What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
20 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Johnson won't be available for PMQs tomorrow, Dominic Raab will be taking his place. Fair enough BUT - Diane Abbot will be taking Corbyn's place. Should really have been Emily Thornberry but she's out of favour with JC because she wants another referendum.!
You couldn't make this shit up. Corbyn's Labour Party are a complete rabble. If we do leave the EU without a deal I would blame them just as much as I would the fucking Tories.

As someone posted while back, Labour would cross the street to stand in dogshite. An utterly hopeless fucking rabble, north and south of the border.

I’m not a fan of Dianne Abbot’s but apparently it’s to celebrate Black History Month.  She will be the first black person to lead in PMQs.

4 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Johnson won't be available for PMQs tomorrow, Dominic Raab will be taking his place. Fair enough BUT - Diane Abbot will be taking Corbyn's place. Should really have been Emily Thornberry but she's out of favour with JC because she wants another referendum.!

You couldn't make this shit up. Corbyn's Labour Party are a complete rabble. If we do leave the EU without a deal I would blame them just as much as I would the fucking Tories.

Surely you should be blaming the Lib Dems? Not only do they not respect the democratic decision of the 2016 referendum. They spent 3 years campaigning for a 2nd referendum and now admit that they wouldn't even accept a 2nd Leave vote either. They say they want to do whatever is necessary to block a no deal - but refuse to accept that the democratically elected leader of the 2nd biggest party (by miles) should be the stand-in PM to do it? These guys might look harmless enough, but they are a serious danger to democracy, decency and fair play.

53 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Surely you should be blaming the Lib Dems? Not only do they not respect the democratic decision of the 2016 referendum. They spent 3 years campaigning for a 2nd referendum and now admit that they wouldn't even accept a 2nd Leave vote either. They say they want to do whatever is necessary to block a no deal - but refuse to accept that the democratically elected leader of the 2nd biggest party (by miles) should be the stand-in PM to do it? These guys might look harmless enough, but they are a serious danger to democracy, decency and fair play.

I agree the Lib Dems are badly at fault for refusing to accept Corbyn as an interim leader of a government of national unity, and despite my criticism of Labour, I would rather see him in charge for as long as it takes to ensure we don't leave the EU on a No Deal basis.

18 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
19 hours ago, strichener said:
You are usually so good at googling, find out for yourself.  It would probably be wiser for you to do this before posting absolute rubbish about how easy it is for EU countries to nationalise.

Make a claim, can't back it up, get shirty when called out. Strichner talks shite again.

You made the claim that "nobody blinked an eye".

Here are examples of what you class as nobody blinking an eye - Nothing to see here, nor here, nor here, nor here, still nobody is batting an eye, eyes wide shut

Contrary to your post, the EU was involved even when the banks were not nationalised -https://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-09-1728_en.htm

These instances of the EU batting an eye happened even after the state aid rules were relaxed by the Temporary Framework for State aid. 

I await your examples of the Government Nationalising banks were nobody batted an eye.  Even B&B at the outset of the financial crisis required EU approval.

In summary you once again posted unsubstatiated nonsense and then try to portray me as the one speaking shite.

Here are examples of what you class as nobody blinking an eye - Nothing to see here, nor here, nor here, nor here, still nobody is batting an eye, eyes wide shut
Contrary to your post, the EU was involved even when the banks were not nationalised -https://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-09-1728_en.htm
These instances of the EU batting an eye happened even after the state aid rules were relaxed by the Temporary Framework for State aid. 
I await your examples of the Government Nationalising banks were nobody batted an eye.  Even B&B at the outset of the financial crisis required EU approval.
In summary you once again posted unsubstatiated nonsense and then try to portray me as the one speaking shite.
What's your point, caller? The EU approving the UK's actions is an example of them not being bothered by them or "not blinking an eye" as it were.

43 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

That’s an embarrassment for Labour. Corbyn needs to put country above party and resign and let someone less divisive take over.

IMG_2883.jpg

Yeah let’s offer the people the option of a Tory Party and two Tory Party Lites; that’s democratic.

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah let’s offer the people the option of a Tory Party and two Tory Party Lites; that’s democratic.

