Hungary v Switzerland (time to forget perhaps?)

Sonam

The Swiss look like a solid second round/quarter-final side. On the plus side, they drifted well off in the second half and almost made a c**t of it. They should've tested the keeper a lot more too. We'll need a much better performance than we've produced in a while if we're going to have a chance of taking something from them.

Hungary were poor and Germany would've put a hatful past them today. Some dreadful passing and decision-making. If we're not at least competitive in that game, it'll be a huge minter.

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Our game next Sunday might be end up being meaningless they might be empty seats everywhere 

Was just thinking.  We could be out in less than a week. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Yeah, that was odd. You can’t rule out all teams finishing on 4 points when only one game had been played to a result. 

As it is now, wins for us and Hungary on Wednesday then a pair of draws in the final games leaves everyone on 4 points. 

I think he's assuming the Germans will win all 3 games.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Both beatable teams imo. Hungary's defence is terrible, made Switzerland look better than what they are.

Think it’s more that Switzerland’s forwards made Hungary look worse than they are.  

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Our game next Sunday might be end up being meaningless they might be empty seats everywhere 

Its nigh on impossible to be meaningless at the time, though it might very likely subsequently become meaningless.

It can only be meaningless at the time if both teams lose again Wednesday AND four of the other five groups are already guaranteed a 4 point 3rd place team (so 4 groups where the opening 4 games are won by 4 different teams). 

11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I think that is impossible since we play the last round of games first we should still be in contention for the 3rd place table.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its nigh on impossible to be meaningless at the time, though it might very likely subsequently become meaningless.

It can only be meaningless at the time if both teams lose again Wednesday AND four of the other five groups are already guaranteed a 4 point 3rd place team (so 4 groups where the opening 4 games are won by 4 different teams). 

I guess we have to wait for everyone to play for sure, but i think our goal difference, if you're adding in another loss, means we dont stand a chance of qualifying on 3pts.

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The Swiss look like a solid second round/quarter-final side

I believe the stat Tyldesley gave was that they got out of the group in the last 5 tournaments. They're consistently decent.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I guess we have to wait for everyone to play for sure, but i think our goal difference, if you're adding in another loss, means we dont stand a chance of qualifying on 3pts.

Depends on how many we pump Hungary by

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Switzerland will beat Scotland IMO.

Yeah.  They look a lot better right  across the pitch.  Hope I’m wrong but I can see 3-1 again.