midfield and play Tierney LB.

Probably not the time to try this, but I do wonder why this was never tried (I don't remember it) a la Ireland  when they had 4 decent fullbacks and played 2 in midfield

1 hour ago, Maltese falcon said:

Probably not the time to try this, but I do wonder why this was never tried (I don't remember it) a la Ireland  when they had 4 decent fullbacks and played 2 in midfield

He rotates into wide midfield positions when Christie drops deep into the full back position. I think he played the second half of of our friendly against Turkey in wide midfield. Wing back is not far off a midfield position, length ways anyway. Not sure it would suit him to play from the centre circle.

Edited by 2426255

Robertson hasn’t done the inverted thing for Liverpool. Alexander-Arnold normally does that and when he’s not on the field, Joe Gomez does it. Tierney did it for Arsenal with disastrous consequences. I don’t think you want one of them inverting into midfield when our central midfielders are the main strength of our team anyway.

What I do think could be tried though is playing Robertson as a winger.