Scottish Premiership Fixtures 24/25

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Usual complaint from me, in that there is usually many p-p games during the winter - why no midweek games in the so called professional league ? Not to worry, slowly sorting my holiday Aug 3-10 staying in Aberdeen.

Top flight leagues are not supposed to schedule matchdays on UEFA dates, which the vast majority of midweeks from August-November and February-April are. In the first instance, even if they did have games scheduled then several clubs wouldn't be able to play them since they'd be in Europe.

Every midweek is used for international windows, European* or Premiership games: bar 2 in early January and 1 in early February, plus 2 in early and late April (latter of which falls in the midweek between Scottish Cup SFs and initial post-split games so is effectively useless).

On paper 2 of those unused midweeks need to take in Premiership games displaced by League Cup SFs and Final, depending on affected clubs Euro commitments - though I see just Killie-Hearts, on Final weekend, involves 2 such.

So only oddity is using early Dec and late Feb midweeks but eschewing early Apr.

*There are a few midweeks when only some European competitions are active, with not every night used: Tue 24th Sep, Tue/Wed 17th/18th Dec and Tue 28th Jan... but some club will likely be involved.