Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

23 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Shankland has scored 18/21 (86%) for Hearts in the last two seasons and, as far as I can see, is the only regular taker for his club. I'd have been fine with him stepping up.

But as I said, missed three in a row for Hearts in the 2nd half of last season and lost the job to Jorge Grant who has taken them since when on the pitch.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Have been listening to some stuff covering the post mortem.

Missed Callum McGregor's post match interview where he claimed that the players "gave everything".

Utter shite. They'll be full of regrets for that inspiration, cowardly display.

He also claimed they still have 'belief' and 'confidence' that they can compete at this level.

Also utter pish, as shown by the total lack of belief and confidence.

After taking days to let it all settle in, assess and think about it all, cowardly is the word I keep coming back to regarding our "efforts" in this tournament 

7 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

After taking days to let it all settle in, assess and think about it all, cowardly is the word I keep coming back to regarding our "efforts" in this tournament 

Especially now having seen some of the teams that have went through. Funny what a bit of belief and effort can do. It's the minimum you ask for and we didn't get it. Pathetic few games. As scunnered with Scotland as I have been in eighteen years of going to games. Quite a feeling to have when you consider how shite we have been at various points in that period.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Who is this new player 'Macgregor' so many are talking about?

Could have used him, perhaps along with Adam, Shanklin, Forest, McRorie, Shanland and Adam's?

I swear one of the pundits said we had Ched Evans playing up front for us before the German game.

30 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Especially now having seen some of the teams that have went through. Funny what a bit of belief and effort can do. It's the minimum you ask for and we didn't get it. Pathetic few games. As scunnered with Scotland as I have been in eighteen years of going to games. Quite a feeling to have when you consider how shite we have been at various points in that period.

Shame you weren't around for all of the prior tournament collapses or you'd have been better prepared.

At this point, I think I could walk in on Scotland murdering my mother and feel only a twinge of annoyance at the inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I swear one of the pundits said we had Ched Evans playing up front for us before the German game.

Shame you weren't around for all of the prior tournament collapses or you'd have been better prepared.

At this point, I think I could walk in on Scotland murdering my mother and feel only a twinge of annoyance at the inconvenience.

Wouldn't trust Clarke at this point to direct eleven players through the front door if he had a key, so your mother is safe.

20 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Wouldn't trust Clarke at this point to direct eleven players through the front door if he had a key, so your mother is safe.

That's unfair.

Sir Steve's Scotland would arrive at the murder scene promptly, realise they'd left the murder weapon at home after confronting the victim, soil themselves in panic, then try stabbing/shooting them with a perennial plant they saw lying around, before being inevitably overpowered and collapsing into a sobbing heap, full of regret.

If I can take a tiny bit of schadenfreude from this endeavour, then I do find it quite funny that Orban's Boys went tonto at the end only for it to mean nothing. 

(Yes I know their one win this tournament is more than we've mustered in almost 30 years)

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

If I can take a tiny bit of schadenfreude from this endeavour, then I do find it quite funny that Orban's Boys went tonto at the end only for it to mean nothing. 

(Yes I know their one win this tournament is more than we've mustered in almost 30 years)

I am glad that they are out, not because they beat us but because they were absolute dog shite