Granny, can you tell us when last there was a labour leader in place who was far enough to the left for you to approve of?

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Granny, can you tell us when last there was a labour leader in place who was far enough to the left for you to approve of?

Far be it from me to answer for the old boy, but your question is immaterial to his point. Those bleating the loudest about Corbyn would w**k themselves into a coma if another Blair type led the party. Blair was/is centre right. The Lib Dems are centre right. The Tories are right.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Far be it from me to answer for the old boy, but your question is immaterial to his point. Those bleating the loudest about Corbyn would w**k themselves into a coma if another Blair type led the party. Blair was/is centre right. The Lib Dems are centre right. The Tories are right.

Feel free to answer for the old boy. Looks like Granny is ignoring me just now. There's two possible reasons for this - either he's got me on "Ignore" or it could be he's just ignoring me.

The question wasn't just about right and left. Most of my "bleats" over Corbyn revolve around his total lack of any leadership qualities. Don't you think the leader of a party should be able to demonstrate some leadership skills?

I agree Blair was centre right. I still can't believe he nicked half of Thatcher's policies and somehow got Labour, not just to accept them, but to put them into practice. He then proceeded to win 3 consecutive elections - I often wonder how much longer he could have continued in power had Saddam Hussein not raised his ugly head.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Feel free to answer for the old boy. Looks like Granny is ignoring me just now. There's two possible reasons for this - either he's got me on "Ignore" or it could be he's just ignoring me.

The question wasn't just about right and left. Most of my "bleats" over Corbyn revolve around his total lack of any leadership qualities. Don't you think the leader of a party should be able to demonstrate some leadership skills?

I agree Blair was centre right. I still can't believe he nicked half of Thatcher's policies and somehow got Labour, not just to accept them, but to put them into practice. He then proceeded to win 3 consecutive elections - I often wonder how much longer he could have continued in power had Saddam Hussein not raised his ugly head.

I think Corbyn is a hopeless b*****d, but I remain steadfastly unconvinced that missing Labour voters would suddenly return if he was, for example, a Tony Benn type. 

My main problem with it all, I suppose, is that folk view the party they vote for as their football team. "Corbyn is a shite centre half, we need to sign Swinson to win again". Why people make such a palaver about just changing who you vote for, according to what you currently believe in, is beyond me. Whatever way it's sliced it's better to have obviously different parties to choose from than entirely similar ones. Check my country of residence to see just why. warnock.png

12 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The Iraq war was a mistake but Blair still won an election after it.  It was not Hussein that ended his rule but Gordon Brown.

Corbyn's Labour Party got more votes when it lost in 2017 than Blair's Labour Party got when it won a landslide in 2001 and when it won again in 2005.

The problem Corbyn has is that for every person who wants him to become PM there is another person who definitely doesn't. 

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

The Iraq war was a mistake but Blair still won an election after it.  It was not Hussein that ended his rule but Gordon Brown.

Corbyn's Labour Party got more votes when it lost in 2017 than Blair's Labour Party got when it won a landslide in 2001 and when it won again in 2005.

The problem Corbyn has is that for every person who wants him to become PM there is another person who definitely doesn't. 

And that’s just in the PLP.

On 02/10/2019 at 13:30, Baxter Parp said:
On 02/10/2019 at 11:03, strichener said:

What's your point, caller? The EU approving the UK's actions is an example of them not being bothered by them or "not blinking an eye" as it were.

The EU quite clearly were bothered hence why the EU set conditions under which it would allow the state aid.  They didn't just waive these investments through with a shrug of the shoulders as is clear from the following extracts from the links

As regards the restructuring aid notified on 31 March 2009, the Commission has decided to initiate a detailed investigation for the following reasons:

As regards the restructuring aid notified on 17 March 2008, the Commission has decided to initiate a detailed investigation.

But be aware that in case RBS does not deliver on its balance sheet reduction targets by 2013, the Commission will be able to intervene again and more divestments will be required".

The Commission has agreed to extend the deadline for divesting Rainbow because the UK authorities and RBS have proven their commitment to create and divest Rainbow as a solid standalone bank."

The approval of this recapitalisation was conditional upon the submission of a restructuring plan.

Over to you for your evidence that nobody blinked an eye..