Scotland's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Scotland's next permanent manager?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

The issue with Moyes is that there's probably a decent chance he ditches us the first time a #Barclays club flashes their knickers at him.

Left field jonny foreigner with tactical expertise and international experience for me pls.

Clarke will stay tho.

Maybe an Argentinian? 🇦🇷 

Why is there a long list of Scottish managers with almost zero success (never mind experience!) at international level?

Realistically Moyes is the only Scottish name on that list worth considering. The rest is a who’s who of absolute dross.

I’d much rather go for an experienced manager who has found success with other small nations, or clubs on a limited budgets.

If it was any other job on earth, that is EXACTLY who an employer would be looking at. Narrowing the list on nationality alone would get you thrown out of a role within the recruitment process. 

I doubt we need to concern ourselves too much with the potential candidates that we think may be in the running.

The job is Clarke’s to vacate, unless it goes horribly wrong during World Cup qualifying.

Even then, you would imagine we would be able to clinch a play-off spot now we are in with the tier 1 nations of the nations league. 

I would be genuinely surprised if the SFA binned him.  Given some of the names mentioned, it might be better to keep him too. 

The SFA aren’t going to sack him for the performance in this tournament, and nor should they really. 

It’s for clarke to have an honest reflection on whether he still wants to do it and whether he can reinvent the side again. 

19 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The SFA aren’t going to sack him for the performance in this tournament, and nor should they really. 

It’s for clarke to have an honest reflection on whether he still wants to do it and whether he can reinvent the side again. 

The SFA are probably just happy the team isn’t completely shit anymore. They now fill Hampden for competitive games. I was at Hampden for the 4-0 (going on 10-0) thrashing from Belgium in 2019 for a WC qualifier and there were 25,000 rattling about in there for a game against the top seeds in the group. Even the Finland friendly had 40,000 at it and most competitive games are selling out at the minute.

Edited by Scary Bear
Mixing up games

23 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

most competitive games are selling out at the minute.

Think that might be the significant part. Who will want to see more of the same from Scotland in the autumn? Something has to change.

25 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Think that might be the significant part. Who will want to see more of the same from Scotland in the autumn? Something has to change.

Think two of those games - Portugal and Croatia - were already showing as sold out. It’ll be the WC qualifiers they could struggle with.

Regards attendance at the NL games

I’ve already bought those tickets, can’t miss the points but am seriously considering entering then leaving the stadium 

Steve Clarke has shown this last 9 months/ year that he doesn’t have it to change when things don’t work.

Im not expecting anything different in the autumn and it doesn’t excite me one bit

We need someone with a proven ability to get his team punching above their weight for a sustained period, even when working with limited players and without the resources of his peers. Someone who has recent, up-to-date knowledge of modern footballing trends and hasn't been out of the loop for 10+ years. Someone the SFA can realistically afford, familiar with the culture and language.

Step forward Dick Campbell.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

The SFA are probably just happy the team isn’t completely shit anymore. They now fill Hampden for competitive games. I was at Hampden for the 4-0 (going on 10-0) thrashing from Belgium in 2019 for a WC qualifier and there were 20,000 rattling about in there for a game against the top seeds in the group. Even the Finland friendly had 40,000 at it and most competitive games are selling out at the minute.

🤣 christ, 1 win in 12 against Gibraltar!! Gibraltar must be completely shit then, is that the level.

1 hour ago, MarkoP said:

Regards attendance at the NL games

I’ve already bought those tickets, can’t miss the points but am seriously considering entering then leaving the stadium 

Steve Clarke has shown this last 9 months/ year that he doesn’t have it to change when things don’t work.

Im not expecting anything different in the autumn and it doesn’t excite me one bit

Isn't part of being a supporter supporting the team through the bad times and the good? Through thick and thin. Is that an old concept?

I'm not judging, I'm just curious as to when it turned from going along to support the team to expecting to be entertained. I suppose when you have to pay money for tickets then your expecting a return for that in the form of entertainment. Is that the logic?

Just now, Quentin Taranbino said:

I see Wales are considering Thierry Henry for their vacant job - wonder what sort of salary that would be?

Who fancies giving Rob Page the Scotland job?

8 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I see Wales are considering Thierry Henry for their vacant job - wonder what sort of salary that would be?

Christ I'd find him a Scottish granny and start him up front if we could

https://www.gambling.com/uk/news/next-scotland-manager-odds

Next Scotland Manager

Manager Odds Probability 

David Moyes    3/4    57.1% 

Derek McInnes    5/2 28.6% 

Russell Martin    3/1    25%

Stephen Robinson    4/1   20% 

Rafael Benitez    9/2    18.2% 

Alex Neil    6/1    14.3% 

Darren Ferguson    13/2    13.3% 

Frank Lampard    7/1    12.5% 

Duncan Ferguson    8/1    11.1% 

Brendan Rodgers    10/1    9.1% 

Neil Lennon    12/1    7.7% 

Steve Bruce    16/1    5.9%

Edited by Chripper

9 minutes ago, Chripper said:

https://www.gambling.com/uk/news/next-scotland-manager-odds

Next Scotland Manager

Manager Odds Probability 

David Moyes    3/4    57.1% 

Derek McInnes    5/2 28.6% 

Russell Martin    3/1    25%

Stephen Robinson    4/1   20% 

Rafael Benitez    9/2    18.2% 

Alex Neil    6/1    14.3% 

Darren Ferguson    13/2    13.3% 

Frank Lampard    7/1    12.5% 

Duncan Ferguson    8/1    11.1% 

Brendan Rodgers    10/1    9.1% 

Neil Lennon    12/1    7.7% 

Steve Bruce    16/1    5.9%

Does anyone think Moyes would take the job given what he said about the quality of players? From that list any of the top-3 would be fine by me if Clarke walks.

Edited by 2426255