Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This tournament is rapidly going downhill in entertainment stakes. Promising start but this is it now officially into 'Meh' tier in terms of overall tournaments.

Got to agree.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

That definitely didn't happen. Portugal were the only team to qualify with maximum points, in their group that was 30 from 30.

They did beat them 2-0 in a friendly in March though 

4 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Micah Ricards has really cultivated that "cheeky chappy that everyone loaths" persona.

He's really just employed for social media clips- the modern day equivalent of Question of Sport 'banter'.

Analysis better on ITV but even Keane was talking about how England have "momentum".

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

That definitely didn't happen. Portugal were the only team to qualify with maximum points, in their group that was 30 from 30.

Sorry, it was a friendly match that Slovenia won 2-0

Edited by Darth Crabbit

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Hearing Shearer talking about Ronaldo takes me back 18 years when apparently he mentioned Rooney should have stuck one on him.

Think it was due to winking at someone during a WCQF win for Portugal on pens.

Clearly he hasn’t retained Maradona type love north of the border, despite the meltdown that troll led to at the time.

I remember it and Rooney was philosophical about it, if you read his later comments.  The 86 handball was seen as an outrage, but by 98 Beckham was getting blamed for being daft enough to give someone an opportunity to get him sent off.  I never liked Ronaldo for club reasons  but he was good and I wish he'd jacked it in.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Anyway, hopefully the game tonight is better than that shitfest.

It started off brightly then faded away, I thought. Maybe the second half will be a belter...