New strips 24/25

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Mad that Queens have the shout for best and worst strips of the season. That is absolutely awful. 

A wild take. Fortunately we're not all of the same taste. I think it's tremendous and very comfortably the best of our three. It also won a fan vote for it. I won't say comfortably because the top two were very close but they were both miles ahead of the rest.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Bit of background, from the club OS ... designed by local school kids and chosen via the fans as a way to engage with the local young community ...

"As you may remember, earlier this year we announced that pupils from schools across Dumfries and Galloway would be given the opportunity to design our new third kit for the season ahead. From 1,571 entries across 34 schools, we managed to whittle it down to 10 design finalists. 6,000 fan votes later, we found a champion."

It's difficult to believe there were 1,570 designs that were worse than that.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

All very well, it still looks shite. 

9 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

It's difficult to believe there were 1,570 designs that were worse than that.

I never said you  had to like it ... just gave you the background to its origins.  FWIW the club works very hard behind the scenes, visiting the regions schools to try to attract younger supporters and show them that there is an alternative to the OF nonsense.  This is just one example of their innovative approaches to junior fan engagement.  It doesn't really do it for me, but I applaud the endeavour on behalf of the club and the kids.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A wild take. Fortunately we're not all of the same taste. I think it's tremendous and very comfortably the best of our three. It also won a fan vote for it. I won't say comfortably because the top two were very close but they were both miles ahead of the rest.

It is of course subjective and I doubt there are many Queens fans who give a shite what their third strip looks like but on a thread where there are some beautiful strips on show that energy can design drawn up by a prepubescent goth is at the bottom of the pile. 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I like all the Queen's strips, and I think that purple one is pretty cool!

Maybe a bit of bias showing but I agree, all three strips look good.

I think that if a 3rd strip is being produced, then it needs to be a bit different to stand out and make it worth getting the wallet out yet again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2024 at 17:24, Rory said:

preview.png.25f152ed5a34296c664cc957a52f3916.png

New Alloa away kit, probably do us into the 2030s.

Quite like it but still think Pendle are shite

Always thought Alloa made a mistake with that daft crest when it could have been really smart.
Not that an East Fife fan can say much about shit club crests..