Scottish Premiership Fixtures 24/25

Now we’ve got that international nonsense out the way nice and quickly, it’s time to get back to the real stuff. Premiership fixtures are out this morning at 9am.

Has anyone seen a leaked copy?

Who do you want in the first game?

Which conspiracy theory can you spot amongst the order in which you play each team? The wilder the better!

If only I could wake up this morning to find a Scottish fixture list without Celtic and Rangers. Ideally them having f*cked off to some other league, any other league that would take the cause of all things wrong in Scottish football!

Heard a wee rumour that we've got Rangers first (not ideal), which obviously would either be at home or on some random public park somewhere.

Hopefully wrong through as I'd like to try and get a good start and we used our "beat Rangers" special move last season, so it hasn't had enough years to power back up yet.

Would take Rangers at home first gets it out the way. Slightly irritates me that the ugly sisters never play each other on the opening day all because the supporters of each of them can’t be trusted (see also the fixtures post split ) Would give the league more publicity on the opening day if they did. 

25 minutes ago, scotdee said:

Ideally them having f*cked off to some other league, any other league that would take the cause of all things wrong in Scottish football!

As the English or some cobbled together domestic/Euro league are the only likely places the OF "could" go, it would end up with the OF making lots of money from that league, creating an even greater monopoly within Scottish football (allowing them to effectively dictate Scottish youth development), with the media focusing solely on the OF and the English/Euro teams they are playing while ignoring the domestic product, meanwhile their fans remain in Scotland being as dismissive, hateful and bigoted as ever.

It seems like the perfect idea, chucking them out, but it actually makes things worse! You'd lose the benefit of them being in the league, while keeping all the shitty stuff.

So we have it confirmed that we will either play Motherwell and County (at least) at another venue or the fixtures will get postponed if we can’t arrange somewhere.

ETA: unless we are now able to approach Motherwell and County directly to request reversing the home and away fixtures now that we know who we are facing.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

So we have it confirmed that we will either play Motherwell and County (at least) at another venue or the fixtures will get postponed if we can’t arrange somewhere.

As much as I have found this debacle amusing I don't see reversing one fixture as a massive issue as long as enough notice is given. It will discourage clubs from investing or upgrading infrastructure if they don't allow it.

It (possibly irrationally) annoys me that everyone's excited for opening day of the new season, big day, and there's only 2 games played on it.

We certainly don't do ourselves any favours in trying to make things seem like a special event. First day of the new season shoiuld absolutely be one of the biggest.

24 minutes ago, Al B said:

It (possibly irrationally) annoys me that everyone's excited for opening day of the new season, big day, and there's only 2 games played on it.

We certainly don't do ourselves any favours in trying to make things seem like a special event. First day of the new season shoiuld absolutely be one of the biggest.

Two of the games are always going to be on the Sunday for Europe anyway, so you're getting into "what's the point" territory after that surely. I'd say it's the best weekend to have quite a few games on TV, because fans will typically go to the first game anyway, and it means you get to promote most of the clubs and hopefully build up a bit of buzz.

Dundee Utd having two guaranteed home derbies in 8 out of the last 10 seasons we’ve been in the same league doesn’t feel right.

They always seem to alternate the Glasgow derbies, even though they’re both guaranteed 2 each.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Monday night at mcdiarmid is very funny from sky sports. Top trolling. 

I’m wondering if this will be the first of the new Premier Sports offerings? Could indicate more Monday night slots being used by them.

ETA: never mind, I’ve just seen the sky tweet saying they are showing all 4 games

Edited by AJF

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m wondering if this will be the first of the new Premier Sports offerings? Could indicate more Monday night slots being used by them.

ETA: never mind, I’ve just seen the sky tweet saying they are showing all 4 games

Just you stick to lobbying cooncils to give you a public park to play on. 

56 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s world football’s shite-est game and would have been perfect for Premier Sports.  Armchair fans should be kept away from games like this. 

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Now we’ve got that international nonsense out the way nice and quickly, it’s time to get back to the real stuff. Premiership fixtures are out this morning at 9am.

Has anyone seen a leaked copy?

Who do you want in the first game?

Which conspiracy theory can you spot amongst the order in which you play each team? The wilder the better!

Back to the tediously predictable, mind numbingly dull sectarian shite stuff you mean ?  International football is the real deal. The only deal.