What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

9 hours ago, 101 said:

I listened to Douglas Alexander’s interview on The Rest is Politics so you don’t have to.

What a slaver. No idea why the people of East Lothian gave him his political career back.

The definition of 'career politician'. 

I thought he was found out ten years ago when he got emptied. Short memories folk have.

21 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Starmer this morning talking of "chasing the benefit cheats".

He is a slightly taller Sunak.

It's a speech that could have been given by IDS.

Resurrecting the right wing bogeyman of benefit fraudsters just ends up vilifying the vast majority of decent honest people who claim benefits.

Why the f**k are Labour embracing a policy that was originally concocted to appease the prejudices of the swivel-eyed loons of the Tory Right?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

The definition of 'career politician'. 

I thought he was found out ten years ago when he got emptied. Short memories folk have.

I didn’t realise he was Edinburgh born and bred Tony Blair parachuted him into the Paisley by-election because they were all pals. Kinda stinks.

That and he was going on about being principled said brexit was awful and yet won’t say it should be reversed and then to top it all off said it’s good the public service people are back in Government and never reflected on his own expenses scandal.

37 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's a speech that could have been given by IDS.

Resurrecting the right wing bogeyman of benefit fraudsters just ends up vilifying the vast majority of decent honest people who claim benefits.

Why the f**k are Labour embracing a policy that was originally concocted to appease the prejudices of the swivel-eyed loons of the Tory Right?

Sir Kid Starver is getting increasingly frustrated at being asked questions that he believed his "I am a right wing populist and want to directly appeal to right wing people" t-shirt was already answering

54 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Starmer this morning talking of "chasing the benefit cheats".

He is a slightly taller Sunak.

Once again those people unfortunate enough to need or require benefits will be demonised.

I'll take a guess that the family who actually cheat benefits and vast sums of public money will be immune to this crackdown?

new-royal-portrait-10-03-2022-1659950043.jpg

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I didn’t realise he was Edinburgh born and bred Tony Blair parachuted him into the Paisley by-election because they were all pals. Kinda stinks.

That and he was going on about being principled said brexit was awful and yet won’t say it should be reversed and then to top it all off said it’s good the public service people are back in Government and never reflected on his own expenses scandal.

Yeah. He also had to resign from whatever high paying, low workload job he was parachuted into after his election defeat amid bullying allegations.

I'm sure there was an article with a journalist who met him pre 2015 election and saw through his bluster for the career politician that he was. I think he rocked up for a photoshoot for a building/project that was saved from closure despite doing nothing to assist.

I'll try and find it.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/sep/25/labour-leadership-loses-conference-vote-on-winter-fuel-payments

Conference rejects changes to the WFA.  Can’t wait for Starmer to reverse it.

Reveal hidden contents

Just kidding!

It was a non-binding vote so he'll just ignore it.